• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

World of Therran - Official Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you can host in a 15-20 usd machine no problem since they got enough memory and cpu power to host a rl map(you can also do some linux and tfs optimizations to squeeze performance) Kimsufi: affordable dedicated server! Also very easy to support it with donation money.

I think you can host in a 15-20 usd machine no problem since they got enough memory and cpu power to host a rl map(you can also do some linux and tfs optimizations to squeeze performance) Kimsufi: affordable dedicated server! Also very easy to support it with donation money.

Their issue last time wasn't the hardware specs of the host machine, but rather its physical location (a bedroom in Sweden).
The machine itself could have been state-of-the-art and it would not have made a difference to the overall experience of players outside of Sweden and her immediate neighbouring countries.

Their issue last time wasn't the hardware specs of the host machine, but rather its physical location (a bedroom in Sweden).
The machine itself could have been state-of-the-art and it would not have made a difference to the overall experience of players outside of Sweden and her immediate neighbouring countries.
That is why you can rent a old ovh server cheap? France seen a fair location to everyone in europe.

That is why you can rent a old ovh server cheap? France seen a fair location to everyone in europe.
I agree, France is an ideal location =D
I didn't look into what this kimsufi reseller website was offering, my reply was only to what you wrote - which was entirely about hardware and game-server optimisation.

Any news on this? where are devs? will we see a comeback of WOT?
It might actually suprise you that they do have a lot more activity the last weeks now. They even made a poll on their discord channel a few Days ago.

oh i remember i got banned from that discord LOL, anyway hope to see more of this server, was one of very few custom ots i enjoyed playing, map was best i've ever seen and sounds made the rpg just so much better, if you need help funding a good host for the server let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back