• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Would you play a challenging server?

I like everything you mentioned except the die of starvation and dehydration part. Id definitely play something like this.

I'm actually happy about the amount of people who have said they at least like the idea of challenging gameplay.

I actually just added in a "Beginner Protection" that will help you the first few times you die... since there is no "ramp" in difficulty, it starts difficult and it only gets harder when you get to Dungeons, and Quests, and other challenges.

I'm actually happy about the amount of people who have said they at least like the idea of challenging gameplay.

I actually just added in a "Beginner Protection" that will help you the first few times you die... since there is no "ramp" in difficulty, it starts difficult and it only gets harder when you get to Dungeons, and Quests, and other challenges.
I am interested also, BUT by any chance is this the server you were working on with @Sportacus

I am interested also, BUT by any chance is this the server you were working on with @Sportacus

Sportacus kind of has a role in most of my servers. He is more of a person I bounce ideas off of and we discuss and debate ideas, as do I with Xagulz, Koodles, Chaos Bringer, and any other of my friends that hang out in my Ventrilo. Sportacus just shows more interest and is willing to log in and test stuff with me, most of the other people I know are too busy wasting their time playing the shittiest of all games ever created - League of Legends.

Sportacus kind of has a role in most of my servers. He is more of a person I bounce ideas off of and we discuss and debate ideas, as do I with Xagulz, Koodles, Chaos Bringer, and any other of my friends that hang out in my Ventrilo. Sportacus just shows more interest and is willing to log in and test stuff with me, most of the other people I know are too busy wasting their time playing the shittiest of all games ever created - League of Legends.
Lmao yea I was just curious because last time I talked to him he told me about a pretty crazy project he was kind of working on with you

Love this whole idea but mainly the starvation and dehydration idea makes it very realistic and makes sure you are paying attention to your character to carry around a certain amount of food and water when you go leveling etc

Love this whole idea but mainly the starvation and dehydration idea makes it very realistic and makes sure you are paying attention to your character to carry around a certain amount of food and water when you go leveling etc

Well, the goal was to make food/water necessary, but also better. Not only will cooking and preparing food make it give you faster and better regeneration, and different types of food gives different amounts of hp/mana (protein leans more towards health, and fruit/veggies lean more towards mana), it will keep you from starving. Also being near a campfire or fireplace will increase the regeneration of the food you've eaten. And sleeping will further increase it.

I thought deeply about what Stamina should be, and decided it should be what it is. Stamina. As you walk around, are in combat, or basically do anything that uses energy your stamina will go down. And you will need to rest, while having food and water to regenerate your stamina.

You can sleep in a bed/sleeping bag/tent without logging out. Sleeping near a stove, fireplace or campfire will increase your regeneration even more, and even better you can also log out while sleeping and you will continue sleeping (anywhere in the game-world) until you are fully regenerated.

Well, the goal was to make food/water necessary, but also better. Not only will cooking and preparing food make it give you faster and better regeneration, and different types of food gives different amounts of hp/mana (protein leans more towards health, and fruit/veggies lean more towards mana), it will keep you from starving. Also being near a campfire or fireplace will increase the regeneration of the food you've eaten. And sleeping will further increase it.

I thought deeply about what Stamina should be, and decided it should be what it is. Stamina. As you walk around, are in combat, or basically do anything that uses energy your stamina will go down. And you will need to rest, while having food and water to regenerate your stamina.

You can sleep in a bed/sleeping bag/tent without logging out. Sleeping near a stove, fireplace or campfire will increase your regeneration even more, and even better you can also log out while sleeping and you will continue sleeping (anywhere in the game-world) until you are fully regenerated.
So are you going to implement like cooking skills etc.?

So are you going to implement like cooking skills etc.?

Nope, not at the moment at least.

Currently I have taken out all "skill gain" of every type, and if I do add them back in, I will have to find a way to make it NOT a grind of doing the same thing over and over again.

What kind of character customization will there be?

The customization is of Ownership.

I imagine a veteran player will own their own house (which you can build after buying a plot of land) with pets, and NPC family and/or maid and guards or servents, and a wardrobe filled with armors and weapons and rings and amulets that they have leveled up and customized. Along with a Rune Making Machine that you put in recipes and it will make runes (Similar to smelting iron in minecraft) so that every day when you log in, waking up from your bed, you can pick up what you have, and go collect more. Increasing your net-wealth.

Now if you want to know about actual combat customization.

Each weapon, shield, boots, ring, spellbook, or wand can have a huge number of spells or abilities on it.
For example, you could loot lets say a Sword can have Berserk on it, and a Wand of Vortex can have Heavy Magic Missile, a shield can have barrier, along with their attackspeed, passives, minAttack, maxAttack etc. And as you level up an item, you can increase the spell's minPower, OR maxPower, OR (decrease) the cooldown, or the actual item's stats (defense, armor, minAttack, maxAttack, maxHealth, etc).

So as you play, you will probably have multiple choices for items you will wear in different situations, maybe a Bow that has a Paralyze every 3rd shot passive when fighting melee-oriented monsters. Or maybe a spell that knocks targets back, or stuns them, or makes walls, or freezes them, or fears them away, etc.

The fun of the server is collecting items with spells and passives on them that work well together and are fun to use. Think of it almost like Pokemon, where there are tons of these collectables out there, each having their own unique and fun playstyles, and you can level them up and customize them to suit your playstyle.

Xagulz is part of the project?

Nope, I do talk to him, but he has his own project(s).

I will say me and Xagulz recently both bought expensive Steering Wheels and The Crew and play it together all the time.
But we do not work on servers together (we don't agree on how servers should be made).

Oh i see
I remember how i used to been tester on his custom OT ( it was super fun )

This week i'm working on making it so Monsters/NPCs have equipment slots.
They will be able to equip items, backpacks, etc.

This is being done for 2 reasons.
  1. Bandits and other monsters should be able to steal items from you, so it needs to remember what items were stolen so they can drop them later.
  2. NPCs will need equipment and inventory (since they are simulated players)
There are many more reasons, but these are the main reasons why this is being added for now.

I'll also be making it so NPCs are counted as players, and have their own accounts in the SQL where they can have inventory, depots, deathlists, storage values and everything saved.

Should make for some interesting gameplay :)

This week i'm working on making it so Monsters/NPCs have equipment slots.
They will be able to equip items, backpacks, etc.

This is being done for 2 reasons.
  1. Bandits and other monsters should be able to steal items from you, so it needs to remember what items were stolen so they can drop them later.
  2. NPCs will need equipment and inventory (since they are simulated players)
There are many more reasons, but these are the main reasons why this is being added for now.

I'll also be making it so NPCs are counted as players, and have their own accounts in the SQL where they can have inventory, depots, deathlists, storage values and everything saved.

Should make for some interesting gameplay :)
That sounds insane id have to see it lmao

Hello everyone!

You may or may not know that I have been working on an insanely custom project.

But I have realized that the server I have been making is... well really challenging.

Mostly because I like challenging things. I feel it is more fun to be challenged than to just complete easy repetitive tasks over and over again. (Sadly most MMOs are exactly that, repetitive easy tasks that you do over and over again)

My questions is, do you like challenging servers. Would you play a game if...
  • If Monsters had better AI, they could work together, decide who to attack based on Threat Analysis, choose to use Area spells when players are grouped.
  • If Quests were randomized, and you didn't know exactly what to do, or exactly what was going to happen, AND you had a time limit.
  • If there were no set spawns, each time you go to a mountain, you never know what will be there, or what challenges you will face.
  • If monsters patrolled, and you could sneak past them, meaning just because you run into a extremely dangerous monster, doesn't mean you have to fight it, you could possibly sneak by it, or retreat before it notices you. (This also means monsters that are too dangerous for normal players could be anywhere, or spawn anywhere, without it being truly unfair)
  • If Abilities and Spells required skill, you had to aim your heals, use barriers at the right time to block incoming attacks, and so did the monsters you fought. (Simulated intelligence)
  • If you had to eat food, drink water, and rest to survive, and you can die to starvation, dehydration, and lack of sleep. (Survival gameplay)
  • If there were no protection zones, not one place on the server including the temple and depot where you are 100% safe. (There will be town guards, and a protection spell cast on anyone inside of a town, but it DOES NOT make you immune or completely safe)
The goal is to make a fun, challenging, server where there is TONS to do with no limitations, but this also means there is no protection zones, skull system, or easily obtainable blessings/AoL.

So I ask again, would you play a challenging custom server?

(I don't make Polls because I don't really care about the majority, I'd rather people actually voice their opinions, give feedback and constructive criticism)

Sounds like Day Z in tibia version lol xD

I would play it, the harder the better bc there will be more interaction between players and it will be longer not only 1 week playing, so I would definitely give a shot.

-Greetings, Liro.

Back