• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Write Yourself Into 'Pray to the RNG Gods'

A Dirty Rag

Reaction score
Over the past year while tossing the idea back and forth for working on a project I thought of an idea on how to do NPCs. I think it's easy to pump out generic & similar dialog that are all somewhat represent the developers style. So I thought of this!

If you would like to role-play and write yourself into the game as a NPC you're more than welcome to, just pick an occupation and don't be troll-tastic; write yourself in as a real member of the struggling world. You can have a family, slayed a twisted demon in your past, whatever you want. I'm not going to limit dialog lines. Don't forget to post the trigger words the player will say. When the server launches I'll dedicate a page to everyone who contributed to this and what NPC they wrote.

The world you know is crumbling, humanity is being phased out. Cast off the evolutionary chain. Great cities have become myths, the myths fading with each generation. Pick up your blades and kill as many beasts as you can until one day you yourself are cut down, you are a Slayer; this is your destiny.

This is a Tibia just pre-apocalypse, small villages dot the world surrounded by the harsh wilderness condensed with monsters. If you want to get to another village you have to hack your way through.

To the person who writes themselves in the best I'll have some kind of really nice server-related reward that will be exclusive to your character.

@offtopic

@A Dirty Rag Dude, the additional pixel in your avatar makes my eyes bleed a little bit each time I look at them. :(

@itoxblade Nope, the map is going to be quite a bit different from traditional style. There'll be a lot of small villages and the wilderness in-between will have high quantities of monsters (the world is over-run, pre-apocalyptic setting); also the monsters will be high condensed because combat will be much faster than in Tibia. I'm looking for a skilled mapper to commit to the project. Right now I'm trying to get all the changes and systems written out in a detailed fashion in order to implement them as easily as possible into code.

@Testerus Muwhauahuah. Sufffferrrrrr.

Back