• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Wrong username or password.

impulss

Reaction score
Firstly I'd just like to say, sorry for my English, I'm from Australia, Mate.

I compiled the latest TFS 1.0 source from github, and everything went fine. I configured my config.lua and input my database scructure (.sql file), I then installed an AAC and created an account. All data was input into the correct tables and a player was born.

I downloaded the 10.1 client and ip changer, changed my ip to the local server and tried to connect and got a cannot connect to login server error. The console output on the server looks fine but isn't displaying a connection attempt or login. When I try and connect using an older client it says "this server only supports 10.1 client" so I know its connecting and doing something, just not liking the login server?

The server (Ubuntu 13.04) sits on the same network and the computer trying to connect. The server starts alright and no errors are given.

I'm not sure why its doing this, any help would be greatly appreciated.

**EDIT** I just realised the client is actually 10.2. I downloaded 10.1 finally, and now no matter what password username I type I get "Wrong username/password". Created a new account, to no avail. Can log into the AAC perfectly fine using new account. Account is created in the same db that the OT servers reads from.

Last edited:
Make sure that you set sha1 as the encryption type on your config.lua. Then, execute this SQL query at your PMA.

Code:
UPDATE accounts SET password=SHA1(password);

Note that you need to have your server offline.

Make sure that you set sha1 as the encryption type on your config.lua. Then, execute this SQL query at your PMA.

Code:
UPDATE accounts SET password=SHA1(password);

Note that you need to have your server offline.

Thanks for your response. That was the problem indeed! Once I set the passwordType to sha1 it was fine.

The passwords were already created with SHA1 encyrption, is there still a need to run that query?

If the passwords in the db are already sha1 encrypted, there's no need to execute the SQL query anymore.

Back