• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Xagulz RME Extension Thread

Xagul

deathzot.net
Solutions
Reaction score
My goal here is to sort items in RME as efficient as possible to allow mappers to create content as quickly and as easily as possible.
If you are a mapper and you have ideas please share.

Currently my plan is to add new items to palettes based on their "theme".
I will also be sorting random items into their proper palette when I come across them. For this reason I will be keeping a change log of everything I am adding/moving. Hopefully it does not conflict with any extensions that people are already using.

Client: 10.77
Link: http://wklej.org/hash/da1deb52803/
Installation:
Yy6pu0O.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6gD78XM.png
DJyhDHU.png
MIDq1gW.png
:D

Sorry if this is not the right forum to post this but I need to be able to edit the post as I add more stuff and I am not sure editing is possible in the tools forum?

Last edited:
*CHANGELOG*
*Doodads/Brushes*
  • Added a doodad that contains a big mushroom and all variants of the titanic mushrooms *Each variant is in the same brush so simply pressing "z" will cycle through them*

*Raw*
  • Moved titanic mushroom pieces to nature
  • Moved bamboo columns inline with other bamboo shit in walls
  • Created Category "bridges"
  • Moved rope bridge shit to bridges
  • Moved some dolls to trinkets
  • Moved some wall lamps to hangables
  • Created category "creature products"
  • Moved tusks to creature products *Idk if these are suppose to be creature products but they are stackable and they look like they should be here*
  • Moved templar scytheblade/ripper lance to weapons
  • Moved worm to tools
  • Moved some dungeon stuff (chains/iron maiden/ect...) to interior
  • Moved random wooden corner/column inline with the ones in architecture *I tried to group them all together but the extension doesn't seem to "overwrite" pre-existing brushes so it kept jumping to the original which was annoying*
  • Moved random straw pieces inline with the ones in exterior
  • Moved sugar cane to nature
  • Moved some hunting/fishing/lumberjack shit to exterior *if I notice many more of this type of item I may just create a new category for them*
  • Moved a random bamboo lamp inline with the ones in exterior
  • Moved jail doors inline with the jail bars in architecture
  • Moved some fancy bridge stuff to bridges
  • Created category "signs"
  • Moved all signs I could find to the new signs category (not sure if all the new signs are writable but I added them anyway)
  • Created Theme: Corrupted (normal corrupted shit in here)
  • Created Theme: Corrupted Nature (organic-ish corrupted shit in here cuz the main palette was getting sorta cluttered)
  • Created Theme: Pirate (shiny treasure and pirate type stuff here)
  • Created Theme: Red Earth (contains the proper red borders that don't overlap objects in-game!!!)
  • Created Theme: Steampunk (some machine looking shit in here looks sorta steampunk to me)
*Raw*
  • Created Theme: Bob Ross
  • Created Theme: Gothic
  • Created Theme: New Desert Town
  • Created Theme: New Desert Ruins
  • Created Theme: New Desert Tombs
  • Created Theme: New Desert Misc
  • Created Theme: Crystals/Gems/Minerals
  • Found more treasure, moved to pirate theme
  • Moved a bunch of underwater stuff to the sea category
  • Found the center of the super tesla coil of doom. Added to steampunk section along with the rest of it.
  • Moved a bunch of ornate/venorean furniture to the interior category
  • Moved some stuff that I missed to corrupted theme

Last edited:
ttG2mKT.jpg

<Nothing at the moment!>

If you find anything listed here please post it so we can get it added to the extension!

Last edited:
Ok so my current idea is "Themes".
Originally I was going to just add all the new walls/doors/grounds/borders into their proper category. The problem I ran into is that a lot of the new sprites have additional doodads that are useful for that area.
LDJ5RCX.png
The reason why that is a problem is because as soon as I move the new walls/borders/grounds into the proper palette, it becomes impossible to "select raw" to jump to that area of the "others" palette to easily browse through all of them. This means that mappers will have to search around all the different palettes to find "detail" for their area. A lot of items do not have names either so using the search function isn't going to solve the problem and many people may not even know the proper name of the item they are looking for anyway.

So my idea is simple really... In the raw palette (at the bottom) you will have a bunch of categories based on the theme.
BbGr0P3.png
I think this is extremely similar to what @Peroxide did with his extensions and after talking to @Snuggles it sounds like this will be the most useful way to sort the current shitstorm of a raw palette we currently have. Let me know what you guys think!

Last edited:
Great idea, would love to see what this turns into. I always fret when trying to find "all" of the possible details for one "theme" or "area".

So my idea is simple really... In the raw palette (at the bottom) you will have a bunch of categories based on the theme. Example:
The presence of a item in a theme shouldn't exclude the possibility from it being present again in other.

I would love to see this!

Would help me out as a beginner for sure!

Added a link to what I finished for today to give you guys a preview of how themes will work. I would have done more but there were so many "steampunk" items and they are so dark so it made my eyes hurt looking through them all. I also found a bunch of dark castle looking items so maybe I will work on a gothic theme next.

Also I added a bounty board below the change log post. I will put things there such as incomplete multi-tile items that I am unable to find the parts to. If you find the parts to anything on that list please post the item id here!

Last edited:
I will be posting an update some time today with a few new themes. I just wanted to share this current palette with you guys because it is absolutely MASSIVE. It contains all the new desert themed doodads.
OwI0ZDx.png

Update added, done for tonight... Enjoy :)

ttG2mKT.jpg

xZCOvSA.jpg

If you find anything listed here please post it so we can get it added to the extension!
ID: 23422 connects with 23429. Just place the first item on z+1

I will work on this again soon. With the re-release of Deathzot and now Fallout 4, my time is limited atm :)

I will work on this again soon. With the re-release of Deathzot and now Fallout 4, my time is limited atm :)

My brother is hogging the PS4 so I can't play Fallout 4 yet, guess I'll just waste time on your server until he goes to sleep!

If you want any help, please PM me!

Really nice, i already had made extensions (long time ago)
You have my help, if you need.

Back