• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[13.21 Canary] Issues attempting to load Canary map with RME.

pepeg123

Reaction score
Hey, there.

General Info:
Canary 13.21
remeres-map-editor-13x distributed by otservbr (The RME I have been using)
convert-map-to-client-id distributed by otservbr (Old RME used to convert map files between ClientID and ServerID)
ServerId and ClientID Map Converter distributed by otservbr (NodeJS-script used to convert between ClientID and ServerID)
client-11-outdated-(10x) (Old client used for *.spr and *.dat files to load the remeres-map-editor-13x)

Disclaimer:
I have googled quite a lot and read a lot of posts on here, so I somewhat know what to do and what I'm doing wrong but not how to properly do it, hence my first post on the forum.

Background:
I'm entirely new to using these systems and looked through Github and chose between Canary and The Forgotten server. I chose Canary at the time which now seems to pose some issues with regards to the subject of editing the map using RME, if I understand the old threads I've read correctly.

I have found that otservbr has a 13.x RME they distribute along with an older version used to convert maps between ClientID and ServerID. Also some NodeJS script that does the same thing.

I have a fair bit of know-how with the programming parts so no issues there but can't say I have a clue what I'm doing with RME.

What I have tried:
When I load the map I get tons of messages saying "Unknown header node".

I did disregard those messages and attempt to edit the map anyway which somewhat worked, it produces a new otserv.otbm-file along with a couple of xml-files for monsters, npcs and houses. I tried to put these into my canary-server data-otserv-global directory, backing up the original ones. Launching the server simply said that "Zones could not be loaded" and essentially it was not possible to log into the server anymore, despite it running. So obviously I fucked it up, reversed to the original files and here I am.

My thougths:
I understand I need to do some type of converting of ClientID to ServerID and then back(?) or something.
And I don't really understand what the xml-file otservbr-zones.xml is for and why It's not being generated by the RME when saving the map, since there seems to be a correlation between the server not running properly with the newly saved map.
I also don't understand the wide variety of distributed RME-versions, some by OTAcademy which has forked another forked etc, etc..

My question:
I'm asking for a deeper look into what steps I need to take to be able to edit the map.
Should I be using these conversion tools distributed by otservbr and if so in what order should I use them and how?
Should I be using another tool I have not yet found by looking around the forums and Github repos?

Appreciate any info to help me get further in this manner.
Cheers.

Attachments

• unknown_header_node.png
    unknown_header_node.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 34 · VirusTotal
Last edited:
Hey, there.

General Info:
Canary 13.21
remeres-map-editor-13x distributed by otservbr (The RME I have been using)
convert-map-to-client-id distributed by otservbr (Old RME used to convert map files between ClientID and ServerID)
ServerId and ClientID Map Converter distributed by otservbr (NodeJS-script used to convert between ClientID and ServerID)
client-11-outdated-(10x) (Old client used for *.spr and *.dat files to load the remeres-map-editor-13x)

Disclaimer:
I have googled quite a lot and read a lot of posts on here, so I somewhat know what to do and what I'm doing wrong but not how to properly do it, hence my first post on the forum.

Background:
I'm entirely new to using these systems and looked through Github and chose between Canary and The Forgotten server. I chose Canary at the time which now seems to pose some issues with regards to the subject of editing the map using RME, if I understand the old threads I've read correctly.

I have found that otservbr has a 13.x RME they distribute along with an older version used to convert maps between ClientID and ServerID. Also some NodeJS script that does the same thing.

I have a fair bit of know-how with the programming parts so no issues there but can't say I have a clue what I'm doing with RME.

What I have tried:
When I load the map I get tons of messages saying "Unknown header node".

I did disregard those messages and attempt to edit the map anyway which somewhat worked, it produces a new otserv.otbm-file along with a couple of xml-files for monsters, npcs and houses. I tried to put these into my canary-server data-otserv-global directory, backing up the original ones. Launching the server simply said that "Zones could not be loaded" and essentially it was not possible to log into the server anymore, despite it running. So obviously I fucked it up, reversed to the original files and here I am.

My thougths:
I understand I need to do some type of converting of ClientID to ServerID and then back(?) or something.
And I don't really understand what the xml-file otservbr-zones.xml is for and why It's not being generated by the RME when saving the map, since there seems to be a correlation between the server not running properly with the newly saved map.
I also don't understand the wide variety of distributed RME-versions, some by OTAcademy which has forked another forked etc, etc..

My question:
I'm asking for a deeper look into what steps I need to take to be able to edit the map.
Should I be using these conversion tools distributed by otservbr and if so in what order should I use them and how?
Should I be using another tool I have not yet found by looking around the forums and Github repos?

Appreciate any info to help me get further in this manner.
Cheers.
you must compile the remers and if you want to convert your own map you must convert it

Why are you making life so difficult for yourself? Wouldn't it be better to use a ready-made RME prepared to support their map format? GitHub - opentibiabr/remeres-map-editor: Remere's Map Editor (https://github.com/opentibiabr/remeres-map-editor/)
This seems to have totally solved the problem! I did not know how hard I was making this for myself. Had no idea that particular release existed, I was looking through otservbr but apparently did not get the correct one.
you must compile the remers and if you want to convert your own map you must convert it
Also great advice, compiling the link from @0lo totally solved my issues.

Thanks for such quick and useful responses.
Cheers.

Back