• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

YATC - Yet Another Tibia Client - version 0.1

Khaos

OpenTibia developer -YATC
Reaction score
Greetings,

The official OpenTibia Team proudly presents YATC - Yet Another Tibia Client - version 0.1. We have worked for some time now, and we have reached the point where we have something to show to the public.

YATC is a free software product, licensed under GNU General Public License version 2. It is being developed as a part of OpenTibia project, and hosted on Sourceforge.net. The source code was available from day one via Subversion.

Since this is a first release, it is in early stages of development. However we believe that through proper structuring and open code, as well as direct connection to the OpenTibia server, continued development is guaranteed. User interface behind YATC is GLICT, a free software library developed by one of the authors of YATC.

Since the author of these lines does not have access to OpenTibia's SourceForge downloads administration, he was unable to upload the files there. Thus, he has uploaded them on his personal space on Google Pages:
Binary Win32 (zip)
Source code (tar.gz)
Make sure you scan the binaries before using them. You know how it goes: "You can't trust me, I can't trust you." Do not trust the scan logs that people post here, scan it for yourself, they could have faked it.

The author of these lines is a known hacker and cannot be trusted; he has single-handedly sinked 20 Russian nuclear submarines by simply sending them the command "$sink" and cracked National Bank stealing over 500 000 credit card numbers and PINs.

EDIT: Here is the official download site, where YATC was kindly uploaded by Simone.

Attachments

Last edited:
I don't like it either, it's still too messy for me. Keep up the work and it might be good sometime. ;) BTW, you close the client by pressing escape.

Sorry, i dont like it. The old tibia client is much better.
You obviously do not understand the phrase "in development". That annoys me. You could have said something in the lines, "It does not have enough features yet, I do not like this, I do not like that" so I know what exactly is the problem.

If the number of features is the problem, that will be fixed.
If the UI not being completely equal is the problem, that will be fixed, too.
What else?

I don't like it either, it's still too messy for me. Keep up the work and it might be good sometime. ;)
I appreciate this kind of comments, especially since it's this early in development, and I can see problems myself.
BTW, you close the client by pressing escape.
I've waited for so long to be able to say this:
That's a feature, not a bug :thumbup:

What is the advantage of using this kind of client :S
Cheating is definitely not an advantage. The advantage is that we get a completely free software client, where free software stands for freedom and not just price. Please familiarize yourself with concepts of free software, free software versus open source (it's not completely the same), and why free software is better than proprietary software.

Advantages are not currently visible, but they will be one day, when you will be able to extend the game in ways not possible by simple hex editing.

I'm downloading it just for the fact that it breaks my OT server 100% away from the real tibia server. Sure, it uses the same sprites, but you aren't modifying the tibia client which is against the terms of service or breaking one of the other multiple laws everyone is by using their client for a private server.

On the topic of the graphical interface, or the clutter, or the lack of features, coding those is easy. The fact that he has a working client without bugs is great.

Keep it up, ignore people who have no idea what they're talking about.

Back