• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Yellowhat's Tutorial Thread

Hey Yellow Hat.

What do you think about this sword? I call it the demon stabber xd

Attachments

• demon_stabber.PNG
    demon_stabber.PNG
    362 bytes · Views: 22 · VirusTotal
I tried to make a copy of the minotaur guard's axe. But it didn't go well i'm afraid.

Last edited:
Might be a bit of a bump after 6 months, but I decided to post my outcome after following this tutorial:

dn0eg8.png

EDIT: It's my first sprite and I made a change to the right side as it wasn't symmetric and it looked odd. Feedback welcome!

Last edited:
Spriting in not really my thing.

cXY5lpl.gif

But nice tutorial :)

Last edited:
Spriting is a fun thing ^^
This is my first from scratch sprite
eQAUIPd.png

I wanted the eye to move so I made a gif out of it (I made the eye go slower in a second gif. Lost the gif tho ;_;
jLGjXj1.gif

And my second item went here
sk1rqvZ.png

My first armor sprite. what do you think?

Those are shoulder spikes for protection..
i'll appreciate any links or explanation w a little illustration on how to make those
Can i get some advice on shading or what things you keep in mind when shading a sprite

Also, why cannot i view

Attachments

• Knight's armor n01.png
    Knight's armor n01.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 5 · VirusTotal
Last edited:
My first sprite ever – a remake of magic longsword.
Thanks for the tutorial!
HYD9aue.png

Last edited:
@Yellowhat Any chance you can recreate this guide with new pictures (or upload the old pictures to Otland now that we have that feature)? It looks interesting but it's hard to follow the guide without the examples.

Not sure how much time gets down by spriting a sword, but a video where you film your screen and let people see how you do it would be nice

Back