• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Yet another items.otb error! 8.60

absorc17

Asker
Reaction score
OTServ 8.60 r.6052

Problem: look at picture

I'm not using the default data folder that came with OTServ 8.60 r.6052, I replaced that one with Bynera RLmap 8.6 data pack that I downloaded from another forum.

Ok so I've read that you can fix this by simply delete some codes in items.cpp with dev c++
However, if you look at all my posts you can see that I am a noob ;) when it comes to stuff like this..
I manage to open items.cpp with dev c++ and delete the following code

e
Code:
lse if(Items::dwMinorVersion != CLIENT_VERSION_860) 
    { 
        std::clog << "[Error - Items::loadFromOtb] Another  (client) version of items.otb is required." << std::endl; 
        return ERROR_INVALID_FORMAT; 
    }

My question is then how do I compile the server after editing items.cpp?? Do I need to go through a whole bunch of steps just for editing 1 file?
Please share some knowledge to a noob :(

I'll give NinjaHopparn some props for helping me out a bit but unfortunately I need more guidance..

Back