• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

"You can't see anything." floors above are black?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advanced OT User
Reaction score
How can I resolve this issue? At first I thought it was just a graphical issue (maybe depending on the graphics engine or graphics card).
But I've tested all graphic engines, and on different computers with different setup, even older computers.
But I still just see black and the text "You can't see anything." when I am underground and look on floors above.

I looked it up and I saw that this is not what it looked like in real tibia.
See below image from a 7.4 TibiCam clip VS my OT server.

I use Avesta 7.4. I could not find anything with that "You can't see anything" text in the sources.

In real tibia, it is still black, but at least you can see the border/edge.

yl7JxCC.png

Here is another example of how ugly it looks:

View attachment 41773

But with a light source or a player, it will suddenly look normal.
View attachment 41774

So maybe the ot server sets some default lightning when theres no other light source?
Any way to adjust this?

Last edited by a moderator:
In your client, go to options, graphics, advanced and make sure "Show Light Effects" is checked.

Oh, I had to reduce the colors to 16-bit on Tibia.exe -> Properties -> Compatibility.

But now the FPS is much lower.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back