• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ "Your character could not be loaded" - mysql error?

Bronekki

Reaction score
Greetings,
I'm having some issues with my ots. I've already set mysql, php and ots files up. Everything works fine, engine compiled, website works, accounts can be created. Database looks fine, no errors, all tables ok. When creating an account there's no error, the same when it comes to creating new players - all records are in their place. But issues start when I'm trying to login into the game. Characters list comes up, I choose my character, I try to login and then an error pops up - "Your character could not be loaded". I use VPS - Debian 7. Here's what it says in console:

Code:
[Error - mysql_store_result] Query: SELECT `id`, `name`, `account_id`, `group_id`,
`sex`, `vocation`, `experience`, `level`, `maglevel`, `health`, `healthmax`, `blessings`,
`mana`, `manamax`, `manaspent`, `soul`, `lookbody`, `lookfeet`, `lookhead`,
`looklegs`, `looktype`, `lookaddons`, `posx`, `posy`, `posz`, `cap`, `lastlogin`,
`lastlogout`, `lastip`, `conditions`, `skulltime`, `skull`, `town_id`, `balance`,
`offlinetraining_time`, `offlinetraining_skill`, `stamina`, `skill_fist`, `skill_fist_tries`,
`skill_club`, `skill_club_tries`, `skill_sword`, `skill_sword_tries`, `skill_axe`,
`skill_axe_tries`, `skill_dist`, `skill_dist_tries`, `skill_shielding`, `skill_shielding_tries`,
 `skill_fishing`, `skill_fishing_tries`,`skill_criticalhit_chance`, `skill_criticalhit_damage`, `skill_lifeleech_chance`,
`skill_lifeleech_amount`, `skill_manaleech_chance`,
`skill_manaleech_amount` FROM `players` WHERE `name` = 'Bronekki'
Message: Unknown column 'skill_criticalhit_chance' in 'field list'

I'm not a pro so it's kind of dark magic to me.
The very same ots with the same records in database works perfectly fine on my computer using xampp.
Thanks in advance for any clues.

Kind Regards.

Attachments

Last edited:
are you sure there's nothing else extra after the query you posted?
usually when there's an error with the query it shows you the query + the reason the error occurred, you only posted the query and not the reason it occurred

Oh yes, there's one. I just thought it's irrelevant.

Code:
Message: Unknown column 'skill_criticalhit_chance' in 'field list'

then either you're not using tfs 1.2 or you're using a version that's edited because leech and crit doesn't exist in 1.2
grab the schema from wherever you got your server from

Okey then, I’ll try it. But what about it’s working on my computer using xampp? No errors there, I can login into the game.

doesn't make sense if you're using the exact same sources for both operating systems
not like linux would magically make it try to load leech/crit from database, it part of the sources you compiled for linux
you might be using 1.3 on linux and 1.2 on windows

Back