• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Your First Open Tibia Server

Any idea why my Apache service won't start? (and yes it's installed)

I guess my port nr. 80 is blocked but I can't seem to find how, here's a screen which might help you find a sollution;

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/2825/serversc.jpg

I uninstalled Skype just to be sure

Just did some more googling and I found some ways to check what is using port 80, here are my results;

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/8945/servers2.jpg

So I found out port 80 is bieing used by appache? Altho it's not working..

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/3600/servers3.jpg

Also I don't have acces to http://localhost/security/xamppsecurity.php, nor http://localhost/phpmyadmin/

(I have teamview available just incase)

Anyone :x?

Last edited by a moderator:
You cant run localhost unless apache isn't running. I used to get that bug aswell.. Try restarting your computer and try again. If it dosnt work try stopping apache and mysql and start your server then activate apache and mysql

You cant run localhost unless apache isn't running. I used to get that bug aswell.. Try restarting your computer and try again. If it dosnt work try stopping apache and mysql and start your server then activate apache and mysql

Working fine now, thanks alot

If anyone needs anything, or needs more instructions on how to do a certain thing, just tell me. Also report any bugs to me.

After all of that is done, go back to.. "localhost/phpmyadmin" and set up a database. You should find a place to create a database on the home page, enter the server name you put up in the config.lua above this, and click enter. After that, click on the "Import" tab and then click "Browse" search for the "forgottenserver.sql" in your server directory, click on that, then click "go". Congratulations, if you did everything correctly, you should now be able to login to your server with the IP "127.0.0.1" and account "1/1". But wait! Your not done yet, we still have to make you an admin account!

Ok well I got to this part and when I hit browse I cannot find forgottenserver.sql - I redownloaded all the packages for 8.54 and this file just is not there. I tried downloading both types with console and without tried running the actual server 'crying damson' and well yeah I'm stuck. Does the 8.54 version just not have this file?
or am I doing something wrong?

Edit: I downloaded the 9.1 version and it has the required file, but I want to host a 8.54 version.. since remere's map editor actually supports this version.
How do I go about this?

After all of that is done, go back to.. "localhost/phpmyadmin" and set up a database. You should find a place to create a database on the home page, enter the server name you put up in the config.lua above this, and click enter. After that, click on the "Import" tab and then click "Browse" search for the "forgottenserver.sql" in your server directory, click on that, then click "go". Congratulations, if you did everything correctly, you should now be able to login to your server with the IP "127.0.0.1" and account "1/1". But wait! Your not done yet, we still have to make you an admin account!

Ok well I got to this part and when I hit browse I cannot find forgottenserver.sql - I redownloaded all the packages for 8.54 and this file just is not there. I tried downloading both types with console and without tried running the actual server 'crying damson' and well yeah I'm stuck. Does the 8.54 version just not have this file?
or am I doing something wrong?

Edit: I downloaded the 9.1 version and it has the required file, but I want to host a 8.54 version.. since remere's map editor actually supports this version.
How do I go about this?

If you want, you can also use the schema file (schema.mysql) in your.. guess what? Schema folder. xD

I didn't know that 'mysql.sql' existed.. but what does the file contain that the other does? I don't understand how it differs... Does it just show where are the paths are? the '(schema.mysql)' doesn't.. you know exist.. soo I'll try mysql.sql soon to see if that works...

Thanks for the tutorial. I would like if it's possible for you to explain how do we add new accounts to the server. I created a new account with the account manager user and when I connect it gives me the same character(account manager). I want a fresh new account with a fresh character(lvl1) in the starting zone, thanks! :)

I didn't know that 'mysql.sql' existed.. but what does the file contain that the other does? I don't understand how it differs... Does it just show where are the paths are? the '(schema.mysql)' doesn't.. you know exist.. soo I'll try mysql.sql soon to see if that works...

mysql.sql does not exist, I'm saying look up schema.mysql in your schema folder.

Thanks for the tutorial. I would like if it's possible for you to explain how do we add new accounts to the server. I created a new account with the account manager user and when I connect it gives me the same character(account manager). I want a fresh new account with a fresh character(lvl1) in the starting zone, thanks! :)

Your server must not be connected to the database correctly, what version are you using?

I get this error when I am trying to connect to the database. Help, anyone?

#1142 - SELECT command denied to user ''@'localhost' for table 'pma_column_info'

I got that same error when I deleted PMA - so.. I just didn't delete it the second time around.

anyways in my 'SCHEMAS' folder I have 3 files..

mysql.sql
pgsql.sql
sqlite.sql

and when searching for Schemas on my comp It only comes up with the folder and those 3 files.
nowhere is schemas.sql :/

I got that same error when I deleted PMA - so.. I just didn't delete it the second time around.

anyways in my 'SCHEMAS' folder I have 3 files..

mysql.sql
pgsql.sql
sqlite.sql

and when searching for Schemas on my comp It only comes up with the folder and those 3 files.
nowhere is schemas.sql :/

hum. It must have changed then, use mysql.sql.

No, I havn't deleted it. Tried to download to check if it was by a mistake, but the file isn't there? In the 9.1 client.

Note,

Use Uniserver.
It is so much faster and more safe.

You won't regret using it.

Back