• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Your First Open Tibia Server

Yeah go to config and change password at
-- SQL
sqlType = "MySQL"
passwordType = "Plain" <--- Change to your password.

I really need help with this. I get the same error. I need to replace 'Plain' with the xampp password or what?

You can chose to put either "plain" or "sha1". If you dont know what it means yet, its best if you leave it like it is.

Also, I would recommend that you follow a newer tutorial like this one

http://otland.net/threads/video-tut...ing-ot-server-website-and-shop-system.166818/

Okay, I followed every step on the tutorial until I got stuck with an error, you see, when it comes to open The Forgotten Server.exe right after changing the admin password from 1 to the sha1 format, the .exe just crashes. Loading database driver... Failed to connect to database. MYSQL ERROR: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (19961) || ERROR: Failed to connect to database, read doc/MWSQL_HELP for information or try SQLite which doesn't require any connection. How can I fix that ? :c Thanks.

Okay, I followed every step on the tutorial until I got stuck with an error, you see, when it comes to open The Forgotten Server.exe right after changing the admin password from 1 to the sha1 format, the .exe just crashes. Loading database driver... Failed to connect to database. MYSQL ERROR: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (19961) || ERROR: Failed to connect to database, read doc/MWSQL_HELP for information or try SQLite which doesn't require any connection. How can I fix that ? :c Thanks.

In config.lua, find the database address and change it from "localhost" to "127.0.0.1"

In config.lua, find the database address and change it from "localhost" to "127.0.0.1"

Can you tell me exactly the name of the "Database adress" ?

-- Connection Config
ip = "127.0.0.1"
-- MySQL
mysqlHost = "localhost"
mysqlUser = "serv"
mysqlPass = "******************"
mysqlDatabase = "serv"
mysqlPort = 3306
-- SQLite
sqliteDatabase = "forgottenserver.s3db"
-- SQL
sqlType = "mysql"
passwordType = "sha1"

Thanks a lot.

Can you tell me exactly the name of the "Database adress" ?

-- Connection Config
ip = "127.0.0.1"
-- MySQL
mysqlHost = "localhost"
mysqlUser = "serv"
mysqlPass = "******************"
mysqlDatabase = "serv"
mysqlPort = 3306
-- SQLite
sqliteDatabase = "forgottenserver.s3db"
-- SQL
sqlType = "mysql"
passwordType = "sha1"

Thanks a lot.
This:
mysqlHost = "localhost"
to
mysqlHost = "127.0.0.1"

It worked, thanks guys. Now one last quesiton. Is there a Forgotten Server that can host a 10.50 Tibia Server? The one I downloaded hosts a 9.8 server and my Google skills sucks.

It worked, thanks guys. Now one last quesiton. Is there a Forgotten Server that can host a 10.50 Tibia Server? The one I downloaded hosts a 9.8 server and my Google skills sucks.

TFS 1.0 supports 10.41 and that is the latest version available.

TFS 1.0 supports 10.41 and that is the latest version available.

I'm sorry I'm asking a lot of things. Can you help me with something else? I started the server (client 9.80) and it has a custom map. I hate custom maps. How do I change the map to the official Tibia (9.80) server?

By official tibia you mean a real map? If so then you will need to download a 9.~ real map & change the data,mods folder cus if you only change the map it won't function properly

By official tibia you mean a real map? If so then you will need to download a 9.~ real map & change the data,mods folder cus if you only change the map it won't function properly

Yes, the 'real' map. Thais, Carlin, Venore and so. I'm not a fan of custom maps. To find the map/data I must download an 9.80 client and move the data or what?

My recommendation since this is your first open tibia server is use printer's datapack & just download and compile tfs 1.0... there are many tutorials for that

Whenever I try to select a database for import on myPhP, it just has an infinite loading screen. Whenever I try to import, it gives me this:
Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance, by the way.

Error
SQL query:
DROP TRIGGER IF EXISTS `oncreate_players`;

MySQL said:
#1046 - No database selected

My recommendation since this is your first open tibia server is use printer's datapack & just download and compile tfs 1.0... there are many tutorials for that
yeah its the easiest and fastest way, tried this and i can recommend this :D

II. Setting Up A Database and an Admin Account

After all of that is done, go back to.. "localhost/phpmyadmin" and set up a database. You should find a place to create a database on the home page, enter the server name you put up in the config.lua above this, and click enter. After that, click on the "Import" tab and then click "Browse" search for the "forgottenserver.sql" in your server directory, click on that, then click "go". Congratulations, if you did everything correctly, you should now be able to login to your server with the IP "127.0.0.1" and account "1/1". But wait! Your not done yet, we still have to make you an admin account!

Go to your database tab in "localhost/phpmyadmin" and click on accounts, go to the account you created and set the account access to 5, then go to the character you created on the "Characters" tab, and set the character's group ID to 3, you can do this all by clicking on the checkbox of the account or character and clicking the paper with a pencil or edit button at the bottom of the page.
What should I import if I don't have the "forgottenserver.sql"? Should I import the only other .sql I got, "Schema.sql"?

Back