• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Zatjin's showoff.

Zatjin

Advanced OT User
Reaction score
Hey nub :)
This will be like a showoff, I won't show everything I mapped but some of it. Call it showoff of the best works of me :huh: like yeah:D

I is da prau mappzor? We'll see :D

Just a simple island.
2Eloc.png

pro ? I think so :w00t:

Big or small, tufts are everywhere.
Also swamps that close to water looks bad... they should have something separating them.

And work on the shape.

This is just a small part of that island.

Haha that comment rocked! Still you need more tufts. & sort of dislike the shape as well, might want to work on that! The nature gives me the feeling of being squared, no idea why, might be the bushes north on the pic which are drawn like a line x----x-x--xx.

What do you mean by that hokai?
@ siegh, from you I need to fix my shape, but from kokoko it's better than my last one :s but i'll see what I can do

Don't think I can explain myself further. :) And by the comment part I felt it was quite ironic, even though it's a small piece of a bigger one, you need more tufts. With the nature part I meant you need to randomize the positioning a bit more. Anyhow, potential! Keep going. :)

He means that he thinks the nature is poorly structured. I know nature aint supposed to be "Structured", but this nature looks really like it has been planted there.
The bushes to the north of the picture looks really like a line of planted bushes. Use more bushes! If you know what I mean?

However, I can't really say that I like the piece. But you have potential if you continue mapping. I can probably give you a few tips over Msn sometime.
When we get to the grass tufts, don't be afraid to use many of these, they make the nature look more realistic, since they didn't have lawn mowers back in this time.

About that swamp...
I would actually remove the swamp and make a small mountain there. IMO swamps are supposed to be much bigger.

Anyways, talk more on Msn tomorrow or something.

//Neon

Well, yes, on my opinion, swamps sharing borders with rivers or sea looks bad... their borders simply dont fit. I dont have any problem with it being CLOSE, but not adjacent.

@Zatjin: It should be better than your last one wich I havent seen, but still have room for a lot of improvement.

i dont like the grass and i dont feel good that the swamp is so close to water yea it should be a part away.
:p
please some tufts!

Aight ! More tufts, and I'll remove the swamp and exchange it with a mountain ;)

You should realy work on your nature
start with simple nature, nothing special.
try a 1 tree forest and try to put them in a sexy way

After all help I've been trying to give you... still you haven't learned anything?

Instead of making an island make bigger parts out of big squares of grassland. It worked for me well and it would help you aswell.

Needed improvements:
-Grass Tufts
-Proper Bordering
-Choose Your Items Wisely

If you create a island that small theres no need of that much things in it! A swamp spot, some trees and some stones, too much items used for that little space.

Kroax

quite rpg'ish and simple, I like it :D I just don't like the lava, I doubt that little stone wall can hold something that hot.

@Prest.
Yeah, I tried different things, but that's the only thing that worked as for me.
Thanks though ;)
@Illusion
Thanks ;)

Back