• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Zenith - A new type of Oldschool

Making mixing different class items inefficient is a good direction, but the player shouldn't feel punished for choosing to play a mage. A better alternative is scaling from the stats (eg. knight spells scaling from skills/hp, knight spells being short range and costing %max mana, mage spells having huge base mana cost, ranged characters scaling with dist and dist items giving glass cannon stats, etc)
This is exactly what we've done :) the example I gave with Knight Armor was grossly oversimplified to get the point across. Also why I keep saying...you really can't cover it all here in forum comments haha

Last edited:
Pre alpha tester here, I will say I legit had a lot of fun playing through this. Loved having a fresh actual original map, and lots of the unique concepts didn't take away from the nostalgic original feel to the game. Deff gonna give it another go here when it comes up again.
Post automatically merged:

I meant the user experience rather than the balance itself. It's more exciting to see your character growing in power in specific direction (one item giving +x, another giving +y, be it base stats or effects) rather than bargaining and making tradeoffs (item gives x, but takes away y).

Making mixing different class items inefficient is a good direction, but the player shouldn't feel punished for choosing to play a mage. A better alternative could be scaling from the stats (eg. knight spells scaling from skills/hp, knight spells being short range and costing %max mana, mage spells having huge base mana cost, ranged characters scaling with dist and dist items giving glass cannon stats, etc).
This is totally exactly what the server is going for. In the early stages of testing I was constantly trying to find a strong balance of being a mage yet having high HP. It seems to be in a good place where if I have enough health to feel "safe" doing the hunt, my damage is really lacking due to the ML. As I got into more glass cannon, i could really amp up damage but hunt became way more risky. This caused me to have a lot of fun exploring all the gear options to optimize my char for each hunt. Made that part pretty fun.

Last edited:
That's a pity the starting exp rate is so high (40x) because the server sounded pretty good otherwise. Good luck with your project anyway!

That's a pity the starting exp rate is so high (40x) because the server sounded pretty good otherwise. Good luck with your project anyway!
i'm a little uneasy on that too but reserved judgement because it's a largely custom experience so the exp rate will not impact it in the same way as normal oldschool server that doesn't deviate much from rl.

Thank you for saying something, that was actually an error on my part! I've had a draft of this post saved for a long time and the rates actually changed during our alpha test...at some point during development it was 40 but we determined that was too high. I've corrected the original post so it has the right number. By level 9, the next tier hits and the rate is down to 15x, we really are just trying to get people out of the "rooker" phase and then things start leveling out.

Also @Wirox remember this is a beta...if the rates are too high...we can change it!

i'm a little uneasy on that too but reserved judgement because it's a largely custom experience so the exp rate will not impact it in the same way as normal oldschool server that doesn't deviate much from rl.
The starting rate is definitely not too high because of the custom rates. Exploring and leveling up on the starting island was a fun and balanced experienced... it didn't feel like an endless grind but also wasn't an instant process.

You should make a Discord group. Thats How many people follow the update of many Tibia servers :)

I played in the alpha and I have to say, this map is absolutely incredible. It's carefully crafted, with plenty of quests and secrets built right into it. It's a beautiful map overall. I also spent a lot of time talking with @Crevasse in discord and it's obvious that he really has built this server for the benefit of the community. He's very passionate about oldschool tibia and wants the server to stay around for good. Can't wait for for the beta to open.

How people dont get bored writing kilometers texts xD

Some generations that haven't given themselves ADD by looking at their phones and social media all day and are able to focus longer than the duration of your average tiktok

Though ill admit i did look at it, scrolled down and closed the tab to come back to it later :p Just trolling the forums at work.

Last edited:
Some generations that haven't given themselves ADD by looking at their phones and social media all day and are able to focus longer than the duration of your average tiktok

Though ill admit i did look at it, scrolled down and closed the tab to come back to it later :p Just trolling the forums at work.
Ahh ye thats why u wrote 2 sentences xD

Did you add stats to rings as well? Cause switching energy ring, time ring and switching ssa's might punish you in an unintended way.

Did you add stats to rings as well? Cause switching energy ring, time ring and switching ssa's might punish you in an unintended way.
Great question!

Items with time limits/charges such as rings and stone skin amulets have been modified to fit this style of play. Some have had the time limits removed, others have been reworked completely.
Post automatically merged:

Join us on discord! Join the Zenith OT Discord Server! (https://discord.gg/aEdHMQafBf)
pirateflag.png

Last edited:
Ahh ye thats why u wrote 2 sentences xD

What?

Well, I replied because I wanted to follow the thread, looks cool. I'm a fan of most retro style OTs, they resinate with me, haha.

I like the idea of the spell scrolls. My server has a custom rook, it uses spell scrolls on rook to learn different spells, just like very old tibia.

Also particularly imrpessed with all the item reworks to re-balance vocations based on item build instead of a specific class selection, very cool. The amount of time it must have taken... oof :p

Jealous of the mapping skills here, I'm more prodomenently a developer, the artsty design aspect that goes with mapping is not a strong skill I have, so the mapping is particularly impressive to me as well.

When can we play here?

I like the idea of the spell scrolls. My server has a custom rook, it uses spell scrolls on rook to learn different spells, just like very old tibia.

Also particularly imrpessed with all the item reworks to re-balance vocations based on item build instead of a specific class selection, very cool. The amount of time it must have taken... oof :p

Jealous of the mapping skills here, I'm more prodomenently a developer, the artsty design aspect that goes with mapping is not a strong skill I have, so the mapping is particularly impressive to me as well.

When can we play here?
I wish I had some of your coding skills! I've got no shortage of creative, artsy ideas for maps but I work as a sysadmin so while I'm familiar with the basics, I often struggle to get my code right.

The beta starts this Sunday (join the discord for real-time updates!) and after that runs for a long enough to work out remaining kinks/balance issues, the official launch will happen at the end of summer/beginning of fall.

Back