• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Znote's video tutorials for OT servers. [Updated 4th april].

Znote

<?php echo $title; ?>
Staff member
Global Moderator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
Znote
We start at the very basics.

View the videos in fullscreen + 720p (bad) or 1080p (good) quality. 360 or 480 is to crappy.

1st video: Start and run an OT server.
[video=youtube;Ukbc0BY8WS0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ukbc0BY8WS0[/video]

2nd video: Login to your OT server.
[video=youtube;kEKxtn-Ag5A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEKxtn-Ag5A[/video]

3rd video: Add website to your OT server.
[video=youtube;WGzjvJWeAik]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGzjvJWeAik[/video]

Last edited:
2nd video: login to your OT server added.

3rd video: Add website to your OT server added.

Suggestion for 4th video?

I'm an evil Chrome fan. :3

I had to make the 3rd video with a lousy itched heart. Had to resort to Gesior since there is no good websites for TFS 0.2 based distros.

It's much easier to earn when watching, instead of reading. Great job!

Cool tutorial's.

Suggestions:

4th - could be how to set up a multi-world system, properly... (server + AAC)
5th - how to set up the old school frag system on the latest TFS (source editions)
**If the 5th is too easy, just post it. You could then make a video of how to compile/host on Linux (MSVC/MinGW)

Good luck!

I think my 4th video will be a quick introduction to editing the map on the OT server.
And 5th video to fix better security.

And then 6th++ can be more advanced stuff like fixing action/movement scripts (interaction between map and scripts)

And then someplace some source code modifications. :p

Regarding the 3rd video, does that work for Aries 8.1 XML servers? cause I've tried Uniform before but never got it to work...I'm lousy with these things so I probably messed up..Just wanted to know if it works for this type of server beforehand so I won't have to spend another 24/7 trying to make the impossible happen.

Thank you in advance.

Regards
Angelus

Regarding the 3rd video, does that work for Aries 8.1 XML servers? cause I've tried Uniform before but never got it to work...I'm lousy with these things so I probably messed up..Just wanted to know if it works for this type of server beforehand so I won't have to spend another 24/7 trying to make the impossible happen.

Thank you in advance.

Regards
Angelus

I'm afraid not, you would have to do it yourself since it's an XML server, maybe Nicaw's XML version works.

as Korrex says, it does not work with Gesior Znote Edition, however with correct version of Nicaw it works. Installation and such are bit different on Nicaw tho. But it works on Uniform Server.

i just checked your tutorials on youtube man great work! respect man

Last edited:
Maybe a small video (How to install and add shop with paypall or daopay or something?
Cause i need it :D

Great work Znote!
But.. having some problems with the install of gesior aac.
I use uniform server+TFS 9.1...
When I get to step 3 in the install.php it says:
Can't connect to MySQL database.
Any idea?
Kind regards /Frank

Back