• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[8.60] The Forgotten Server 0.3.6 (Crying Damson) V8

Excuse me, I was browsing trough the config.lua and in the Spells section there are 2 values setted this way:

Code:
formulaLevel = 5.0
formulaMagic = 1.0
How does that exactly works..For what I can see level is the most important factor for spells damage. I am mistaken? What will happen if I change it like this:
Code:
formulaLevel = 1.0
formulaMagic = 5.0

..Will it count magic damage as the most important factor?

formulaLevel=5.0 level multiplied by formula
formulaMagic=1.0 the multiplier of each spell formula xD

Hey I downloaded the link but in the folder there is no .exe application or .dll files can you post a link in which I can download those files from? Thanks :)

I keep getting this error trying to start the server after importing the mysql.sql file into myphpadmin. Some advice?

In config.lua change "localhost" to "127.0.0.1"

Yea, I did manage to solve it by changing the localhost in config.lua. But i have a new problem, all i can see from the world in remer's map editor is this http://3.ii.gl/fG35-Rdd.png
I dont have any towns and when trying to add thais for an example "Thais Temple: 32369,32241,7 Town ID 5" it comes up as an error, The town Thais Temple has an invalid temple position? Does anyone know what the problem might be here and why i dont have any towns in the world?

Go to Map, Edit Towns to see the temple positions of towns. With Edit, Goto Position you can go to that position.

Go to Map, Edit Towns to see the temple positions of towns. With Edit, Goto Position you can go to that position.

I've already tried that but i dont seem to have any towns in CTRL+T, its all empty and i cant seem to add any town either

If that is the only thing in the map, you can also just use an other map or a new map.

Can anyone confirm this is a stable 8.6 server?

It is stable to some extent. If you want something more stable with protocol 8.60 you should look at TFS 0.4 or 0.3.7 rev on the premium board.

Sorry for the revive but.. how do you compile this?
I'm following some tutorials but when I try to compile it it says "Cannot create file (...) theforgottenserver_private.h".
Is this private in any way I'm not aware? I'm sorry if it is a stupid question, I'm kind of new to this.

Tagging @dominique120 because he seems to know what he's doing (nice TFS 1.0 tutorial btw)

Sorry for the revive but.. how do you compile this?
I'm following some tutorials but when I try to compile it it says "Cannot create file (...) theforgottenserver_private.h".
Is this private in any way I'm not aware? I'm sorry if it is a stupid question, I'm kind of new to this.

Tagging @dominique120 because he seems to know what he's doing (nice TFS 1.0 tutorial btw)

Since I can't edit I'll just tag myself. It seems to work If I delete the file, no idea what is happening haha (is that a file that is created everytime when I try to compile?).

Also, it says now:
"145 F:\OtserverOdD\COISASRANDOM\cryingdamson 0.3.6 (8.60) V8.2 Source\cryingdamson 0.3.6 (8.60) V8.2 Source - Copy\connection.h ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'asio' with no type"

Can anyone help? Sorry for the trouble.

Since I can't edit I'll just tag myself. It seems to work If I delete the file, no idea what is happening haha (is that a file that is created everytime when I try to compile?).

Also, it says now:
"145 F:\OtserverOdD\COISASRANDOM\cryingdamson 0.3.6 (8.60) V8.2 Source\cryingdamson 0.3.6 (8.60) V8.2 Source - Copy\connection.h ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'asio' with no type"

Can anyone help? Sorry for the trouble.

Try following this tutorial

http://otland.net/threads/compiling-windows-how-to-set-up-a-compiler-noob-friendly-tutorial.193878/

Back