• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

A Big Fuck You Otland and its nitwit community of leechers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold on here @Codinablack. Have you actually read the posts on this thread? Or how about Breed's posts that he has been posting for the last few weeks?

Most of the posts on this threads aren't even bashing Breed. They simply state problems they have had with this person.

Breed has been the cause of MUCH greif and problems since he came into OTLand, I even tried to take him aside and tell him he needs to be more calm and patient because this is the internet, not everyone is going to care about what he says, and the people who will help maybe take a few days or even a week before they log in and help you.

He wouldn't listen to reason, he argued with me for hours until I finally ignored him.
There is nothing wrong with pointing out someone is a problem. It is simply a fact, and yes you may feel sorry for him, but he caused all of this himself. If you go around treating every person you meet like total shit, and then suddenly get mad that no one is helping you, that isn't OTLand's fault, that is all Breed's fault.

I understand exactly what you mean, same thing with what I posted on the other thread that @owned is referring to, with another member... But again, I'm not defending breed, my point is people need to stop with this bullshit, he isn't excluded, that goes for everyone, this site is being filled up with bullshit posts everyday....

As for this not being a bash thread, maybe not everyone but here are a couple examples

breed is a retardet kid
Lol, this kid once told me that he could help me with my server with balancing, so I added his skype and all. Then he tries to call me and ask why the hell I added him. Lmao. Funny guy.

I guess Breed is german
angry-german-kid-o.gif

I understand exactly what you mean, same thing with what I posted on the other thread that @owned is referring to, with another member... But again, I'm not defending breed, my point is people need to stop with this bullshit, he isn't excluded, that goes for everyone, this site is being filled up with bullshit posts everyday....

As for this not being a bash thread, maybe not everyone but here are a couple examples
dude shut up stop acting like jesus, i had a reason to write like this just schhhh

Community was just fine without @Breed, I don't think not having him around is going to be an issue.

dude shut up stop acting like jesus, i had a reason to write like this just schhhh

Again, back to childish'ness, people intentionally trying to start a fight... why? This is the kind of self-destructive behavior exhibited all the time on this forums site that I am speaking of...

I'm not jesus, I'm not a kid, and I don't talk shit over the internet... nuff said....

Again, back to childish'ness, people intentionally trying to start a fight... why? This is the kind of self-destructive behavior exhibited all the time on this forums site that I am speaking of...

I'm not jesus, I'm not a kid, and I don't talk shit over the internet... nuff said....
You already started it you fuckin' moron as I quoted previously.

This community is shit.
It's gotten worse over the years, but right now, it's the lowest it has been.
It's simple really, dont like it - leave.

This goes for you aswell.

I guess Breed is german
angry-german-kid-o.gif
What is this supposed to mean, Sir? I am german myself and I am well aware of what we did wrong in history but I feel myself a bit insulted here.
Regards,
Damon

Okay, and now ?
Seriously why usefull threards don't get "this feedback" :)

What is this supposed to mean, Sir? I am german myself and I am well aware of what we did wrong in history but I feel myself a bit insulted here.
Regards,
Damon
Has nothing to do with the wrong done in the past, but more towards the rage that I personally have seen quite a bit from Germans. However, yea that post was kinda uncalled for I agree.

I'm unsure if Breed is banned or not? I assume 24 hours for the short outburst?
Either way I think when players sign-up on this forum there is so much 'stuff' lying around they really get overwhelmed when they attempt to search for anything.
I think a consolidated thread of standard tutorials would be a good thing to shove at most people.
After a user has more then 1000 posts an 'advanced' tab should be available in the support tab, Just so the harder problems can be handled by more experienced users, and more easily located.
As for the community bashing, whether at direct users, or among all of us, I have little to say.
It's hard to really judge a community based on what they post in the couple of forums I actually frequent, which is primarily the request and support board.
For the most part people either help you, or help you help yourself.
I myself get frustrated when people post the same, or nearly the same problem week after week, however the easier questions do tend to be gotten to first, as clearing away the 'little stuff' usually tends to grow the community and entice them to help out later.

As for making support threads, Unless you post during active times, I don't expect a reply for a minimum of 4 hours, and as someone said earlier in this thread, it really is community driven. However it can be frustrating for most people having to 'wait' for reply's.. but really they should be more patient. We can't answer all questions, or look at every thread as they come. I know some user's are on here close to 14 hours a day.. I'm lucky if I spend an hour on here a day.

Anywho,

@Breed Just take some time to think and come back in a couple days.
Helping others takes time, and helping yourself takes even longer.

Xikini

Oh well, seems like no real insult was intended then :) Sorry bout that then^^

I'm unsure if Breed is banned or not? I assume 24 hours for the short outburst?
Either way I think when players sign-up on this forum there is so much 'stuff' lying around they really get overwhelmed when they attempt to search for anything.
I think a consolidated thread of standard tutorials would be a good thing to shove at most people.
After a user has more then 1000 posts an 'advanced' tab should be available in the support tab, Just so the harder problems can be handled by more experienced users, and more easily located.
As for the community bashing, whether at direct users, or among all of us, I have little to say.
It's hard to really judge a community based on what they post in the couple of forums I actually frequent, which is primarily the request and support board.
For the most part people either help you, or help you help yourself.
I myself get frustrated when people post the same, or nearly the same problem week after week, however the easier questions do tend to be gotten to first, as clearing away the 'little stuff' usually tends to grow the community and entice them to help out later.

As for making support threads, Unless you post during active times, I don't expect a reply for a minimum of 4 hours, and as someone said earlier in this thread, it really is community driven. However it can be frustrating for most people having to 'wait' for reply's.. but really they should be more patient. We can't answer all questions, or look at every thread as they come. I know some user's are on here close to 14 hours a day.. I'm lucky if I spend an hour on here a day.

Anywho,

@Breed Just take some time to think and come back in a couple days.
Helping others takes time, and helping yourself takes even longer.

Xikini
You have some good ideas there mate. I acctually planned on making a OT-Wiki some months ago but I got stuck because of my lack of knowledge when it comes to scripts/mapping etc. as I really can only teach the basics.

This community is shit.
It's gotten worse over the years, but right now, it's the lowest it has been.

I'm very tired of people who complain on the development of the community. Feel free to leave anytime you want if its so bad, or maybe you even could post something constructive? Not only refering to you, but to everyone who is complaining.

Regards,
Damon

This is like calling out illuminati from a map showoff picture, I'm just gonna write I don't even here.

If someone makes a post called
You invite a lot of backlash. You can't then come onto this thread and say "hey, guys, be nice to this person."

Also I take great offense to "The OTLand community is bad and worse than it has ever been."

First of all, I help basically everyone, even the shitheads, the people that don't speak english and you can bearly understand what they want, people that PM me, people that post in the wrong forum, people that DONT EVEN TRY to make scripts themselves and just ask other people to do it, I go out of my way to help everyone, and I know a lot of other people here that do as well.

I believe the quality of help here is better than it has ever been (maybe not the quantity of people, but the quality of helpers is really high right now)

There are more people making tools, it is easier now than it has ever been to make an OTServer and even TFS 1.1 coming up has a ton of requests pouring into it that are being answered by Mark (which to me is surprising because I originally thought he only cared about Shadowcores, but he has proven me wrong)

OTLand is fine, if you have suggestions of how it could be better, make a thread, do some work yourself for once. Otherwise, stop complaining.
I have never seen one of the people that actually go around helping people, complain about the OTLand community, it's almost always the people that do nothing but complain. Thats just their job, the professional pessimists.

You invite a lot of backlash. You can't then come onto this thread and say "hey, guys, be nice to this person."

Also I take great offense to "The OTLand community is bad and worse than it has ever been."

First of all, I help basically everyone, even the shitheads, the people that don't speak english and you can bearly understand what they want, people that PM me, people that post in the wrong forum, people that DONT EVEN TRY to make scripts themselves and just ask other people to do it, I go out of my way to help everyone, and I know a lot of other people here that do as well.

I believe the quality of help here is better than it has ever been (maybe not the quantity of people, but the quality of helpers is really high right now)

There are more people making tools, it is easier now than it has ever been to make an OTServer and even TFS 1.1 coming up has a ton of requests pouring into it that are being answered by Mark (which to me is surprising because I originally thought he only cared about Shadowcores, but he has proven me wrong)

OTLand is fine, if you have suggestions of how it could be better, make a thread, do some work yourself for once. Otherwise, stop complaining.
I have never seen one of the people that actually go around helping people, complain about the OTLand community, it's almost always the people that do nothing but complain. Thats just their job, the professional pessimists.

I love this post.

flat for president!

I still want to know why your eating a carrot. :p

While we're on it: Well fuck you then. Having the guts to blame the staff members, who made this community possible and releasing such an awesome open-source server for tibia, totally for free, just because you can't do shit yourself. Learn to do shit yourself and don't blame others for your own incompetence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom