• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

A little questions ;)

Which number you choose?

• Total voters

Jazper

Reaction score
Hiho! I wanna ask u about smth. I creating OTS 8.6 (Evo map) and i`ve got few ideas. Tell me.. is it good or nope and why? :) Thank you in advance ;)

1*Way to monsters + TP room + Boat
2*Way to monsters without Tp room (few places - boat)
3*Way to monsters + Tp room and without quest room ;) (mean hidden quests)
4*Way to monsters without Tp room and quest room ;)

It won`t be rpg server, but i think its good idea for great fun ;) pk etc.
Its smth other than all servers, when u ll only create character, then exp (bot) and at the end only fight per few days and thats all ;) Server off :)

And second question.
What do you think about new tibia version? ;) About new client ? ;)

btw. I looking for a mapper ;)

Better use a higher client version like 10.41, there are already alot of servers for client version 8.6.

You can make spawns easy to find instead of making a tp room, like in the city underground, on and in a mountain around the city and like you posted travel with a boat to other places.
If you make it all close to eachother it will have a similar idea as a tp room but then it's still 1 world and not separate places people can only go with a tp. This is also better for war since it would be more easy to find people.

Last edited:
So u think 10.41 gonna be better than 8.6? ;)
At 8.6 we may find a lot of servers but if ur server is good, people should choose urs ;) or nope? :d

10.41 - pluses and minuses ? :)

You can't use animated text for letters in 9.1+ clients, but other than that, basicly everything 8.6 has but then more, like sprites, mounts etc.

As @Limos said use 10.41.
TFS 1.0 is the future, do not stick to the ElfBot client.

I would go for a map without teleport rooms/quest rooms it would offer a more RPG and an open world.

As you are not seeming to have a huge knowledge about any further clients(if even 8.6) my suggestion is keep it simple unless you plan on spending endless hours into 10+ client. I pref 8.6 to develop with. never been a mountfan so i dont give a huge fk abotu them. beside this 10.41 sprites are beautiful, as this doesnt really matter in a evolution server(?does it?) and then 8.6 is a playermagnet as they know uh even if its boring ill use my elfbot. but yeh the other 2 guys above me a right. if you want it to be longlasting and enjoyable + fairplay go for 10.41. eventho I never understood how people consider it fair play, as people still bot, just not all of them, only the ones who buiy a bot c:

is there some sort of a list with client features? i want to choose the client i want to develop my server but i dont know anything about them. i'm using 9.86 right now how can i change it?

As @Limos said use 10.41.
TFS 1.0 is the future, do not stick to the ElfBot client.

I would go for a map without teleport rooms/quest rooms it would offer a more RPG and an open world.

Okay ;) i saw new tfs, but ive got few problems with my map. Fex. How to convert it from 8,6 to 10,41. After rme installation ive got the bug (no library), when i downloaded it, program crashed.. and next bug.
We`ll see ;)

I agree with u Elfbot is like an nightmare for small servers or rpg ;)

So what do u think about exp stages?

@Blazed Druid
I think 8,6 gonna be so hard to start with new servers :), ppl wanna go to few normal places where they played before ;) nope smth new ;) and if it ll be 8,6 they wanna tps to exp to questes, to depos to temple etc..

@sokku
U have to download a new rme in otland download and convert it but ive got problems with it2

You should use exp stages, without them after a few months there will be to much difference between new players and old players.

If you have problems with servers or remere, you can make a thread here: http://otland.net/forums/support.16/ and give a detailed description of the problem, errors, screenshots etc.

Okay ;) i saw new tfs, but ive got few problems with my map. Fex. How to convert it from 8,6 to 10,41. After rme installation ive got the bug (no library), when i downloaded it, program crashed.. and next bug.
We`ll see ;)

I agree with u Elfbot is like an nightmare for small servers or rpg ;)

So what do u think about exp stages?

@Blazed Druid
I think 8,6 gonna be so hard to start with new servers :), ppl wanna go to few normal places where they played before ;) nope smth new ;) and if it ll be 8,6 they wanna tps to exp to questes, to depos to temple etc..

@sokku
U have to download a new rme in otland download and convert it but ive got problems with it2
lol. I made 7 8.6 servers in my history of development and each server was on with 200~ people. good luck anyways.

It is better to make Tp rooms plus some hidden hunts in map also quests as u can add some of them with tp and some is hidden ( this will make your ot better and you will have players who love tps and players who like to explore and find more secrets of your ot ).

About client version : i think you should use 8.6 client because 10.41 still not popular for many people who play ots like evo .. maybe u can use 10.41 if a real map .. also you should take a look to otservlist and check which ots people like more .

Check cyntara.org ( 10.41 evo ) max was 200+ and daily like 40 or 50+ .. i think 10.41 not suitable for something like evo. But always must be a unique cases if your ot is a special one with nice features so will be best 10.41 evo.

Back