• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[IDEA] Card system (increase your stats)

Onimusha

Advanced OT User
Reaction score
GitHub
all
Hello everyone, a few days ago I was thinking about how to enhance and improve the battle experience within Tibia. We know that the game is very old and for a long time we didn't have a wide variation of attributes and stats. That's why I came up with a card system, where each card will bring new stats to the player, ranging from improving their attack to enhancing their defense.

And why cards? I wanted something that was simple to understand and intuitive. I see many complex systems out there that don't appeal to me. I believe cards are a very friendly object for many of us, as they have various references from our childhood like Yu-Gi-Oh!, Magic, or classic playing cards.

To avoid being the same, I also imagined bringing a way to identify which cards are better than others. That's why I thought of a tier list system, which could be:

• Iron
  • Bronze
  • Silver
  • Gold
  • Platinum
  • Emerald
  • Ruby
  • Diamond
  • Demigod
  • God
To obtain the cards, the idea is that they can be dropped by killing a certain number of monsters, based on the difficulty of the monster and the rarity of the card.

Feel free to bring your opinion.

Sketch Image:

FIXING: the first line is the cards where you are using in current time, I missed to change the label.
card-system.png

the beauty of tibia is in its simplicity, I think it unnecessarily complicates the scheme without introducing mechanics that are enjoyable in themselves.

The idea itself is quite unique to Tibia. I don't think the system would be that complicated to the average player as it looks extremely straight forward.
Keep it up! :)

Looks great and I like a lot the concept, but it would be a different entire game than tibia

Reminds me a little bit of ragnarok. Good idea, lots of work to be done properly.

Reminds me a little bit of ragnarok. Good idea, lots of work to be done properly.

Lol I was thinking the same thing. @Onimusha you should look into how that game did it, it might give you an idea or two.

Back