• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

AntiBot Methods?

Candlejack

Don't hug me I'm scared
Reaction score
Well, I'm working on a server and wanted to discuss anti bot methods. Is there any 'good' methods to stop people from using aim bots and auto healing bots? What steps have you taken in your own server to stop hackers?

Also, would making a custom client help? I was looking at ways to reverse engineer a Tibia client to make it automatically use your IP without needing an IP Changer. Could you use a method in your reverse engineered Tibia Client to make a bot not work on that client?

What are your thoughts?

first step - stop using 8.6, that said, no, there is not really any way to prevent bots, look at cipsoft xD

All clients have bots though. I actually feel like if I did some editing to a client and only used that client to connect to the server it would stop the majority of botters.
People would need to create their own bot just for that OT Client. Which would stop 90% of people who want to bot.

Heck, I think just using an editor to change the clients name would make some inferior bots glitch out.

Just lightly scouring the forums someone suggested doing this to a client:
1 - Change RSA Key
2 - Change Protocol Version
3 - Change Port Connection
4 - Change Client Title

Use OLLYDBG!

most 7.4/7.7 servers has edited their clients so that none of the existing bots works however its just a matter of days/hours and ppl with experience has made some bot work with their clients again. and thats with advanced clients with new rsa, protocol, oopcode etc. and ppl can edit otclient to connect too even if u changed all that stuff

but yes it can prevent most of the players from botting but its still going to be possible for those who rly wants to bot

Also TibiaClass if you change tibiaclass elfbot is useless. there are no sources around for elfbot so.. no bots cannot be injecting.

Also TibiaClass if you change tibiaclass elfbot is useless. there are no sources around for elfbot so.. no bots cannot be injecting.
You can just edit elfbot in the same way you edited the tibiaclient, or just edit tibiaclient back to the original one

Depending on the version you chose for your server you should indentify which bots are used by the players and try to counter their weaknesses.
Either use mechanisms that reward fair players because they cannot use it, bots might not be able to answer modal dialogs etc.

Which version are you planning to use?

Isn't Otclient pretty bot secure?
Correct me if im wrong

You cannot stop people from using Bots, or MCs.

You can only make it as difficult as possible so most people will be discouraged from doing so.

There's all kind of methods; some better than others.
You do need to keep in mind that even if you manage to stop most botters, if the server is big enough people will eventually find ways to bypass it.
If a server only has like 20 players then no one will bother going through the trouble.

Deathzot has some good examples to prevent botters.
  • Orbs that randomly fall on the ground in which you have to stand or stare at for a few seconds to obtain it.
  • Depending on what activity you're doing, sometimes you'll get teleported to a room with 4 elemental orbs scattered around and you have to carry the orb to the coreresponding shrine.
There are other ways as well:
  • Make it so at random intervals players will have to type a random message or stand still for an x amount of seconds. (seen this on many servers, but most players complain it's annoying...)
  • Create a type of gameplay in which botting will be dificult or bring little too no advantage.
Perhaps instead of making methods to prevent botting, why not try to make manually playing a million times better. For example on Deathzot you are able to bot as much as you want the owners didn't bother trying to prevent botters because they knew that people would bot regardless of what they implemented. Instead of prevent botting they made advantages to manually playing (e.g orbs, chests, ubers). Of course it was only a matter of time before the skilled scripters wrote scripts to bot those...... but my point still stands.

The reason people bot is mostly because what they have to do is long, boring, and tedious. They'll set up the bot to do it for them until they are able to do something exciting like a new quest, explore a new area, use a new weapon, etc.... then back to botting they go. Obviously if you have tasks to kill like 500 dragons people will bot because no one wants to manually hunt 500 dragons. My point is that if a server is filled with boring, repetitive tasks; you just do the same things over and over again people will bot. The more options and possiblites you have the better.

I have a huge hatred for botters but there's not much to be done about it, espesially when 80% of the community uses a bot of some sort.

Back