• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Any server that isn't defined by grinding.

filipus

Reaction score
No Narutos/Pokémon or 100% War servers please.

I was trying to make a otserver like 2 months ago and it actually going fine but... I realised that Tibia is a grinding game... And I personally hate those kinds of games nowadays. So I stopped.

I was thinking, have you guys ever seen a good tibia server that wasn't defined by the grinding? Because it seems the whole foundation of the game is based.

Karamy-war.com open
24.05.2014r (SATURDAY) at 14:00 pm.

The server are nice, and the first day when it start i think it will get around 1500-2000 players...

Karamy-war.com open

The server are nice, and the first day when it start i think it will get around 1500-2000 players...
indeed, it is so great that will get more players than a single cipsoft's server........................................................................... no.

i swear in first day it will get that players.... around 1000-2000 the max was around 2800 or something in first day :D Bcs shadowcores was down for a bit.

No Narutos/Pokémon or 100% War servers please.

I was trying to make a otserver like 2 months ago and it actually going fine but... I realised that Tibia is a grinding game... And I personally hate those kinds of games nowadays. So I stopped.

I was thinking, have you guys ever seen a good tibia server that wasn't defined by the grinding? Because it seems the whole foundation of the game is based.

Grinding is basically doing the same content more than once. people play most MMOs for hours a day, it is basically impossible to make it so every day, you experience new content.

Yea, that is what I kind of found out. And the problem is that that genre is dying.
Are you new to gaming? MMOs are not dying, and every mmo is based around grinding. This is what keeps the game alive for years rather than days (like single player rpgs).
Some MMOs have a different type of grinding, but grinding 5000 quests, 5000 monsters, or 5000 dungeons, at the end of the day its still grinding.

But to answer your topic question, at least people are finally starting to add minigame type stuff to servers now. We saw mining systems in late 7.6, zombie events later on in like 8.1, but its just recently becoming more of a standard to have some sort of minigame in your server. Hopefully the next generation of servers coming out will include tons of new events/quests/stuff that gives people something to do other than right-click kill monsters.

Are you new to gaming? MMOs are not dying, and every mmo is based around grinding. This is what keeps the game alive for years rather than days (like single player rpgs).
Some MMOs have a different type of grinding, but grinding 5000 quests, 5000 monsters, or 5000 dungeons, at the end of the day its still grinding.

But to answer your topic question, at least people are finally starting to add minigame type stuff to servers now. We saw mining systems in late 7.6, zombie events later on in like 8.1, but its just recently becoming more of a standard to have some sort of minigame in your server. Hopefully the next generation of servers coming out will include tons of new events/quests/stuff that gives people something to do other than right-click kill monsters.

I think what is needed is randomization.
Would be nice to have randomized spawns, or quests that re-arrange themselves. So when you are doing it for the 50923471 time it isn't the EXACT same thing.

I think what is needed is randomization.
Would be nice to have randomized spawns, or quests that re-arrange themselves. So when you are doing it for the 50923471 time it isn't the EXACT same thing.
Yes but even diablo and poe were extremely randomized and still felt like a grind. Its when you do the same thing non stop. A game needs different things to do, things that are fun for the player but also move them closer to their goal whether it be (depending on the game) level cap, higher level, better gear, ect...

Example:
Tibia has a soccer ball, but there is no reason to play soccer unless you are bored. So make a "guild system" but a soccer team, give prizes at the end of a season, trophys to the winning teams, and item/exp prizes as well.
Then the average player thinks, well today I could go hunt 500 demons, or todays soccer match grand prize is a magic plate armor and 2,000,000 exp. I kinda wanna play soccer instead!

In the end, something just needs to break the monotony. WoW had trade skills, battlegrounds. Runescape had minigames like castle wars and mobilizing armies, final fantasy 10 (i know single player) had blitz ball. But tibia has nothing... A few interesting quests here and there (at higher level), but nothing special, and that's what it really needs!

But tibia does have a feature that is excellent, and that is the PVP. I don't really think modern tibia PVP requires skills since they introduced item hotkeys but pre 7.7 it did. The main problem is that even the PVP is defined by how strong you are, and how strong you are is defined by the boring task of grinding for hours and hours.

So my main point is, is there any server that offers any kind of progression without relying on grinding? Because PVP only is boring, and progression only is also boring. You need to combine both.

Karamy-war.com open

Well its at 100 atm lol.

I agree with Xaguls views on this. The genre is not dying out as Xagul said, Tibia yes it is dying out. But we still have some really talented people on this forum and in the tibia community. Honestly I don't think it will completely die out. There will always be your die hard fans. Ive been playing this game since I was a little kid. lol. And Im just about done with college now. I've gotten many friends addicted to this as well, but with all the newer games, I think I have 2-3 real friends that still play. Ill be around as long as its around/im around haha. Like atm im not playing a server but ive been working on one til deathz comes out friday. Anywho take care. And @Xagul I sware i'm not stalking your post haha. I went thought like 5 pages of support forum lol.

Well its at 100 atm lol.

I agree with Xaguls views on this. The genre is not dying out as Xagul said, Tibia yes it is dying out. But we still have some really talented people on this forum and in the tibia community. Honestly I don't think it will completely die out. There will always be your die hard fans. Ive been playing this game since I was a little kid. lol. And Im just about done with college now. I've gotten many friends addicted to this as well, but with all the newer games, I think I have 2-3 real friends that still play. Ill be around as long as its around/im around haha. Like atm im not playing a server but ive been working on one til deathz comes out friday. Anywho take care. And @Xagul I sware i'm not stalking your post haha. I went thought like 5 pages of support forum lol.

Do you even read what i told him?

Not Today (27.05.2014)

Idiot!!!

Back