• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Buy And Sell Character System?

Should This System Be Implemented?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So will this system be implemented.. We the community want to know.

I want to first address the selling of inactive accounts/characters idea:
I quit for a little less than 4 months and came back, happy to see my characters still alive and well. If I had not, I would probably not have started playing again. I don't want to go into more arguments against this idea because I frankly don't think many would support it.

On the allowing selling/buying of characters idea:
Your first argument is definitely invalid. You should not argue for legalizing just because people are still breaking the law. You have to present good and valid arguments for legalization (and in this case a safe system).

In my opinion what the owners will earn on the changes are irrelevant, at least until these additional earnings are necessary for the further development of the server. Instead I like to focus on how this affects our game experience. I am generally opposed to this idea because of the following reasons:
1. A character in a role-playing universe should be a person. If a character just suddenly changes owner all the people with relations to the character will lose those relations. I wouldn't be able to label anyone as a scammer, or trustworthy because they could change owner at any time.

2. With the ability to buy someones level 300 Elite Knight you get level 300s who have no idea how the status of the server is. When recruiting people to guilds, parties etc you wouldn't know if they actually had those 300 levels of experience or not. And yes, I can see a lot of you thinking that botters also lack this experience, but as you know afk botting is not allowed and also finding places to bot and surviving sneak attacks is part of this experience.

3. It will open up a business for botting up characters just to sell them. Especially MC-botting would probably sky-rocket as a result of such an update. And hunting places would be even more crowded which I know a lot of you guys don't want.

4. If all these 3 arguments are valid and true the game experience (at least for me) would be much less enjoyable. The players would feel mostly artificial, without any care of what happens to a character (selling is easy and buying is easy so why not switch if things go wrong?). People with the most powerful bots and luck (assuming they don't get caught botting) will have the most money. And a couple of hours of the developers valuable time would be wasted on a not needed feature.

TL;DR: I vote no to this idea.

Why are the negative people bringing up false arguements? No1 said anything about that inactive shit. The fact is everyone already bots 2-3 characters already. This server is also made up by manual players. That's why I'm saying it should be a max amount of chars that are sold

How are my arguments false? Yes, they are assumptions, but they are rather logical from my point of view. If you feel differently then I welcome you to try enlighten me. And just because nobody mentioned something doesn't mean the arguments addressing unmentioned problems are invalid. My argument wasn't that people don't bot now and they would with this system implemented, it was that the botting activity would increase. Now this is something I assume and don't know for a fact, but as far as I can see it's a quite logical consequence.

Salar, the max sold/bought system would be impossible to enforce. People have multiple accounts, some got over 20 different accounts. And enforcing it on different IP-addresses is also not effective as people can easily use proxies or change IPs.

Thing is people are already DOING THIS SOFI. I know people who already bot like 3-4 chars and they sell them for rl cash or hell ingame cash im saying they implement the system to make it legal as it already was BEFORE.
Sofi

Nie Znam.

Sure there are people doing it now, but they are doing it illegaly and without any safety-net. They could scam/be scammed at any time, or banned/deleted. If we implement this idea then there won't just be a few doing it, almost everybody will be doing it. Which means more botters.

There wont be any new botters because "EVERY1 ALREADY BOTS A CHAR OR TWO" capish?

How can you be so certain? And yeah, most people probably bot 1 character sometimes, but if they could get money for it they will probably bot 3 characters all the time, switching between them when low stamina. Some already does this, but definitely not everybody, and I think those numbers would increase with this implemented.

How can you be so certain? And yeah, most people probably bot 1 character sometimes, but if they could get money for it they will probably bot 3 characters all the time, switching between them when low stamina. Some already does this, but definitely not everybody, and I think those numbers would increase with this implemented.

Im so fucking certain because i know the people who do this already. They get money from selling chars. No1 really cares about stamina they go right to the end if they have a goal level.

Yeah you know people who do this already, but that doesn't mean everybody does it. And no, everybody doesn't do it. My assumption is that almost everybody will do it if this is implemented.

Yeah you know people who do this already, but that doesn't mean everybody does it. And no, everybody doesn't do it. My assumption is that almost everybody will do it if this is implemented.

So who ate u again? And how long u been here before?

I started in February 2013, and quit after 1.5 months, and came back in the beginning of August and have been here since.

I started march 2012. When the ot first started.

ShadowCores started 11th May 2012, and I don't see how questioning someones join date is relevant here. Sofi brought up some good points, and another reason why this isn't going to happen is because it would allow hackers to steal characters by "selling" them to their own accounts (it's not impossible for the hacker to access the victims e-mail address). Your anecdotal arguments aren't going to make this happen.

ShadowCores started 11th May 2012, and I don't see how questioning someones join date is relevant here. Sofi brought up some good points, and another reason why this isn't going to happen is because it would allow hackers to steal characters by "selling" them to their own accounts (it's not impossible for the hacker to access the victims e-mail address). Your anecdotal arguments aren't going to make this happen.

Whether it was march or may It was so long ago that I don't remember. Check chi chi's old creation date that's my old char. Also why does it matter about these new arguements when the vote is clearly unanimous every1 has signed and the only one with negative comments is sofi which I don't know of who he or she is. And would it be hard to implement a week waiting period to activate the auction for ones character? The verification code they enter it in and in 1 week they can wait for.it to be auctioned or they can cancel if they changed their minds or if it was a hacker they can cancel also. As u say if u wanna. Ur email gets hacked contact ur email support. Ur arguements can be fixed it is possible. For once listen to the people its clear what they want.

Salar you are just a stupid faggot, you can't go over lvl 80 hm? So you want to buy a high lvl character ^^ It does not matter when you started to play, you are still an idiot and have no idea of anything. Get over it, this system won't be implented. Your arguments are bad dude, really bad, wanna have 4k BOTTERS on the OT? No, thanks, even if I don't play anymore = stupid idea.

@Sofi: I totally aggree
@Thread: non-sense, vote for no

It's funny because when I ran an online game if I only listened to the players the game would give millions to everyone, because some people just can't seem to be reasoned with.

Salar you are just a stupid faggot, you can't go over lvl 80 hm? So you want to buy a high lvl character ^^ It does not matter when you started to play, you are still an idiot and have no idea of anything. Get over it, this system won't be implented. Your arguments are bad dude, really bad, wanna have 4k BOTTERS on the OT? No, thanks, even if I don't play anymore = stupid idea.

@Sofi: I totally aggree
@Thread: non-sense, vote for no

I'm lvl 205 on shadows and 240 on lunar. I also have a 189 ed and 170 ek on shadows. I'm a stupid faggot? No, I'm not. My arguements are invalid? I don't know ask those 60 people. Also you agree on a subject matter that does not affect you. Kids these days next thing you know hitler number 2 comes back and u vote for.him. gg

Btw your telling me people don't bot right now? Look in advertising for 20 mins lets see how many people are selling there characters.

Back