• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

HesteN's mapping thread [The Scarlet Horn teaser]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say it looks good, not one of ur best works, but neather one of ur baddest works.
It's hard to make something really big, and still make everything look good.
Keep it up, Scarlet Horn! We expect alot from U guys!

Regards.

~Forgiveness~

vtg3G.png

~Can anything be forgiven?~

/Neon

@Wardawg:

I still like what You've done with it, but I must admit it looked better the way I did it (on the bridge anyway).
Not criticizing, just liked it more before :D

@Neon:

I like it, it's rather simple but still looks damn nice :D, good lighting (i play 0% ;D)

I'm sorry HesteN, but I'm leaving.

The project itself, is really great, and I enjoyed mapping along with you guys :)
But I think being in projects is not my thing, if you know what I'm saying.

But I will be on MSN HesteN, log in when you see this!

Hope you'll finish this project, DON'T LET IT DIE!
Also, you can keep my mapping :)!

Dude, why are you leaving?! You're f'cking insane! It'll be a huge loss, but the project will never die - I hope.

I'm sorry HesteN, but I'm leaving.

The project itself, is really great, and I enjoyed mapping along with you guys :)
But I think being in projects is not my thing, if you know what I'm saying.

But I will be on MSN HesteN, log in when you see this!

Hope you'll finish this project, DON'T LET IT DIE!
Also, you can keep my mapping :)!

Sad to hear this

And the project wont die!

Hello OTland!

First of I just want to explain why I've been away and let you all know that NO, this project is not dying.

I've just got a new job in stockholm, which is 2½ hours away from where I live usually, which means I had to move, and for now I've moved and live with my girl until I've gotten a place of my own, so I've been "moving" and working, the job I've got is really time consuming and living like I do now its a long pretty long drive to and from work everyday, and since the traffic in stockholm makes me want to shot myself, it consums pretty much all the time around the work (before and after..) So the weeks are pretty busy now, so no, I wont have as much time to map as I did before, but I am not quitting. I will map whenever I get time over, weekends and the days I got time over.

About Neon, thats really, really sad to hear.. Because he was a great addition to the team, and is now a big loss. I've talked it trough with him tho, and I understand he's decision, hopefully the rest of the team will be working twice as hard whenever they got time now, what do u guys say, huh?! xd

@ Neon's pics: I fukin looooooooooooooooooved the "nightmare" pic, its all awesome tho, gonna miss you in the team, mate!

@ Wardawg's pics: I think its great. I mean its really hard to decorate the outside of a castle alot, it really is, the things I would add/change if I were you would just be, add some moss on the walls, here and there, gonna give a little more color, and do some floor variations, you can use more then one floor :) its gonna be a huge diffrence mate. Other then that, I love it, great place to hunt :)

Last edited:
everything is falling apart?

1. why dont you just no cut off the parts of that map that isnt done and start it? its huge already

2. do you have any scripts? if not get a scripter asap ;)

3. no need to aim on the top, get the server running and improve from there, keep it upz!

1. If you really think its that easy and just "cut off some parts 'n start it" you really dont know anything about making an OT..

2. Yes.

3. Oh yes, the top is the only place for the server.

1. If you really think its that easy and just "cut off some parts 'n start it" you really dont know anything about making an OT..

2. Yes.

3. Oh yes, the top is the only place for the server.

1. if you find it easier to map an entire continent than cutting some pieces off and make em on hold, "then u dunt know shitz abut otz". <-- whats up with that attidute? im trying to help you guys out, becuse all the comments are like "wow!", some rough critism by someone who doubts that this project will come online, is just what you guys need imo

2. good, keep it up.

3. if your going to climb a huge mountain you always start from the bottom and go up slowly and safe, its a good way to do it. you cant expect this project to be on the top of servers just like that, if thats what you think than you already have failed :(!

anyway good luckz

Maybe they'll fly a plane and drop off at the top of the mountain and just chill up there

@topic: Mapping looks nice :p hope to play this sometime soon :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back