• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Important request.

Jgarder

Tprogramming Ex-Adm|n
Premium User
Reaction score
i have been watching the output to my router very carefully.. and when people are on their own hunting alone and noone can see them.. output is about 7kb/s.. but when about 5 people are all together attacking 1 monster.. (perhaps a training monk) this figure jumps up into about 20kb/s..

Why bring this up? and whats my point? well i would be able to have a much more steady consumption of my upstream and more predictable outcomes of events and hunting areas...

What Im looking for (the request)
I would like to see a config for having other see a players damage.. If im attacking a training monk.. why do i need to see everyones damage? i have the health bar of the monk.. i dont need all that spam in my screen.. sure it may look weird to new comers. but im sure after a while people would get more used to it.

(attacking a player)
perhaps if a player is being attacked.. the person giving the damage. and the person receiving it will see the damage.. but noone else..

Why do we need to see the damage of people? not even to confirm they are attacking.. because we can see the sparks.. poofs, wand animations.. Runes a flying and bolts a spraying.. no need for all these numbers spamming up the place :p

Last edited:
wondering if anyone cares.. or does everyone have a super awesome internet to output with?
lol

I think that removing the "hit damage" will not reduce the bandwidth usage. Because the players will continue receiving the damage, not the hit, but the % that reduced on the lifebar.

Otserv already uses little bandwidth :)

for me i think it is great idea, but it reduce lag if u got bad net like me :p but neither i wont use it if made.

You would only have to make it send to the player who hit the creature instead of the spectator list, however I doubt this will make as much difference as you expect it to unless you're running a fast attack server with like 30ms delay on the attacks and players all over the map.

In kb/sec,. my upstream is around 40kb/sec. And I kept 50 players without lagg, some lagg in pvp situations though...

You would only have to make it send to the player who hit the creature instead of the spectator list, however I doubt this will make as much difference as you expect it to unless you're running a fast attack server with like 30ms delay on the attacks and players all over the map.

something like fast attack

In kb/sec,. my upstream is around 40kb/sec. And I kept 50 players without lagg, some lagg in pvp situations though...

thats what im talking about mainly.. when u get a 12 on 12 situation during fast attacck.. people bolting and sding is alot of Damage.. think

For every person that attacks someone, thats 24 messages sent out (one for each person on a 12v 12 battle) So when you have everyone attacking.. the number substantially adds up..

Maybe you should add associated damage (like rl tibia) So if 20 or even 100 ppl will attack in same time there will be only one msg of damage with total number of dmg :)

Back