• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Middle-Earth

Here it is at last! The complete framework wall set!

xuZZygJ.png

I'm loving the progress!
I remember following this project before it died.. so glad to see it come back to life! :)

Regards,
Cody

Looking great, keep it up!

I recommend you to set a first goal and the complete that. Once that is complete you can either continue or start it, fix bugs and errors while also working on another part that will be in a later update.
Alot of people makes the misstake of trying to create a huge server, make it small and then update during the time. ;)
(Unless you're Necronian folks)

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

@EldinWorld I have a goal. The minimap I posted that was blurred, the part that isn't blurred is what I'll finish first :)

I've been a bit quiet lately but I just figured out (with the help of Mackan) how to make my own items in the dat file, so now I have a bit more freedom when I don't have to just replace sprites!

I also had to upgrade the map from 9.6 to 9.61. Doesn't look like much of a change but that means I have to replace all the sprites I've replaced again... Though now I've gotten the hang of it so everything comes automaticlly. :)

I have a question that I've been thinking about:
Should there be elves and dwarves as monsters?
I'm thinking that in the movies and books they're allies with men, and since there will be dwarf and elf NPC's it feels kinda odd that you would kill their kin.

I don't know which way to go with this issue, could work both ways in my mind, but I would like to hear some more opinions too.

@EldinWorld I have a goal. The minimap I posted that was blurred, the part that isn't blurred is what I'll finish first :)

I've been a bit quiet lately but I just figured out (with the help of Mackan) how to make my own items in the dat file, so now I have a bit more freedom when I don't have to just replace sprites!

I also had to upgrade the map from 9.6 to 9.61. Doesn't look like much of a change but that means I have to replace all the sprites I've replaced again... Though now I've gotten the hang of it so everything comes automaticlly. :)

I have a question that I've been thinking about:
Should there be elves and dwarves as monsters?
I'm thinking that in the movies and books they're allies with men, and since there will be dwarf and elf NPC's it feels kinda odd that you would kill their kin.

I don't know which way to go with this issue, could work both ways in my mind, but I would like to hear some more opinions too.
hmmm that is a tough one xD i guess you really have to stick to lotr lore and have them neutral .. perhaps elven/dwarven bandits that you can kill (although i'm not completely sure elves would get involved in such a thing >.>)

hmmm that is a tough one xD i guess you really have to stick to lotr lore and have them neutral .. perhaps elven/dwarven bandits that you can kill (although i'm not completely sure elves would get involved in such a thing >.>)

Yeah I came to think of that after I posted this too. It could work to have some demon worshiping elves or something. It feels so dumb to use orcs and goblins everywhere eventhough they're the primary enemies in the books and movies. :p

Hehe the roofs will be quite alot of work... xD
Currently I'm trying to randomize the new stone walls and made some smaller ones. I'm using them for a bigger castle/ruin so I need some broken ones and special ones too :)

I feel like it needs more details.
You can probably add torches, banners, etc on the walls, I bet that would give it a better look.
Farewell.

PS: I really like the feeling the shadows give to the walls, just amazing. :)

Yeah it gets more depth with the shadows :)
I'll certainly add banners and torches, just getting the basic structure of the castle first ;)

Yeah it gets more depth with the shadows :)
I'll certainly add banners and torches, just getting the basic structure of the castle first ;)
Good then, I hope to see your finished work some time in the near future.
Farewell.

Back