• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Middle-Earth

The smallest minimap you know ;)

It turned out I had even more limited time today than I thought, so I'll try to fix the first post as soon as I have time for it instead.
In the meantime, feast your eyes on this:

LZHUuVf.png

I've always thought that many of the monsters have looked out of place, so I recolored some of them to fit in better.

agree on that but mainly creatures from8.54+/- and higher..

If someone is up for it they could make a troll ;)
I suuuuck at spriting creatures from scratch. Right now I'm gonna use cyclops for the trolls, but I might try to use them as a reference if I try to sprite myself!

Sadly, most of the sprites from the old thread are lost. Alot got lost when I got my new computer :(

EDIT:

Just started trying to sprite a cavetroll and I think this is going well... Will try again tomorrow! :)

Last edited:
Some progress on the minimap:

vQSa1WO.png

And also the beginning of the cavetroll sprite:

157fcdv.jpg

If you haven't noticed yet, I also have a spriting thread in the Small Art section!
Will try to update the first post asap... :)

Damn this minimap is so fucking big that is not minimap anymore, big-map.. xD ( Ok it was a stupid joke, srry D: )

Will try to add some more dirt, I don't really want the whole ground around to be dirt though but some splashes here and there wouldn't hurt :)

Will try to add some more dirt, I don't really want the whole ground around to be dirt though but some splashes here and there wouldn't hurt :)
i just say so because orcs in lotr tend to be very destructive to nature xD i don't think much grass would be left behind after building those towers

but i suppose you have to balance it to make it look nice

Since its LOTR i would fill the ground with some big holes using cave borders with cave holes, and add some lavass/water/Ur swamp sprite or something at the bottom..
Also you should add those BIG tree's and remove the tree stumps, its blocking pathway unnecessery..
Maybe some webs here and there, some torture items..

Since its LOTR i would fill the ground with some big holes using cave borders with cave holes, and add some lavass/water/Ur swamp sprite or something at the bottom..
Also you should add those BIG tree's and remove the tree stumps, its blocking pathway unnecessery..
Maybe some webs here and there, some torture items..

The holes in the ground wouldn't make any sense since this isn't like in Isengard where they're burning the wood for their machinery, this is just an outpost that the orcs built to keep an eye on the area. I will build a larger orc camp somewhere and there will probably be more outposts scattered around too and at the big camp there will probably be more fires and machinery going on.

The big trees doesn't look so good mixed with the other trees imo, and the tree stumps are there because they've chopped down the trees from the area to build their camp, so it makes sense for them to be there. The webs feels kinda odd to put down since there aren't spiders there but I'll see what I can do with the torture items.
There are some handcuffs attached to the wall inside one of the buildings already but might place down something more! :)

I disagree with the big tree doesnt fit. Here's one of my "wild forests".. Just say if you want me to remove it :)

In your picture they fit in the enviorment, but I don't think they would fit in my picture since it's not as dense a forrest or that old of a forrest. They would fit much better in Mirkwood for example :)

I don't feel the climate of an orc camp, it just doesn't look like orc camp.

Check out the Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor and try to do maps based on that game.

Trailer of the game:

I don't feel the climate of an orc camp, it just doesn't look like orc camp.

Check out the Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor and try to do maps based on that game.

I'll certainly take inspiration from Shadow of Mordor, that game looks fantastic! I won't copy anything or try to replicate anything from the game because of reasons that I've stated in one of the first posts in the thread.

And since it's set in Mordor, the terrain is very diffrent, so it gets tricky to translate that design over to a woodland area. And also the sprites in Tibia limits what I can do right now. I would like some black metallic walls (as seen in the movies) but until I make those walls myself, these will have to do. :)

Thanks for the feedback from everyone! Gets the motivation up! :D

A question about RME, does anyone know if it's possible to make a groundbrush with a specific tiling and not random?
Like I want the tiles 1, 2, 3, 4 to be:

1 , 2
3 , 4

I tried to copy the same settings for the doodads with large stones, but it didn't work.

I've been recoloring some more monsters and started adding some new groundtiles so I'll post some pictures later today :)

Back