• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Necronia - Discussion

I don't know about any spell in dota called Magnetic Field. I'm gonna guess it's used by Razor if it exists, but I don't recall it. And dragonbreath, I suppose you could say so, but I didn't have dota in mind when I made it. Probably a combination of my subconscious and logic. But yeah, Doom is the only spell inspired from Dota if you ask me, and Encase and Unbound Lightning's effects were inspired by Ryze's and Lissandra's spell from League of legends. :p

I don't know about any spell in dota called Magnetic Field. I'm gonna guess it's used by Razor if it exists, but I don't recall it. And dragonbreath, I suppose you could say so, but I didn't have dota in mind when I made it. Probably a combination of my subconscious and logic. But yeah, Doom is the only spell inspired from Dota if you ask me, and Encase and Unbound Lightning's effects were inspired by Ryze's and Lissandra's spell from League of legends. :p

Distrupter's ulti is named that i think or its the "circle from him" :)

yo guise im probably the first player to see the sky! next is to see the tibia sun :D

MwnjGTa.jpg

Isn't OTClient compilable for *nix derived OS? If so, Mac shouldn't be a problem

I don't like Mac all the much, though.

That's what I thought of encase, Lissandra! So nice :), Can't wait to get on to the final product, goodluck gogo! <3

We're on the verge of releasing the 1.11 beta update which will contain various fixes and content necessary to finish what we've started - aka the final class release for Marksman.

Until then, here is a list of Marksman spells so you can speculate:

[Passive] Voracity
Your basic attacks and some spells grant you stacks of [Voracity]. Each stack of [Voracity] increases your bonus critical chance by 0.24% up to a max. of 100 stacks. When you reach 100 stacks, you get 100% chance for a critical strike on your next hit, and then your voracity resets back to 0.

[Fire!]
Quickly loads up a bolt and fires it at your target. [Fire!] can critically strike. There is 10% chance to land a headshot, dealing 2.8x damage. Grants you 3 stacks of voracity.

[Backstep]
Jumps up to 2 tiles behind you.

[Lock and Load]
Loads a random bolt and fires it at your target. These bolts can be any of the following:

[Normal Bolt]: Normal Damage
[Power Bolt]: 2x Damage
[Fire Bolt]: Deals damage and sets the target on fire.
[Mushroom Bolt]: Stuns the target and poisons it.
[Crystal Bolt]: Deals damage and slows the target.
[Swiftfoot]
You focus on your movement, gaining 105% stamina for a couple of seconds. You can not attack while this spell is active. Once the spell is over, your stamina is back to how it was at the moment of casting the spell.

[Marksmanship]
Increases your attack speed for a couple of seconds. (Duration and amount are based on your level and Rangery)

[Silvershot]
Loads a silver bullet and fires it at your enemy, dealing holy damage and leaving a [Crippling Wound].
This wound will not allow the target's health to go above the current amount for 5 seconds.

[Trapwire]
Surrounds you in trapwire. Anyone that steps on a trapwire has their feet shredded - slowing them and making them bleed for a couple of seconds.

[Sharpnel Blast]
Loads a giant bolt that explodes with shrapnel upon impact, damaging the enemies around your target too.

[Barrage]
Shoots hundreds of bolts that fly in every direction.

[Bombard]
Missiles fall down from the sky causing catastrophic explosions everywhere around you. Each explosion affects enemies in a 2x2 radius.

[Boltspew]
Shoots bolts in a cone in front of you in several waves.

[Shock Net]
Generates a net that lasts 10 seconds. You can throw this net and it will stun creatures caught in it. After the initial stun is gone, the victims will remained slowed for 2 more seconds.

[Kaboom!]
Shoots a deadly rocket that explodes upon impact, dealing damage to surrounding enemies and setting everyone on fire. It also leaves fire fields on the map.

[Flashbang]
Throws a flashbang into the area, blinding the ones unfortunate enough to stare at the blast.

[Against monsters]: Unable to fight for a short duration.
[Against players]: Flashes a white light on their screen, disabling their vision of the game. The light then slowly fades out.
[Mark for Death]
Marks the target with a death-mark. Your basic attacks deal additional damage instances to that target equal to 4% of its current HP. This bonus damage can't exceed your level+skill*2.

[Reload]
Refreshes the cooldown of [Fire!], [Lock and Load], [Powerbullet], [Silvershot].

This update also brings a lot of new ranger weapons into the game, as well as a wide variety of rings and amulets that will have effects which impact your spells. This, of course, is not exclusive to rings and amulets as all other types of equipment can also empower your spells.

R8Q295J.png

We'll also start adding elements for the UI upgrade, starting with the login screen. The new UI is still in the works and might take quite some time before we see it implemented fully.

I also want to take this opportunity to officially welcome @Samuro to our team.

We have 2 more potential teammates helping us out currently, and I'm very happy to say that the progress has been going quite well recently. We hope to see even better results after we're done focusing on the classes and everyone's main mission is working on the mainland.

(P.S. The image in the 1st post will be updated later today with new progress tracker bars and information)

[Silvershot]
Loads a silver bullet and fires it at your enemy, dealing holy damage and leaving a [Crippling Wound].
This wound will not allow the target's health to go above the current amount for 5 seconds.

[Shock Net]
Generates a net that lasts 10 seconds. You can throw this net and it will stun creatures caught in it. After the initial stun is gone, the victims will remained slowed for 2 more seconds.

Not op? :D

[Silvershot]

[Shock Net]

A lot of spells on here either take a lot of mana, a ton of soul, or have a long cool down!

[Silvershot]

[Shock Net]

Well it is worth mentioning that silvershot has a long-ish cooldown and the net (as an item) lasts 10 seconds, but once enemies are caught, the snare lasts for like 2 secs + 2 secs of slow afterwards. :p

EDIT: Also, the [Crippling Wound] lasts 2x less if used on players and was nerfed to 3.8 secs instead of 5, so 1.9 on players.

when is the open beta?
We still have no date set for that but we're getting closer and closer. Today I finished all my work on the classes, now have to polish some npcs and quests on mainland, and when we have the majority of mainland prepared for testing, we might put up an open beta. Not entirely certain though, we'll see.

Hi everyone! Today, we're releasing the Marksman class into the game. You can test it out by getting a promotion from SDC Scientist Carol, meanwhile, we'll work on Island of Judgement and the ability to go to main and test these vocations properly there with new monsters. It might take a short while before you're able to do that, so hang on for just a bit more.

You will notice that their passive still doesn't work. It will require a client update before we're able to implement it properly, and in the wake of this, we'll make a thread on our forum to inform you of other known bugs and missing abilities of every class (so that you don't report some of that stuff in vain).
Please check out our forums to stay updated on that.
Before the class reveal, we officially welcome 3 new team members:

@Samuro , @Limos and @Saphron .

We wish them a great time working in our team and may that partnership be long-lasting and fruitful! So far, each one of them has done a great job which you'll be able to witness once you enter Avernum. And now,
Here's the class reveal for:

marksman.png

mm1.png

mm2.png

Big news...

Today we began the implementation of the new UI. It might take a couple of weeks before it's entirely ready for live testing, but we feel very confident about it being a great replacement for the current one.
From a delicate design to a more user-friendly interface, this UI will bring many changes that the community requested during the previous months of testing.

The main thing we're trying to accomplish, beside having a nicer, more professional look here, is to make information easily accessible to everyone, including those who play Necronia for the first time.
We'll remove the Extra Stats Panel completely and scatter its information into 2 places:

1. The information about your critical chance, dodge chance, military points, jigglesmile tokens, movement speed and SDC rank will be stored in the Skills window, which we will also rename to something more fitting. Its shortcut will remain as CTRL+S.

2. The information and buttons related to the consumption system will be placed on the screen and will be easier to use and understand.

Another major thing that's happening is the fact that the game-screen will become bigger. And by that, I mean that you will actually be able to see more tiles both in width and height, and maybe we'll even manage to preserve the original sprite quality and size, with no zooming of the screen.
Countless other changes will take place, but we'll take things one at a time, so until we bring more specific updates about UI parts, enjoy this prototype design:

newui.png

You may have also seen some new developers floating around on Deity characters. We're happy to say that we are looking at a possibility of having 2 awesome scripters join our team, but we're still holding back on a specific announcement until all parties are sure that this is how it will go down. All in all, February should be an awesome month for Necronia and its progress as we already began reworking some stuff on mainland and you will soon get access to it as testers.

I am also going to rework the main page of the thread and update it for better appeal and information!
Nice one :)

Hi everyone! Today, we're releasing the Marksman class into the game. You can test it out by getting a promotion from SDC Scientist Carol, meanwhile, we'll work on Island of Judgement and the ability to go to main and test these vocations properly there with new monsters. It might take a short while before you're able to do that, so hang on for just a bit more.

You will notice that their passive still doesn't work. It will require a client update before we're able to implement it properly, and in the wake of this, we'll make a thread on our forum to inform you of other known bugs and missing abilities of every class (so that you don't report some of that stuff in vain).
Please check out our forums to stay updated on that.
Before the class reveal, we officially welcome 3 new team members:

@Samuro , @Limos and @Saphron .

We wish them a great time working in our team and may that partnership be long-lasting and fruitful! So far, each one of them has done a great job which you'll be able to witness once you enter Avernum. And now,
Here's the class reveal for:

marksman.png

mm1.png

mm2.png

Lil' question about the Voracity: What happens when you for example crit while the stacks are at 50% (if possible at all), will you lose this 50% or will you keep stacking up to 100%?

Is the barrier regen rate of defenders fixed at 6 or how does it scale?
Same for swordsman passive, are you stuck with 120 dmg?
Would also be cool if you could fix merciless stabber relic, either make it give the 2% crit it displays or make it display the actual 1% it provides.

Is the barrier regen rate of defenders fixed at 6 or how does it scale?
Same for swordsman passive, are you stuck with 120 dmg?
Would also be cool if you could fix merciless stabber relic, either make it give the 2% crit it displays or make it display the actual 1% it provides.

The barrier regen scales per level because you get 15 more max barrier each level, and the regen amounts to (0.012*maxBarrier) per tick.

Swordsman is not stuck with 120 dmg either, you get 6 ticks over 12 seconds, each of which deals damage based on your level/2.5.

I'll see what's up with the relic, but it works regardless of what it displays, the Extra Player Stats needs some updates. We'll be removing it completely in the new UI and displaying this information elsewhere so that there will be no confusion such as this one.

Lil' question about the Voracity: What happens when you for example crit while the stacks are at 50% (if possible at all), will you lose this 50% or will you keep stacking up to 100%?

You keep on stacking, it only resets when it reaches 100%.

Back