• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Necronia - Discussion

i know i feel like its cutting off part of the top with the buttons... i do see its adding like 2 sqm from side to side extra viewing thats not on the original clients vision, but i am afraid that the chat window doesnt look movable/shrinkable, and if thats the case, then the bottom 4.5 inches of my monitor will be stuck as a chat window... Also with the added SQM vision on the sides, it looks like i wont have places to put extra windows i may like to keep an eye on which is a shame.

i also know that 1 of your long term beta testers will have issues with this UI as they have a square monitor ( yes, square, because its all they have currently. as their old broke i guess ) and this looks like it requires a normal widescreen display.
The new client UI will have all functions as the previous one, which includes resizing chat. To my knowledge most people have widescreen monitors making the new changes welcome and helpful (Such as myself), but the client should function in the exact way as it does now.
This is currently what it would look like squared.
lLRDG93.jpg

And this is what it would look like on the new UI, the size of tiles in this is a lot more than what we are going to be using.
(I don't have an exact image for this as this one is what it should look like.)
newui.png

This UI will have changes to it to better suit the client, but I assure you that you will have plenty of room to still place windows and the like. Once we have a fully coded UI that we can properly show off then we will make changes to make sure it fits most users monitors.

The new UI is slowly shaping up to be pretty awesome. We're enlarging the game screen field of view so you'll be able to be more comfy, especially on bigger monitors, and of course, see more of the beautiful world of Necronia.

The UI elements and positioning are still in rough stages of development, but want to show the screen size:

uiexp.jpg
The channels shouldn't be behind the chat box borders.
The icons don't really match with the UI and I hope that top bar (menu w/e) will be hidden and can be shown only if you press X button.

I like everything else. Amazing job!

@EDIT: Seems like I wasn't looking the latest posts... LOL

The font is really ugly in my opinion... Is going to stay like that?

The icons don't really match with the UI and I hope that top bar (menu w/e) will be hidden and can be shown only if you press X button.

The font was already changed back. We may go back to it again at a later date.

i know i feel like its cutting off part of the top with the buttons... i do see its adding like 2 sqm from side to side extra viewing thats not on the original clients vision, but i am afraid that the chat window doesnt look movable/shrinkable, and if thats the case, then the bottom 4.5 inches of my monitor will be stuck as a chat window... Also with the added SQM vision on the sides, it looks like i wont have places to put extra windows i may like to keep an eye on which is a shame.

i also know that 1 of your long term beta testers will have issues with this UI as they have a square monitor ( yes, square, because its all they have currently. as their old broke i guess ) and this looks like it requires a normal widescreen display.

i cant imagen that lol

The new client UI will have all functions as the previous one, which includes resizing chat. To my knowledge most people have widescreen monitors making the new changes welcome and helpful (Such as myself), but the client should function in the exact way as it does now.
This is currently what it would look like squared.
lLRDG93.jpg

And this is what it would look like on the new UI, the size of tiles in this is a lot more than what we are going to be using.
(I don't have an exact image for this as this one is what it should look like.)
newui.png

This UI will have changes to it to better suit the client, but I assure you that you will have plenty of room to still place windows and the like. Once we have a fully coded UI that we can properly show off then we will make changes to make sure it fits most users monitors.
Nice menu icons :)

I didn't try your client but I hate how WASD walking works in the otclient, so I will post this here.

I would suggest adding some hotkey to disable the chat so that you can use WASD, I know it's already possible to click the button in the chat window to enable WASD and disable the chat but it would be better if you could also bind it to some hotkey, that's how WASD walker program works and I believe they use CTRL + E as hotkey, but it would be best if that would be configurable too.

In the normal otclient when you press enter it also enables the chat again so that you can't walk with WASD anymore and since sometimes you will move some item and press enter etc and then it also enables the chat, so I would suggest you to fix that or just remove so it doesn't go away when you press enter.

I didn't try your client but I hate how WASD walking works in the otclient, so I will post this here.

I would suggest adding some hotkey to disable the chat so that you can use WASD, I know it's already possible to click the button in the chat window to enable WASD and disable the chat but it would be better if you could also bind it to some hotkey, that's how WASD walker program works and I believe they use CTRL + E as hotkey, but it would be best if that would be configurable too.

In the normal otclient when you press enter it also enables the chat again so that you can't walk with WASD anymore and since sometimes you will move some item and press enter etc and then it also enables the chat, so I would suggest you to fix that or just remove so it doesn't go away when you press enter.
We already intend to have such a feature and will have it fully implemented towards the end of the beta.

The channels will be behind the chat box borders, just not as much as displayed on this picture. Furthermore the tab graphic will be changed so that it looks nicer when it is behind the border.
Top bar can be hidden, as you will see in a picture below.

Yes, we're aware that the default WASD functionality in OTC is very nasty, so we'll do our best to make it configurable and comfortable to the user. However, we won't focus on that yet until some other UI related stuff is finished.

The minimap can be moved?

It can't be moved.

A bit of an update:
We're working on the Skills window now, which will have the passive displayer as well as the consumption points system integrated within it. The information displayed in that window in the following picture is subject to change, we'll be removing the unnecessary stuff such as Jigsaw tokens and whatnot.
Furthermore, it is demonstrated how you can alter the height of the bottom console to your will (up to to the point where the chatbox isn't even visible anymore), as well as hide the top panel with icons if you find their presence disturbing.

2d2UlWZ.jpg

i think it was said that the current viewing screen isnt going to stay the same size? ( the way it is now is much larger than normal clients) but i think the huge field of view is actually 1 of the best features currently. its not something seen on other clients, and who doesnt like seeing more.

i think it was said that the current viewing screen isnt going to stay the same size? ( the way it is now is much larger than normal clients) but i think the huge field of view is actually 1 of the best features currently. its not something seen on other clients, and who doesnt like seeing more.

It's probably something most newly released servers using otclient will have, I've already seen it in different projects but none has been opened so far and @Flatlander has explained how to make it work. So it's easy for people to add, now we just need more custom projects that uses it, like necronia :D

It's probably something most newly released servers using otclient will have, I've already seen it in different projects but none has been opened so far and @Flatlander has explained how to make it work. So it's easy for people to add, now we just need more custom projects that uses it, like necronia :D

True, it's a great feature.

It is going to stay this big, but ultimately, you will be able to zoom in/out to set it to your own preference, as people will different sizes of monitors will probably want to alter it to their liking.

After being able to personally play with the new ui I can safely say that it feels much more comfortable using this client compared to the old one. You will be able to change the screen to either a square or wide screen ( @Castiel23 ) so players will be able to have their windows like they currently do. With the screen change you are unable to target creatures/players where the other screen is unable to see. While you are able to see the creatures/players using the square layout, they will be able to use it with a button combination easily. If players have a smaller screen they will have to use the full square layout, larger monitors will have more flexibility.
Example: See the pigs
fLTieru.jpg

lr7X6OQ.jpg

Hi everyone!
As you already know, we've been working intensely for the past couple of days, developing the new UI, fixing bugs, rebalancing things and adding new features - so, here's a recap of what has been done in case you missed something important:

Tip Board
You can now find a Tip Board on the Hill of Life.
The tip board will teach you useful stuff while also giving you EXP every time you learn something new! Pretty handy for absolute beginners.​
Currently there's about 10 Tips, but the plan is to make new tips unlock as you level up and give information relevant to the level range that you're currently in.

NYOFSe3.png

We added a bunch of new creature products, that can either be sold or used as Tailoring Materials. This will enable you to quickly and easily collect the pieces of cloth which you need to upgrade your equipment.

0kYyN2w.png

Visit Mister Lenon and he will tell you all about tailoring and provide you with a free set of tailoring tools to give it a shot!

or8XSb9.png

We fixed the Wormother and Gerakryll boss dungeon (still needs to be tested thoroughly once more) and you should be able to face these menacing creatures of Sattnyr once again.
Defenders, and warriors subsequently received a buff with the following changes:

[Protector's Might]:
~ No longer drains barrier when in PZ.
~ Regenerates barrier every 4 sec. instead of 5.
~ Amount regenerated was boosted from 1.2% to 3% of your max barrier.
[Shell]:
~ Your shielding will now also be counted as a factor for calculating the amount of barrier this spell provides.

But they were not the only ones. Spellcasters received a buff for their powerful fire DoT spell:

Spell formula for [Ignite] altered. It should deal more damage now.

Details:

To: (PlayerLevel/4.6+PlayerWizardry/3)

And rangers can now enjoy the same bonuses the warriors do from drinking the Vitoa Cocktail on Sattnyr, meaning they got a boost for their HP regen.

We reviewed suggestions and feedback posted by fellow testers and addressed issues found within their arguments.

A ton of monsters were changed and nerfed in order to make the beginning of the game slightly more forgiving. Some nerfs worthy of mentioning are the Gobo Piercer nerfs that brought their damage down and reduced their range significantly; Sand Scorpions having much weaker poison as opposed to their previous deadly poison which almost always executed lowbies before they had a chance to figure out how to deal with it; and overall nerfs to Beduins and Aracnids whose EXP was altered to be more rewarding, and damage brought down to reduce the curbstomp effect these creatures had when lured in groups of 2-3 or more

qI0B2Ix.gif

Not only the monsters were affected. The first few tiers of equipment are much easier to craft now, and we've reduced the necessity of using rare ores in these upgrade branches. We've also completely removed Tarnite and Sulphur ores from Sattnyr recipes.
Lamps last 2x longer than before to compensate for their medium range of light as opposed to a torch (that starts out with an intense light but burns down to nothing).
All in all, a lot was done to make Bawfuria easier. It still hasn't lost its challenging vibe, but we had to kick it down a notch as we don't want to leave a bad first impression on players. Difficulty is good, but we have 100-200+ levels of gameplay after Bawfuria, we can increase it over the course of that part of gameplay.

So, let's talk about the plans and upcoming updates a little!

We've heard out your cries, and once again, we will come to aid.
With the release of the new UI, many gameplay aspects will become much more comfortable. Here is what you can expect from the new UI:

3ld0xYp.png

Here is an image of the game client as it currently is to us (using the New UI). We still have to do a bunch of positioning and graphical adjustment, but it's turning out to look pretty close to what we imagined in the first place, and we're very happy with the results:

Click here to view the image.

We believe the new UI will be finished by the end of week, if the tides are right, and you can expect the release anytime during the next week, maybe even as soon as Monday.
Once the new UI is released, there is nothing else holding us down from working on Avernum, and that is when you can expect more news related to it.

nteam.png

Wow. Awesome work. Insane amount of work here!
Every time I view this thread, i'm always amazed! You've really outdone yourself here shiva!

Back
Top Bottom