• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Necronia - Discussion

Hopefully there's a server rebooter because the server just crashed and I think I caused it..

There are a few issues with a rebooter during the beta; When the server crashes the console doesn't always close when it crashes, it doesn't always have a 'not responding' status, and sometimes, like how it was for this crash, there was a memory leak which left the server still "running" but all connections to and from it are unable to go through. Then we would need to have the rebooter copy every line in the console and paste that somewhere. If the server isn't responding then it can't physically copy it, in which case it needs to take a screenshot of it.
So we would need a rebooter will need to check and see if the server is down, read the console, make sure it's 100% not running (Actually extremely difficult), close the server (If the server is in debug mode then it needs to use a special command), and reopen Necronia.
There are a few more issues which I can illustrate but I think you get my point. We have already thought out and tried rebooters and it is simply better for a person to reboot it.

There are a few issues with a rebooter during the beta; When the server crashes the console doesn't always close when it crashes, it doesn't always have a 'not responding' status, and sometimes, like how it was for this crash, there was a memory leak which left the server still "running" but all connections to and from it are unable to go through. Then we would need to have the rebooter copy every line in the console and paste that somewhere. If the server isn't responding then it can't physically copy it, in which case it needs to take a screenshot of it.
So we would need a rebooter will need to check and see if the server is down, read the console, make sure it's 100% not running (Actually extremely difficult), close the server (If the server is in debug mode then it needs to use a special command), and reopen Necronia.
There are a few more issues which I can illustrate but I think you get my point. We have already thought out and tried rebooters and it is simply better for a person to reboot it.

If it came off as criticism then that wasn't the intention; I figured there was an actual reason why you guys didn't have a rebooter.

But ya.. the server is down right now -- I can connect to the character list but not the server :(

Last edited:
Before the month has ended, we have new changes implemented tonight and even more changes that will be implemented in the next 24 hours.

An amazing changelog: http://www.necronia.com/changelog.php

01 September 2015 (04:24)
[Hunter]:
* Changed many formulas in the spell [Tame]. Now it gives more exp per successful tame, requires less exp for taming many creatures and scales better with your taming experience instead of your magic level.

A successful tame puts this spell on a 10 second cooldown now.

* [Rapidfire] soul cost increased from 5 to 16. Now it has an additional cost of 15 stamina.

* [Boarhead] cooldown reduced from 30 to 15 seconds.

(NOTE: All spellbook info updates will arrive in the next client update)

ed0946fdc1.png

As far as I understand the server has been crashing. Figure it's best to make a post in case a dev checks the forums unaware the server is down.

The server will be down until Tarjei is able to take a look at the engine and fix an issue.

The server will be down until Tarjei is able to take a look at the engine and fix an issue.

Is it an issue that's open to exploiting? I get wanting to cap the issues of crashes, but keeping it down and not allowing us to test and play it while there isn't a detrimental issue is counter-productive.

Back
Top Bottom