• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Necronia - Discussion

Ahh yeah I remember now. I'm not sure how I forgot about the Disintegrating Furnace.. I guess that's what happens when you don't play for a long period of time. :p Like you already mentioned, posting the Disintegrating Furnace on the library is a good idea so more people will be aware of this feature. It's also a good idea to add some kind of quest or tutorial so players can learn about it. (If it already doesn't exist)

About the Disintegrating Furnace, will there be some portable tool so we can disintegrate items during our adventures? You find items pretty quick and we are limited with our capacity, especially with everything else a prepared adventurer should carry with them. Seems rather tenacious and time wasting going to the local blacksmith each time you want to disintegrate some items. (which would be pretty often!)

You could create some kind of limitations or drawbacks for the tool so that the Disintegrating Furnace doesn't become useless but, I can't be the only one who feels this way.. because if this is the only thing you're able to do with looted equipment then I still find it rather useless. There's no way I'll be traveling back and forth every 10-15 minutes not to mention if you're really far away from town it will take you even longer. Anyway it's just a simple suggestion. :)

I will think about it, now that you mention it.
With their Courier passive, Hunters come handy in resolving this problem, and I wouldn't mind actually having some oldschool feeling in there, where people would make lootbags. After all, if we made everything you carry lightweight (this would be done this way too, since you get lightweight material by disintegrating), cap would lose its meaning.

But it's a neat idea if the tool is made correctly, so I'll think about it.

Glad to see you'll think about it. I also thought about lootbags prior to suggesting the tool, but the problem I had is that:
1. people could easily steal your lootbag (those devious bastards)
2. the server wipe can clean you bag resulting in a huge loss of profit and time.
3. ???

Then again I guess the first one is something you just have to deal with, but the second one is a bit tougher to avoid. I also understand that cap still needs to maintain a value but there has to be some type of compromise.
Perhaps this will get better at higher level once items are more rare or if a correctly made tool is made.

Glad to see you'll think about it. I also thought about lootbags prior to suggesting the tool, but the problem I had is that:
1. people could easily steal your lootbag (those devious bastards)
2. the server wipe can clean you bag resulting in a huge loss of profit and time.
3. ???

Then again I guess the first one is something you just have to deal with, but the second one is a bit tougher to avoid. I also understand that cap still needs to maintain a value but there has to be some type of compromise.
Perhaps this will get better at higher level once items are more rare or if a correctly made tool is made.

The server cleaning the map every five hours won't exist on official launch. We will have a similar system to how Cipsoft does their servers; restarting it every 24 hours without cleans. We primarily have cleans due to having the server up, at times, 50+ hours.

Ahh yeah I remember now. I'm not sure how I forgot about the Disintegrating Furnace.. I guess that's what happens when you don't play for a long period of time. :p Like you already mentioned, posting the Disintegrating Furnace on the library is a good idea so more people will be aware of this feature. It's also a good idea to add some kind of quest or tutorial so players can learn about it. (If it already doesn't exist)

About the Disintegrating Furnace, will there be some portable tool so we can disintegrate items during our adventures? You find items pretty quick and we are limited with our capacity, especially with everything else a prepared adventurer should carry with them. Seems rather tenacious and time wasting going to the local blacksmith each time you want to disintegrate some items. (which would be pretty often!)

You could create some kind of limitations or drawbacks for the tool so that the Disintegrating Furnace doesn't become useless but, I can't be the only one who feels this way.. because if this is the only thing you're able to do with looted equipment then I still find it rather useless. There's no way I'll be traveling back and forth every 10-15 minutes not to mention if you're really far away from town it will take you even longer. Anyway it's just a simple suggestion. :)

You've gotta remember too, most of the people here are still on rook, with lower leveled characters. Once we get more levels, the cap will be less of a problem. Pretty much only the rookguard area is done, and even then I'd say there's still a fair bit left.

I have a question.:D
When you find an item with a socket(s) do they count towards the maximum amount that item can have?
For example say the max amount of sockets per weapon is 6. Then you go out and find a sword with 2 sockets already in it.
Does that mean you can only put 4 more into it? or can you still put 6 on top of the 2 that are already there?

I have a question.:D
When you find an item with a socket(s) do they count towards the maximum amount that item can have?
For example say the max amount of sockets per weapon is 6. Then you go out and find a sword with 2 sockets already in it.
Does that mean you can only put 4 more into it? or can you still put 6 on top of the 2 that are already there?

There is practically no limit to how many sockets an item can have, but the sockets that come in looted items are counted as "inserted sockets", so yes, if there were a limit, it would count. It will also affect the fact that you need more blacksmithing skill to open more sockets in an item.

There is practically no limit to how many sockets an item can have, but the sockets that come in looted items are counted as "inserted sockets", so yes, if there were a limit, it would count. It will also affect the fact that you need more blacksmithing skill to open more sockets in an item.
Really there is no limit?! That's quite surprising o.o
Also I didn't know it took more blacksmithing skill to open more sockets? I thought all you had to do was buy a socket for 20k and then attack it to your item using the anvil, which only takes 10 blacksmithing skill.

Really there is no limit?! That's quite surprising o.o
Also I didn't know it took more blacksmithing skill to open more sockets? I thought all you had to do was buy a socket for 20k and then attack it to your item using the anvil, which only takes 10 blacksmithing skill.

There's no limit because the limit already exists with that blacksmithing skill requirement. I think it's like 1 socket per 10 blacksmithing skill, or something like that, so either way you won't be able to have too much.

Hey shadow i really need to talk to you i find a critical error from ur site look
easy for ddosers i think u should fix that !

SORRY ENGLISH IM BRAZILIAN
zZ3AGdh.png

Hey shadow i really need to talk to you i find a critical error from ur site look
easy for ddosers i think u should fix that !

SORRY ENGLISH IM BRAZILIAN
zZ3AGdh.png
Hey mate,
It's not a big deal, all those files are publicly available via download links, etc. And that website is not connected to the server so even if it's DDosed, it wont affect the server. That website is just my alternative host for stuff and for a future website im going to be working on.

No worries, im aware of it :D

I think and not only me but you should higher the exp in Bawfuria to get lvl 20 faster right now it takes me from lvl 12+ 1h for 1 lvl around that and im hunting earthgolems stone giants etc if you make in bawfuria something like exp pot? that increase exp for 50% for 2h cost 1k? or just higher the exp :D its beta anyways and bafuria is explored already shouldnt take 1h for 1 lvl in beta when we get deleted when offical release is out lol

Necronia is awesome on every aspect, sadly I think you need to have way too much time to progress.

Necronia is awesome on every aspect, sadly I think you need to have way too much time to progress.
Hopefully this will get a bit easier once there's actually more than 5 people on at any given time. :p Once the shared exp is working properly, hunting in large parties will be the way to go.

We made the mistake of making Necronia a fast paced server before, and it turned out rather bad, so we're doing the opposite now and quite liking the results. As in any MMORPG though, the amount of time you invest into your character's development is equivalent to the amount of development your character receives.
That way, every level you take, every new item you smith, every new area you discover feels like such an accomplishment.

I think and not only me but you should higher the exp in Bawfuria to get lvl 20 faster right now it takes me from lvl 12+ 1h for 1 lvl around that and im hunting earthgolems stone giants etc if you make in bawfuria something like exp pot? that increase exp for 50% for 2h cost 1k? or just higher the exp :D its beta anyways and bafuria is explored already shouldnt take 1h for 1 lvl in beta when we get deleted when offical release is out lol

You know that with the current content, if we increased EXP, you'd run through everything in less than 3 days and wouldn't be able to give us proper feedback + there is no level requirement to leave Bawfuria, you just have to finish Lea's quest and collect 5 sapphire gems. Even though it's beta, we want the feeling to be identical to what it will be like on official so you can exactly tell us which things feel out of place or need some adjustments.

Hopefully this will get a bit easier once there's actually more than 5 people on at any given time. :p Once the shared exp is working properly, hunting in large parties will be the way to go.

Shared exp. already works properly as far as I know (the exp. bonus was implemented, party system repaired and enhanced with some new features). It works like this:

Bonus exp percent for shared exp (in a given party):
(19 + amountOfDifferentClasses + lowerAmountBetween(amountOfMembers or 10))%

We made the mistake of making Necronia a fast paced server before, and it turned out rather bad, so we're doing the opposite now and quite liking the results. As in any MMORPG though, the amount of time you invest into your character's development is equivalent to the amount of development your character receives.
That way, every level you take, every new item you smith, every new area you discover feels like such an accomplishment.

You know that with the current content, if we increased EXP, you'd run through everything in less than 3 days and wouldn't be able to give us proper feedback + there is no level requirement to leave Bawfuria, you just have to finish Lea's quest and collect 5 sapphire gems. Even though it's beta, we want the feeling to be identical to what it will be like on official so you can exactly tell us which things feel out of place or need some adjustments.

Shared exp. already works properly as far as I know (the exp. bonus was implemented, party system repaired and enhanced with some new features). It works like this:

Bonus exp percent for shared exp (in a given party):
(19 + amountOfDifferentClasses + lowerAmountBetween(amountOfMembers or 10))%
Tried turning it on and it didn't enable. Also the noticeboard says it's not in yet, assumed it wasn't working.

Tried turning it on and it didn't enable. Also the noticeboard says it's not in yet, assumed it wasn't working.

If it didn't enable, it's probably due to the fact that someone in the party didn't meet the shared experienced system standards (the lowest level member's level must be at least 2/3 of the highest member's level), and you have to participate in at least 1 kill together.

But yeah, it works, we've tested it.

EDIT: And yeah, I forgot about the tip board thing, I've updated it now. Thanks for the reminder. Gonna need a restart or a reload of action scripts before the changes take place, since I gotta go now.

Back