• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Otland Chat (Similar to Facebooks)

Sharp

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
Hi, I'm suggesting to Otland to add a chat system, not like the big box, but something similar to facebooks.

Screenshot Below:
U0bWcqi7gi.png

Sign if you agree, or vote yes on the poll.

Reason I'm suggesting this?
Its getting annoying having to wait for some kind of notification to inform you that you have a message.

Like this post if you think it's a good idea. v
v
v​

Last edited:
@chojrak
Why not just a small hideable chat interface as i.e. seen at the TUG forums?
It doesn't require reload, doesn't require to check there is a new message in the IRC and no need to give away your e-mail.

@chojrak
Why not just a small hideable chat interface as i.e. seen at the TUG forums?
It doesn't require reload, doesn't require to check there is a new message in the IRC and no need to give away your e-mail.

IRC doesn't require reload aswell, doesn't require to check for new messages (depends on client, but you can enable/disable notifications etc. in most clients) and you don't need to give away your e-mail aswell ;p. And IRC is less spam imho. imagine like 500 people on average connected to OTLand chatbox lol.

This is an interesting idea, because when using IRC you can't be sure who you are talking to. You can pick any nick there. It might be a bit hard to implement though, but the suggestion is great. We will see if we get time to write such a plugin for vBulletin. You can perhaps help by looking for such a plugin on vbulletin.org, preferably for vBulletin 4.

That's how you guys can help. If you want it done find the plugin.
I'm not active so I could care less lol.

i can sell it my own similar Facebook chat, working with vBulletin & anothers forums, 90 EUR :)

Back