• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[POLAND] POKEMON UNLEASHED [multi language]

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my way to play this and... oh no it's a bug!!!
bug2e.png

I'm running Vista 64-bit.
Can someone tell me how is that I'm failing this, because I think I'm failing it. /:

On my way to play this and... oh no it's a bug!!!
bug2e.png

I'm running Vista 64-bit.
Can someone tell me how is that I'm failing this, because I think I'm failing it. /:

Are you running as admin?

Dude just download the new client,this new client is running to win7/vista now(must run with admin)

The game system won't change much in few incoming days because we are struggling with other critical problems.

Basically we have 3 critical things to do atm and that is:

1) making client a Vista/7 compataible - this is already done. New client does not require admin rights and should not crash on certain machines. We also introduced icons and made installer for updater, it should now be better.

2) optimizing otsystem - this is being done atm, the attack-loading system is being redone and thus we can reduce an "event check interval" because we are using ticks now. still its better to compare few int64's when player/monster is attacking than checking every creature each 0.25s. in this way we can force "onThink"-s much more rarely as one event per 2 seconds / creature is more than enough with new system. the downside is that sometimes monster need more time to "sense" target within screen, especially when wild pokemon spawns on our screen.

also we have altered an updaterate of client, all functions like getting current health and such are now based on delta time, with being flushed every 2 s. if pokemon was regaining at rate 7 hp per second, now it will look like <2 sec delay> -> +14 hp -> <2 sec delay> -> +14hp etc, but in server its all based on delta times so if u got +14hp already and u will got attacked after 1,2seconds, server will calculate that 1.2s was passed before last flush and give u a part of hitpoints you would normaly get during those 1.2 s.

we have also altered few functions, its no more checking if all player pokemon is fainted every 0.25s, instead its now checked when pokemon that is owned by somebody faints or is killed by poison.

this patch will be applied today.

3) dealing with crashes

there is a crash on certain situation and i'm not sure what causes it. too bad i cannot manage gdb to work, it generates a core file but stacktraces are weird - there are like ~3 pointers on stack and noone is resolved as function so basically it does not work as it should. after I will do optimizations for server, I will handle a debugger to work or write my own class for debugging. i'm not asking here for help, i know that i have to handle it by my own, but perhaps someone did have problems with gdb as well?

Code:
This GDB was configured as "i486-linux-gnu"...

warning: core file may not match specified executable file.
Core was generated by `/bin/bash ./restart.sh'.
Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted.
[New process 24737]
#0  0xffffe430 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
(gdb) bt
#1  0xb7736833 in ?? ()
#2  0x00000000 in ?? ()
(gdb)

executable of course has debugging symbols and is not stripped nor optimized.

===============
to community:

yes we already know that we have failed but we are not giving up. atm we are struggling with many things but I believe that most new projects have same problems. we WILL manage all to work 100% correctly and we WILL make gameplay intresting. I'm sorry how this one has turned out, but we are working to get it working perfectly.

I think that I have the most work 2 do, cuz i'm programmer and at moment sleeping 2 hours per day is a luxury for me :))

thanks,
Larva

Thanks for an statement Larva, it was necessary for the community.

However, how are you planning on solving the lags?

Thanks for an statement Larva, it was necessary for the community.

However, how are you planning on solving the lags?

Hello Bam! Lags arent because of dedi, I mean, its not even close to connection problems. Its because server is overloaded, 4 cores @ 2 ghz cannot handle game world, thats why we are developed a ** HUGE ** optimization and we will check how server works with update. And about dedi, I think we will move onto amazon before launch.

Does even otserv/tfs support multicore processors?

there's nothing to support - its handled by OS. if u want to better use multi cores, just make a lot of threads.

no tfs doesnt. the best u can do is put each app onto a different core. so otserv on core 1, and uniserver+web on core 2

1) making client a Vista/7 compataible - this is already done. New client does not require admin rights and should not crash on certain machines. We also introduced icons and made installer for updater, it should now be better.

There was no problem with the other client, Im running vista and I've experiance nothing that stops me from installing or playing, And for those that dont know how to install a freakin game on vista, Got none but themselves to blame. Yes you require admin to install/patch games on vista, Deal with it..

Enough with the offtopic guys.

The game system won't change much in few incoming days because we are struggling with other critical problems.

Basically we have 3 critical things to do atm and that is:

2) optimizing otsystem - this is being done atm, the attack-loading system is being redone and thus we can reduce an "event check interval" because we are using ticks now. still its better to compare few int64's when player/monster is attacking than checking every creature each 0.25s. in this way we can force "onThink"-s much more rarely as one event per 2 seconds / creature is more than enough with new system. the downside is that sometimes monster need more time to "sense" target within screen, especially when wild pokemon spawns on our screen.

also we have altered an updaterate of client, all functions like getting current health and such are now based on delta time, with being flushed every 2 s. if pokemon was regaining at rate 7 hp per second, now it will look like <2 sec delay> -> +14 hp -> <2 sec delay> -> +14hp etc, but in server its all based on delta times so if u got +14hp already and u will got attacked after 1,2seconds, server will calculate that 1.2s was passed before last flush and give u a part of hitpoints you would normaly get during those 1.2 s.

we have also altered few functions, its no more checking if all player pokemon is fainted every 0.25s, instead its now checked when pokemon that is owned by somebody faints or is killed by poison.

this patch will be applied today.

3) dealing with crashes

there is a crash on certain situation and i'm not sure what causes it. too bad i cannot manage gdb to work, it generates a core file but stacktraces are weird - there are like ~3 pointers on stack and noone is resolved as function so basically it does not work as it should. after I will do optimizations for server, I will handle a debugger to work or write my own class for debugging. i'm not asking here for help, i know that i have to handle it by my own, but perhaps someone did have problems with gdb as well?

Code:
This GDB was configured as "i486-linux-gnu"...

warning: core file may not match specified executable file.
Core was generated by `/bin/bash ./restart.sh'.
Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted.
[New process 24737]
(gdb) bt
#1  0xb7736833 in ?? ()
#2  0x00000000 in ?? ()
(gdb)

executable of course has debugging symbols and is not stripped nor optimized.

===============
to community:

yes we already know that we have failed but we are not giving up. atm we are struggling with many things but I believe that most new projects have same problems. we WILL manage all to work 100% correctly and we WILL make gameplay intresting. I'm sorry how this one has turned out, but we are working to get it working perfectly.

I think that I have the most work 2 do, cuz i'm programmer and at moment sleeping 2 hours per day is a luxury for me :))

thanks,
Larva

Nice, what about the bugs/suggestions I've listed? Will they be looked into seriously? Because they are important.

http://otland.net/f251/poland-pokemon-unleashed-multi-language-99152/index93.html#post1043694

@up
dude plz stop bumping that, the world as the holy bible say, if your catholic.
God take 7 days to create it and till now we are not perfect so be patient :/, they cant do all things you list from one day to other :/

@up
dude plz stop bumping that, the world as the holy bible say, if your catholic.
God take 7 days to create it and till now we are not perfect so be patient :/, they cant do all things you list from one day to other :/

dude I'm trying to help them fix it -.- therefore I will be updating it. So stfu unless your helping too. I want people to report bugs from the BETA like you are suppose to, to help make PU a success.

God damn noobs. If you don't want to see it, don't click on the link.

-.^ i didn't click on it.
its impossible to report bugs since the server isn't play able they have an own forum go there and make a list here and shtf here :D

I like the bug fix thread, atleast someone else is showing they care, and not only spamming about "WHEN ON?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back