• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Polish mourning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to the tragic accident near Smolensk, Russia, where Polish president, Lech Kaczyński together with his wife, Maria and part of government staff (including most of Polish Army chief generals, priests) lost their lives due to aeroplane crash we, OtLand staff want to share the pain with you, as there are many of you between us. 96 people were flying on government's Tupolev 154M, all of them died.

Most of you just won't understand it, because you don't know what Katyn is and what Katyn gonna be now.
Kaczynski, has been traveling with a Polish delegation to Russia for the 70th anniversary of the Soviet massacre of Polish prisoners of war in the village of Katyn. Around 25,000 Poles, including soldiers and civilians, which were the "elite" of Poland, were executed there during World War II.
Though this is an OpenTibia community, we keep to believe in those mature members, which can understand this tragedy.

OtLand staff.
zaloba_04.gif

PS
I am very sad I've wrote this news by myself, but Talaturen, our head admin has no words to comment this.

Last edited:
I said my 'RIPs' on other forums, but not this one. So here it is, RIP.

I have to ask, when do all the head officials fly on the same plane? It's just not smart.

Illuminati.

I don't think michael jackson's death was more tragic than this. This effects an entire NATION.... idiot.

@lostboy, when an entire branch of government flies to visit something as big and important as Katyn, every country does that. What do you think when generals and congressman from the us or russia, or other countries go to visit a historical and political landmark they fly in 30 different planes? That would be a waste of money. Don't you dare insult our intelligence, what are you? american? pff don't talk about intelligence. If you wanna chat about the faggot michael jackson go somewhere else, important people died in this crash... important as in they ran a country, and were brilliant minds, most of whom were also in the solidarity movement. Are you suggesting that the death of Michael JAckson is more important than this? your so fucked up...

@iblue, ill say the same thing to you. When part of the government flies somewhere to visit such an important place as Katyn, they take the same plane. It's like that in all countries, moron.. This is the first time a plane like that has crashed(not the model, but a plane carrying a branch of government.)

Don't talk when you know NOTHING about the United States or Russia.
Also, imagine if you were never born or knew a lot about Poland, would you have a fucking clue who he is? Do you even know who the President of Australia is? How about China? or even Japan and all those big real leading countries of the world? Also, I'll state my point again, he may be very important, perhaps only to the Polish people? What has he done for the world, whilst Michael Jackson changed the musical and entertainment world.

You don't know, but when they die you hear this all around the world.

Australia, well, i don't knw. China is Hu Jintao, Japan is Yukio something. Never really thought so much about Poland's presidency.

It's not even about people from government, if a plane with 96 people would crash there would be mourning anyway. Next year, Katyn will remind us of two tragic histories.

Not really. Depending which country it is, mournings are mostly to be made for propaganda uses. Not always, but mostly.

This is a sad case though, not only because of his death. But because of the immature retards that "hate" polacks in-game, makes fun of his death because his the former polish president.

when I heard about this news, it was indeed sad, may he rest in peace.

It's funny how you differentiated USA and Europe.
USA is full of Europeans, I am actually from Ireland, my father moved here because he found a good damn job.

You assuming that Michael Jackson was a pedophile shows how you suck up to the media. I don't know what the media is like in Poland, but in USA, most if it is all opinionated. Some random mother calls him a pedophile, the media makes it a worldwide news, and people just got sucked into it but didn't even realize the truth. She even sued Michael Jackson, but lost millions of dollars because she had no proof. "Innocent until proven guilty". You should research more on that. Also, I only put Michael Jackson as some example, not just my main point, so let MJ rest. There were many other deaths bigger than this "Kaczynski" dude. Don't say the rest of the world doesn't care. Even an European country bought tickets and broke the record for single day box office in Europe to see Michael Jackson's documentary film: This is it.

Learn what's difference between being fan and being patriot.

Hey Elf its Silentdefender, i saw the news.

People say it was his fualt becasue he said to fly in the fog.

But i wish Poland the best and i hope such thing wont happen again!

This is not important but just to let you guys know..

When i told this to my friend, he said.. LOOL NOW ANYONE CAN GO IN TO POLAND AND KILL THEM ALL, THINK WHAT THE POLACKS WOULD SAY "PLIX NO KIL"

I did not find that funny, and he is not my friend anymore, and insteed of ignoring him, i said to almost everyone in school what he said, (he is the most hated person now)

A similar accident happened in Mexico City last year. The best candidate for becoming the next president was on a plane together with a senator and other political advisors, and suddenly they crashed. :(

It's sad indeed but I don't think it deserves to be an announcement.
It doesn't affect anybody but the Polish people really so why not just post this in the Polish board?

It's not that it isn't sad and deserves mourning, (foreigners can be mournful to a certain point, but that's just out of compassion) it's just that it doesn't affect anybody but the Polaks, so nobody but the Polaks can truly care enough to truly mourn your loss.
I thought one thing when I read about what happened, which I'm sure most of the other people thought as well, and that's "Damn... Well, sucks for them."
Hate to break it to you but Poland isn't a very influential country. If someone like the President of the United States died it would affect the entire world.

I may be being a bit insensitive but it just seems like you want people to feel sorry for you. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I'm just saying that this doesn't deserve to be an announcement. Read every other announcement and you'll see they are all related to OtLand and OT (or holidays). These are things that affect all of us (excluding some holidays, but even then only major ones are posted).

Hope I made my point, don't take it the wrong way.

Anyways,
R.I.P.

I think that this was great to announce. All us computer nerds (refering to myself) rarely watch any tv to see the news. I know that here sweden it was announced on televions and in newspapers, most likely in all other countries in the world. ofcourse I'm not saying that we should start to make announcements everytime something new happend, but in this case I would call it important history. What to bring to the light is always a taste-question. Those in control of the light will weigh the facts, and I don't think this weighs over.

I would've missed this if it hadn't been here.

I don't know how much I could truly mourn for anyone whoever it is unless I really knew that person anyways.
I do get your point Bintzer(except part with only polaks can truly mourn), it's very logical reasoning.

Rest in peace.

Last edited:
It's sad indeed but I don't think it deserves to be an announcement.
It doesn't affect anybody but the Polish people really so why not just post this in the Polish board?

It's not that it isn't sad and deserves mourning, (foreigners can be mournful to a certain point, but that's just out of compassion) it's just that it doesn't affect anybody but the Polaks, so nobody but the Polaks can truly care enough to truly mourn your loss.
I thought one thing when I read about what happened, which I'm sure most of the other people thought as well, and that's "Damn... Well, sucks for them."
Hate to break it to you but Poland isn't a very influential country. If someone like the President of the United States died it would affect the entire world.

I may be being a bit insensitive but it just seems like you want people to feel sorry for you. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I'm just saying that this doesn't deserve to be an announcement. Read every other announcement and you'll see they are all related to OtLand and OT (or holidays). These are things that affect all of us (excluding some holidays, but even then only major ones are posted).

Hope I made my point, don't take it the wrong way.

Anyways,
R.I.P.

+1 :thumbup:

I think that this was great to announce. All us computer nerds (refering to myself) rarely watch any tv to see the news. I know that here sweden it was announced on televions and in newspapers, most likely in all other countries in the world. ofcourse I'm not saying that we should start to make announcements everytime something new happend, but in this case I would call it important history. What to bring to the light is always a taste-question. Those in control of the light will weigh the facts, and I don't think this weighs over.

I would've missed this if it hadn't been here.

I don't know how much I could truly mourn for anyone whoever it is unless I really knew that person anyways.
I do get your point Bintzer(except part with only polaks can truly mourn), it's very logical reasoning.

Rest in peace.

I'm a computer 'geek' and I read the news, not hard to goto a website, I don't need otland for it.

This does affect the world you moron. Poland is in NATO, and the European Union. It's troops are also in the war in Iraq. Poland's votes count as much as any other country in the european union, a polish representative is also the head of the european union. You americans are just so, how do I say this lightly, conceided and ignorant(btw ignorant means uneducated, or misinformed in a certain area, it doesn't mean rude). You think you're the best and the smartest, hate to break it to you, but compared to other countries around the world, the average american is among the ones with the least intelligence. I'm a polish immigrant and have been living here for 12 years, so I know. Poland is part of NATO and the EU which means it is part of a union and when many people from that union die it affects everybody but ofcourse americans are too immature and "cool" to grasp that concept

It affects the world yes, but this is an opentibia forum, post in Discussion, Chit-Chat, Polish board, but it is not a news board. Many bad things happen around the world everyday but I do not see them on otlands news. You realize Haiti Death Toll was 230k? I didn't see any announcement about that.

Nevertheless this is a very tragic event.
R.I.P. Anyone that has died.

Last edited:
It was a topic orginally posted by paxton in chit chat, it was locked and we were told to go to announcements ;p. I think it should be posted here because it's history, this has never happened before. As for Haiti, it should have been posted here.

Sadly there is not enough room to post history here. Please google a news provider for local, national, or international news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back