• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux Server Dropping connection!

Vrotz

Reaction score
Hi,

My server is online and without explanation or any kind of message on the console, All players lose their connection with him. Im also unable to connect to the server..
It's not my normal internet and a DDoS attack. The server are online and simply be with 20 hours, 44 hours, 70 hours, 120 hours or 2 hours or 30 minutes. He decides. He drop the connection with all and reestablishes until I open again.

And look, when this happened, the players of otserverlist.org go to zero (offline). This count will last until I shutdown the server and open it again.

Last edited:
it sounds like a MYSQL time-out.
you need to restart the OT because most OT's online have only a MYSQL-reconnect in the start of the game.

this is a common issue of suddenly no MYSQL is used during a period of time, etc that nobody login/logout from the game for an hour or something.
if this is the case, you can make a simple script that will check anything in the database once every 5 minutes or so, to avoid time-out.
it could be a script that look for a player's name or anything really.. just so the game fetch some MYSQL-results once in a while :)

This happens with players online .. Ins't a time-out-mysql

There can still be players online while there's a MYSQL time-out.
Nobody gets kicked just because MYSQL dies.

Try it.. the hint is that the character doesn't save if MYSQL isn't online.
And nobody can reach character list while MYSQL isn't online.
But you can still be online if you logged in before MYSQL died.

you contact with he support?, becuse on my old vps company i have the same problem (lose conection), i contact the support and he found a error on conecction and give to me more days >. <

@Vrotz You need to check yourself.
Just because you are frustrated with the problem does not mean that people helping you need to deal with your bullshit/temper.
We are here to help you with your problem. Do not be rude/ignorant to the people who are trying to assist you.
If the problem still exists after trying someone's possible solution, thank them, and ask politely for another possible solution.
We are here for various reasons and we do not need to help you in any way. We are here because we choose to be.

I have seen various possible solutions to your problem, and have seen no effort on your part to try out these solutions, or report back on them.
You have completely disregarded everyone's opinion if it is different then your own.
I suggest trying the solutions that have been posted thus far, even if you think it may be /stupid/redundant/not probable.

If your attitude persists I suggest a moderator simply close this thread.

-- Xikini

@Vrotz You need to check yourself.
Just because you are frustrated with the problem does not mean that people helping you need to deal with your bullshit/temper.
We are here to help you with your problem. Do not be rude/ignorant to the people who are trying to assist you.
If the problem still exists after trying someone's possible solution, thank them, and ask politely for another possible solution.
We are here for various reasons and we do not need to help you in any way. We are here because we choose to be.

I have seen various possible solutions to your problem, and have seen no effort on your part to try out these solutions, or report back on them.
You have completely disregarded everyone's opinion if it is different then your own.
I suggest trying the solutions that have been posted thus far, even if you think it may be /stupid/redundant/not probable.

If your attitude persists I suggest a moderator simply close this thread.

-- Xikini

What do u mean bro? Sorry...

Bump....

Bumping my post .........

BUMP.............

Bump

Last edited by a moderator:
It might just be something wrong with internet provider, if i was you call them say that your website & game server drops and goes offline and see if there is a problem with it, if not its something not related to your internet connection, if you do that ill help you from there.

Back