• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Siegh's Mapping Thread [Thronar]

Thank you, now that you mentioned, I may use some more gravel on the streets to increase the abandoned feeling. The chimney is nothing new I believe, I dont know if someone did it before but it looks great!

@Limos

Time for new pics:

78178726.png

58843399.png

52954979.png

44572245.png

Finally I can comment ;D
I didn't like too much the house, the mossy stuufs looks bad with those wooden walls, those stuffs you used on the roof don't fit, use the other ones.
And WHY, WHY WHY WHY are you still using rock soil on the dirt ground? ;(

72698127.png

Credits to (probably) Neon for the blue light idea

Amazing ;D!

Between, I know you miss my comments [x
Good luck Sgh!

Last edited:
@Up:
Hehe, thanks. Your comments are always welcome!
I will stick to these rocky stuff on my roads, I just love them like this =p. About the moss, I think they fit so perfectly! Even the space between the planks fits well with the moss... the grass on the roof, yes that was just a try but I decided to leave them anyway. Might feel like removing tho.

Finally something new:
10688188.png

42122289.png

45671969.png

I tried using darker dirt but it became too much of brown. I mean, this wooden wall is already dark, I like it more the way it is.

And you already liked it anyway :p thanks!

I don't like the new walls but in your piece they look really good =) Keep it up, cause its very nice =)

Thanks, I tho it was nothing special even tho I took some time detailing. Good to know that you guys liked it, hehe.

Sorry for the inactivity here, since Im not mapping much lately, Im not able to post anything new atm.

But anyway, Ive edited the first post with samples of my best works that are "hidden" amon this thread pages, hope you like it.

I like the bridge with the white pillars with banners hanging near the beginning of the thread. The cathedral is bomb as hell from roof to dungeon. GREAT job on that. Pleasant nature. I agree with Prest on the ruined bridge. That shit is epic.

Exciting minimap! I like that it's surrounded by mountains instead of bodies of water- gives it a nice broad continental feel. I feel weird calling my islands continents when they're probably realistically about a mile wide lol.

Chimneys also look great imo with id 8684/8685 just in front of them.

Overall an extremely impressive compilation of works. :D Kept me interested through the entire thread which is quite a feat given my attention span.

You should add this one.

Added due to your request even tho I think that its not that great.

I like the bridge with the white pillars with banners hanging near the beginning of the thread. The cathedral is bomb as hell from roof to dungeon. GREAT job on that. Pleasant nature. I agree with Prest on the ruined bridge. That shit is epic.

Exciting minimap! I like that it's surrounded by mountains instead of bodies of water- gives it a nice broad continental feel. I feel weird calling my islands continents when they're probably realistically about a mile wide lol.

Chimneys also look great imo with id 8684/8685 just in front of them.

Overall an extremely impressive compilation of works. :D Kept me interested through the entire thread which is quite a feat given my attention span.

Thank you, these are the kind of comments that encourages me to keep mapping XD

Thanks hiper! But cmom, cant I get some more comments? =p

Lets see with these ones:

30318718.png

34619403.png

Simple, clean and realistic. I only don't like the brown (house and the squares around the pig) pieces on the last picture. I also think the boar and the other creature missplaced.

Thanks, but you mean the dark wood sprites or the way they are built? About the boars, I wanted to put some out of common creatures there so, thats what came in mind, but its only a small mountain entrance and not a major spawn.

A bit more:

57565658.png

39074077.png

73847882.png

Here is the mini-map progression. I know it doesnt looks too different, but its a considerable advance!

Edit: Removed Mini-Map

Last edited:
Back