• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.0 Multi worlds

Vanderlay

Back on track
Premium User
Reaction score
Hello folks,

I've seen some threads around before about Elf having multi-worlds on TFS 0.3 I think and a lot of people wanted that feature(I'm not sure if he ever released it).

Anyway, I recently had a need to host several servers on the same host, as I couldn't get another host, so I decided to make TFS 1.0 compatible with multi worlds.

So this is how it works for now:
You got 1 host running multiple servers(.exe files).
One server has all the default settings, we can call this the "Main server".
The other servers are using its own data folder and its own config file.
The other servers are set up with different login, game and status ports.
In the main servers config, you define the other servers server names, ports and which database they should use. This allows each server to even run on a different database, making the servers entirely separated from each other.

So when you login, you get a multi world selection of characters, working exactly like it does on real tibia with different worlds.

This system is working 100% right now for my own needs, but I'm wondering if this is a feature the community would like me to share, and if so, I'd rewrite a few things to make it easier to install and easier to configure.

Note:
For these things to work properly you will have to edit the source files and compile it, and alter your main servers config.

Now, this feature is not the ultimate thing to do. What I would like to have in a final version would to have a separate .exe file which is just running the login server, but for now, this will do.

Please post your feedback!

Thanks,
Vanderlay

I've already discussed this feature with Mark and we agreed that it shouldn't be officially implemented into TFS as its functionality isn't optimal yet.
It might come up later if the login server would be separated from the server.

This would be really cool if the login server gets separated from the rest of the server.

Having a separate login server(an even removing it altogether from the server core) would sort of be what the 1.x line strives to be. An absolute minimalist server. Someone could deploy several "cores" to different servers and have a central login point for several characters across several worlds.

I really like this idea.

Last edited:
Having a separate login server(an even removing it altogether from the server core) would sort of be what the 1.x line strives to be. An absolute minimalist server. Someone could deploy several "cores" to different servers and have a central login pint for several characters across several worlds.

I really like this idea.
True.

Sorry to bring up old thread but did this get released?

Imo this is already possible just setup a login server (There's one in Tools or make your own) with multiple game server IP addresses and ports, and run multiple TFS servers each on it's own port, voila.

Imo this is already possible just setup a login server (There's one in Tools or make your own) with multiple game server IP addresses and ports, and run multiple TFS servers each on it's own port, voila.
I did think about doing it this way... I dunno i was hoping i could of had it the way summit mentioned. seems much cleaner. Thanks though =)

Back