• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia Flash Client Experiment

Beo

Three Magic
Solutions
Reaction score
I found this from the Interview between a CM and Cipsofts Head Programmer.
Tibia - Free Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game - News

CMs: You said "experimental" Flash client - what's up with that? Are we making any progress?

Akananto
: First of all, I want to state that nothing is set in stone yet and that the Tibia Flash client is still an internal experiment at CipSoft. We do see big chances and possibilities by providing a Tibia client based on Flash technology.
When we had that idea, we began several tests to see whether it would be possible from a technical point of view, and all turned out positive. So a programmer was hired who is now working full time on it. We can already see some progress on our internal test server. For example, the login works already, characters are set on the correct game worlds, and the world itself is already being displayed correctly: landscape, creatures, effects, speech bubbles and even some cool new stuff which the current Tibia does not have. Also the chat system works quite alright already.
However, movement and interaction is still severely limited – there is a lot more work ahead of us. We have also hit some unexpected problems with hotkeys and ingame context menus, but we are evaluating everything and we will try to find solutions for all problems. If we succeed, there will be a Flash client. If we don't, there won't. We are very dedicated to make the Tibia Flash client happen, in our minds it is a really great project, but it is too early to guarantee that we will really succeed.

What are your views?

I found this from the Interview between a CM and Cipsofts Head Programmer.
Tibia - Free Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game - News

What are your views?

Tibiabot NG, Elfbot NG, BlackD Proxy, Asta Magebomb, and the others..

Are going to have a drop in buisness since noone has attempted to hook into a flash tibia client...
Simply because it has never been done before, or released.

This client might be the start of Tibia 3D soon, due to
flash now gives me so much more space to work with..

I will be quitting if tibia ever does go 3d though... Due to the fact
the 2D is what i play for, it makes it unique and it's what makes
the pvp interesting, you dont see someone wave there arms,
and a beam of light goes and does damage (like in WoW).

Tibia needs an update. I mean look at it, it's not even pvp. Runing around with 2 spells. No talent builds, not much "skilling", if you know what I mean.
You can't make your own character, everyone have the same characters when its lvl 100, 30, 20 ~~. And that sucks.

Tibia needs an update. I mean look at it, it's not even pvp. Runing around with 2 spells. No talent builds, not much "skilling", if you know what I mean.
You can't make your own character, everyone have the same characters when its lvl 100, 30, 20 ~~. And that sucks.

They just need to change the whole "spell category" in general..

Theres getting to be too many high levels for same spells we've had
for the last 2 years?

More AoE, or just damage spells in general, what they need to do,
is incorporate some of the ideas from OT's, Some OT's have features that
would really work well and go great with tibia:
The upgrade system [extra armor/attack on items],
Item makers [from: unline, it makes your armor have abilities],
Fast attack upgrades [fast attack, and lower attack by like 3],
Teleport commands [almost every server],

In general, tibia could improve in alot of things, but
wasting resources on a flash client when everyone loves the current client,
They should work on content more than anything, and there "content team"
just focus's on monsters, and areas, quests, Thats great and all,
but lets face it, the longer the quest, the more detoured people are from doing it,
harder monsters just keeps high levels going....

If they added new spells, it would be great! Especially with this
new non-pvp guild wars system thing going... It would encourage
more pvp than botting...

Yeah, CIP needs to work on the Tibia content, besides the client. I believe that once a flash client is out, CIP would not need to ever worry about botters anymore, though.

I mean, I myself, being 16 have had numerous people tell me that the PvP system I developed (and vocation system) is much better than what CIP has going on right now.

Red

Yeah, CIP needs to work on the Tibia content, besides the client. I believe that once a flash client is out, CIP would not need to ever worry about botters anymore, though.

I mean, I myself, being 16 have had numerous people tell me that the PvP system I developed (and vocation system) is much better than what CIP has going on right now.

Red

Red, not to rant, but cyntara is only going to last this time,
due to rebirth system [which should be implemented in real tibia]..

I played before big reset, "Crazy Epidemic".

Anyway @post,

It would not take care of botters, they'd just have to find,
a new way to hook onto the process's.... Being designed hacks,
for Soldierfront 3D game that has one of the greatest anti hacks..

Its so easy to dll inject, or hook onto certain strings..
Bypassing anything is possible...

Most secure things are:
10% Secure
20% Vulnerable
40% Hackable
and 30% Bug-able....

Thats for any game that continues to develop....

When they make a Flash client they wont remove the old client -.-

It will be both

So you can like at home download it and play but if you play on example a INternet cafe or some place that's not your computer then you can just play directly from Tibia - Free Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game - MMORPG if you want.

AND WTF why did you start talking about 3d?

You are all wrong, infact I think you would see more bots available out there. Flash is easier to modify then an actual program, there is alot more people knowing how to modify a flash client then a normal client.
Just look at the amount of people cheating in Otland games.
Plus, having a Flash client for such a big game will probarly suck alot seeing since that it would need alot more internet. It will need to load the map and sprites all the time.

well, i do not know about a shit about flash and that. But the point is:
*i bot on ots bcuz everybody else does. one guy with no bot vs on with bot. the botter wins for sure... if botting would be removed, i would play rl tibia. or i think i would.

yes is true the Flash is more customizable and more Hackable :S, this theme can be affected for ever to Cipsoft.
Can will be Massives Retired :s. i Retired now because i was hacked and Banned. but see only notices.

yes is true the Flash is more customizable and more Hackable :S, this theme can be affected for ever to Cipsoft.
Can will be Massives Retired :s. i Retired now because i was hacked and Banned. but see only notices.

You don't know shit.

You can't upload it lol, you play it straight from the browser, there's no downloading.
I'll show you the whole starting process in a while.

You are all wrong, infact I think you would see more bots available out there. Flash is easier to modify then an actual program, there is alot more people knowing how to modify a flash client then a normal client.
Just look at the amount of people cheating in Otland games.
Plus, having a Flash client for such a big game will probarly suck alot seeing since that it would need alot more internet. It will need to load the map and sprites all the time.

Actually you are wrong. Cheating in Arcade games is easy when those games send the scores to a datacenter (but this game send only the scores AFTER you have played), you can do that with a simple CheatEngine client. In MMORPG Flash Games that is not supposed to happen, since there is a server behind that.
About loading all the time, that doesn't happen too, if they plan to make browser based probably each interface will be splited, so you will have to load as soon as you use it for the first time (i'm ignoring the fact that some few users deletes the cache everytime). I don't know, but i think this will not be a browser game, so it can work with Adobe Flex, Actionscript3 and stuff like that. If i am correct, i don't think this will be tricky.

Tibiabot NG, Elfbot NG, BlackD Proxy, Asta Magebomb, and the others..

Are going to have a drop in buisness since noone has attempted to hook into a flash tibia client...
Simply because it has never been done before, or released.

Dude the new bot's dont even need hooks? They are using mouse hooks and keyboard hooks of the computer itself. So like ghostbot NG, Neobot still works since they only have to change the coordinates of the mouse and keyboard options etc. No hooks?

Back