• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

@ update

NoHave

•.•
Reaction score
is this update a joke or what? why did you have to ruin the ot? this update is the reason I started playing here instead of rl.

dont be like cipsoft, please.

I assume this is about the speed formula changes, and I'm not really a fan of it either, but the logarithmic formula is used in the client too so it's not easy to use the old speed formula with the new client. I don't know if players will adapt to this or if we'll have to rework it, but for now we're leaving it as it is until at least the next server save.

I assume this is about the speed formula changes, and I'm not really a fan of it either, but the logarithmic formula is used in the client too so it's not easy to use the old speed formula with the new client. I don't know if players will adapt to this or if we'll have to rework it, but for now we're leaving it as it is until at least the next server save.

<phew> I thought that you WANTED to keep the speed shit, my rl ran away from me on a 105 ed yesterday on real tibia while I was on a 230 rp, I xloged, it's bullshit

If this isn't fixed in a matter of days, most of us will quit. I'd rather see you downgraded to your old version again until you've got a fix for it.

If this isn't fixed in a matter of days, most of us will quit. I'd rather see you downgraded to your old version again until you've got a fix for it.

he knows how to fix it, there's no need to 'downgrade' :p We'll have to be slow for 1-2 days

Reback formulas, this ot lost after this update... totally agreen, "Utani gran hur" and move very slow? ;O

@up
true, iam runing with my 220 ms with boh + gran hur + mount like a slug , wtf...

Whats the point of changing the speed? How are you supposed to run away from pks? Lol this is why i play ot, cuz RL is getting ruined by cipsoft. Please get back the older client.

Just back to the fucking 9.71.... Fuck 9.8 Tibia... I you won't do that this ot will be shit like a RL Tibia... -.-

Fuck Dash ;>
i like this ;+
its slow but,...there wont be guys who not dies cuz he have a fucking strong dash speed
;>
u dont want be caught? there's a so userfull rune called "magic wall rune"

I actually don't mind the new speed.

Whether you dash or not; it makes no difference now. This makes fights more fun too. I mean, who enjoys running after a 280+ char with haste? No way you can catch him, whether you also use dash or not.

On the actual update I do have complaints..
I mean; is this all you did in the past month?

Updating venore might have took some time, but what about these minor, not to mention useless, updates?
1. Demon outfit --> who cares?
2. Can go to Kazordoon by carpet --> does that take 1 month to fix?
3. The ore wagons in Kazordoon are extended --> who cares?
4. New hunting grounds in Kazordoon --> who hunts on fucking dwarven guards in an OT?
5. Fixed carpet transcripts --> they were working fine?
6. Added Sea Serpents shit to quest log --> does that take 1 month?
7. Changed the Sea Serpent quest with bait shit --> does that take 1 month?
8. Children of the Revolution Quest --> only 4 missions? and no WOTE quest, so it's useless atm? I mean wtf?
9. New chars start with 5 mana --> who the fuck cares?
10. Corrected pz zone at sea serpent boat --> good job, finally!

And all the other minor things are just small changes which should've been on daily or weekly updates, not on a BIG update like this.

To be honest I'm kind of dissapointed in the staff for this. I expected a lot more.

<phew> I thought that you WANTED to keep the speed shit, my rl ran away from me on a 105 ed yesterday on real tibia while I was on a 230 rp, I xloged, it's bullshit

Not my foult ur a slowass on ur rp :(!

- - - Updated - - -

Whats the point of changing the speed? How are you supposed to run away from pks? Lol this is why i play ot, cuz RL is getting ruined by cipsoft. Please get back the older client.

This actually make's you need some skills to get away from the pks, Not just dashing away but i suppose every Magebotting "skilled" players getting problems now.

The speed thing aint a bad thing. I don't mind that everyone is slower but its bullshit that level <175 are faster than higher levels; that's just complete bullshit.

Well now the server starts like just to get up fast to 100 and go pk i dont see any more ideas about it.

I actually don't mind the new speed.

Whether you dash or not; it makes no difference now. This makes fights more fun too. I mean, who enjoys running after a 280+ char with haste? No way you can catch him, whether you also use dash or not.

On the actual update I do have complaints..
I mean; is this all you did in the past month?

Updating venore might have took some time, but what about these minor, not to mention useless, updates?
1. Demon outfit --> who cares?
2. Can go to Kazordoon by carpet --> does that take 1 month to fix?
3. The ore wagons in Kazordoon are extended --> who cares?
4. New hunting grounds in Kazordoon --> who hunts on fucking dwarven guards in an OT?
5. Fixed carpet transcripts --> they were working fine?
6. Added Sea Serpents shit to quest log --> does that take 1 month?
7. Changed the Sea Serpent quest with bait shit --> does that take 1 month?
8. Children of the Revolution Quest --> only 4 missions? and no WOTE quest, so it's useless atm? I mean wtf?
9. New chars start with 5 mana --> who the fuck cares?
10. Corrected pz zone at sea serpent boat --> good job, finally!

And all the other minor things are just small changes which should've been on daily or weekly updates, not on a BIG update like this.

To be honest I'm kind of dissapointed in the staff for this. I expected a lot more.

The thing that makes me sad is how extremely ignorant you are and how limited your point of view is. First of all, things take time. It takes shitload of time. We face problems, issues and things go extremely wrong sometimes. For example, during the work with this update, every monster added after Quirefang, along with most of the NPC's on our map disappeared because of a bug in the mapeditor. Something that we couldn't do anything to prevent, and took us first of all, days to notice, and then some hours to fix.

For the most stupid points on your list:
1. Most of you do enjoy getting new outfits and addons, I can't see why on earth you would complain on that.
4. If you would keep on reading, you would see "four of the mines have been inhabited by The Lost at the deeper floors." The lost are creatures with 1200-4400 experience, which could be somewhat comparable with the monsters found in the Hive. (I'm not saying that they are, just that is what the experience tells me.) One of the monsters classified as "The Lost" can since earlier be found in Warzones 2 and 3. The caves has also been extended, and you can reach most of them from Carlin. A new hunting ground with Dragons and Dragon Lords can also be found close to Carlin, which might not attract you, but everyone starts at level 1, which you might know.

Generally, no, ONE THING does not alone take one month, but many things put together do take time. We can't just snap our fingers to make things exactly how we want them, it's a process. Every. Little. Thing. Takes. Time. Both Mark and I have real lives, where we go to school, have jobs and friends. We don't have 24 hours a day to put in working on this server, but we put a lot more time than most other OT-owners. During this last week before the update, I sometimes got 3-4 hours of sleep because I was sitting up late fixing things.

So please, we don't ask you to love exactly everything that we do, but seriously, don't underestimate the work we actually do.

Back