• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

@ update

Dont be a dick Ice Meto. - They said that they were gonna update it to 9.8 all the time and take care of the other things later?

Good work with getting the new update here, big ups to you guys! but now please fix the speed and look into some of the bugs in "bug reports" and try to fix them!

The thing that makes me sad is how extremely ignorant you are and how limited your point of view is. First of all, things take time. It takes shitload of time. We face problems, issues and things go extremely wrong sometimes. For example, during the work with this update, every monster added after Quirefang, along with most of the NPC's on our map disappeared because of a bug in the mapeditor. Something that we couldn't do anything to prevent, and took us first of all, days to notice, and then some hours to fix.

For the most stupid points on your list:
1. Most of you do enjoy getting new outfits and addons, I can't see why on earth you would complain on that.
4. If you would keep on reading, you would see "four of the mines have been inhabited by The Lost at the deeper floors." The lost are creatures with 1200-4400 experience, which could be somewhat comparable with the monsters found in the Hive. (I'm not saying that they are, just that is what the experience tells me.) One of the monsters classified as "The Lost" can since earlier be found in Warzones 2 and 3. The caves has also been extended, and you can reach most of them from Carlin. A new hunting ground with Dragons and Dragon Lords can also be found close to Carlin, which might not attract you, but everyone starts at level 1, which you might know.

Generally, no, ONE THING does not alone take one month, but many things put together do take time. We can't just snap our fingers to make things exactly how we want them, it's a process. Every. Little. Thing. Takes. Time. Both Mark and I have real lives, where we go to school, have jobs and friends. We don't have 24 hours a day to put in working on this server, but we put a lot more time than most other OT-owners. During this last week before the update, I sometimes got 3-4 hours of sleep because I was sitting up late fixing things.

So please, we don't ask you to love exactly everything that we do, but seriously, don't underestimate the work we actually do.

I might have been wrong about the spawns in Kazordoon, as in which I don't know what new monsters there are up there, but as you can see I did not say anything bad about adding the new monsters. But sure, anyone feel free to blame me for not knowing that.

About the dragon spawn in Carlin; that is not on your list of whats being updated.

You mentioned you would not do minor updates because there's "one big thing" coming. So do not break me down on that argument, because these are all minor things, besides the Children's quest and the new monsters thingies in Kazordoon. People have been complaining about not having updates anymore, but you told them there would be 1 big update.

And tell me one other thing. If you are so busy with your real life, friends, schools & jobs etc; why don't you consider BUYING the WotE quests from some scripter then? Many people have mentioned this on the forums, yet no reactions from your side to that.

All in all I can't understand why you're feeling so offended. If you take a poll and ask how satisfied people are with what you have made the last month I highly doubt more than half would feel happy, looking at the time/satisfaction ratio.

Dont be a dick Ice Meto. - They said that they were gonna update it to 9.8 all the time and take care of the other things later?

Good work with getting the new update here, big ups to you guys! but now please fix the speed and look into some of the bugs in "bug reports" and try to fix them!

As far as I know they promised to add WotE quest & Children's of the Revelution Quest. They explain on the website they are going to change the speed thingy but they don't explain how. And what is the most important on a successfull server? That they actually listen to people. And that's not what they're doing now. There should be a poll section where the players of this server can decide what should be changed on the speed thingy now.

And I'm not being a dick, I'm just stating the obvious.

As far as I know they promised to add WotE quest & Children's of the Revelution Quest. They explain on the website they are going to change the speed thingy but they don't explain how. And what is the most important on a successfull server? That they actually listen to people. And that's not what they're doing now. There should be a poll section where the players of this server can decide what should be changed on the speed thingy now.

And I'm not being a dick, I'm just stating the obvious.

Okay Captain Obvious, let's see how easy the stuff we are working on actually are. It seems like everything we've done can be done in one day according do you, but yet I doubt you have any idea how to even begin with half of the things. I'll leave this problem to you, if you have a good enough solution before the next server save the speed formula will be linear again and I'll also reward you with 500 shop coins (or anyone else who accepts this challenge and posts the best solution).

The problem:
Because the speed formula in the client is now being calculated using a logarithmic formula, that makes it harder for us to make it linear. What do we have to work with?

A function that uses this calculation for the movement speed:
round(A * log(SPEED + B) + C)

Input to this function is only SPEED, it should be sent as a value between 0 and 65535 (no decimal point) and you must know which speed (so you can manipulate it before you send it, but you must know what it originally was meant to represent) value it represents and the result of that calculation should be the speed value that it represents (i.e. you can input 5000, claim that it represents 200 and if the result of that calculation is 200 then that's good enough if it works for other numbers between 50 and 900 as result too).

The variables A, B and C can be decided by you, and can be pretty much any value (can have decimal point), but you can only set them once, after you've set them you can't change them.

Now please provide me with the best values for A, B and C, where we can send a value between 0 and 65535 to this function and have it return the speed value that we want (between 50 and 900).

Let me know if anything is unclear and I'll try to explain it better. round is basically rounding up or down to the closest integer. log is natural logarithm.

Well, this server is one of the best, if not the best. But i really think the new formula of speed was really unwanted. The update was great, but what mars is speed. I would rather the speed back to what it used if be possible, and i think most players want it, but if not, congratulations on the job. ^_^

i got the best solution , rework on speed formulas so every char has the same speed , no matter what level the character is , so it'll be fun.

crap crap carp!!! The monster will outrun our mages/pallys and monsters like medusa, hydra and shit that does paralyses will be to hard to kill.. What a bullshit this is ..!

and a 110 will outrun a 250? big lol.. Wtf is wrong with cipsoft..

Okay Captain Obvious, let's see how easy the stuff we are working on actually are. It seems like everything we've done can be done in one day according do you, but yet I doubt you have any idea how to even begin with half of the things. I'll leave this problem to you, if you have a good enough solution before the next server save the speed formula will be linear again and I'll also reward you with 500 shop coins (or anyone else who accepts this challenge and posts the best solution).

The problem:
Because the speed formula in the client is now being calculated using a logarithmic formula, that makes it harder for us to make it linear. What do we have to work with?

A function that uses this calculation for the movement speed:
round(A * log(SPEED + B) + C)

Input to this function is only SPEED, it should be sent as a value between 0 and 65535 (no decimal point) and you must know which speed (so you can manipulate it before you send it, but you must know what it originally was meant to represent) value it represents and the result of that calculation should be the speed value that it represents (i.e. you can input 5000, claim that it represents 200 and if the result of that calculation is 200 then that's good enough if it works for other numbers between 50 and 900 as result too).

The variables A, B and C can be decided by you, and can be pretty much any value (can have decimal point), but you can only set them once, after you've set them you can't change them.

Now please provide me with the best values for A, B and C, where we can send a value between 0 and 65535 to this function and have it return the speed value that we want (between 50 and 900).

Let me know if anything is unclear and I'll try to explain it better. round is basically rounding up or down to the closest integer. log is natural logarithm.

Won't bother going into these things. Codewise I can't help you, and that's what you require.

I can however tell you how it should be, and that would as follows;
- a good point is that dashing makes no difference now, which makes everything more fair (+)
- a bad thing is that lower levelled characters can now actually keep up or be faster than high levelled characters (-)

It seems to me then, that the solution is to keep the dashing impossible and decrease the speed (as I think its a good thing; coming back to my statement of chasing a 280+ with haste & dash) of all characters, as a % of their previous speed.

Code wise its up to you to figure this out.

And I don't appreciate being called Captain Obvious. I never said scripting or anything like that would be easy.

Also there's no shame in admitting you didn't have enough time or you didn't spend enough time. Its being appreciated much more if you're honest. Besides; you and yourself only have made this update a too big expectation for everyone, seeing how the reactions are.

Won't bother going into these things. Codewise I can't help you, and that's what you require.

I can however tell you how it should be, and that would as follows;
- a good point is that dashing makes no difference now, which makes everything more fair (+)
- a bad thing is that lower levelled characters can now actually keep up or be faster than high levelled characters (-)

It seems to me then, that the solution is to keep the dashing impossible and decrease the speed (as I think its a good thing; coming back to my statement of chasing a 280+ with haste & dash) of all characters, as a % of their previous speed.

Code wise its up to you to figure this out.

And I don't appreciate being called Captain Obvious. I never said scripting or anything like that would be easy.

Also there's no shame in admitting you didn't have enough time or you didn't spend enough time. Its being appreciated much more if you're honest. Besides; you and yourself only have made this update a too big expectation for everyone, seeing how the reactions are.

I don't need help codewise, it's more about the math to achieve antilog with the limitation of sending a speed value between 0 and 65535.

And I don't like having someone with very little knowledge about how much time we have spent on the update to judge us. We have spent a lot of time on it, and most people are upset because of one of the changes (the speed changes). Only getting that part to work properly (might be the wrong word, maybe "correct" as in the relation to how it works in real Tibia right now) took around two days. Now that was only one of the changes, start adding it all together, or think about how long it would take you to map all these things? Do you even know how much has changed in the update? There are so many things that people don't even notice, but things that we have spent a lot of time on, such as item names. There are over 4000 new objects, almost all of them need a name. They also need attributes. They need to be tested afterwards. We need to know which ID an item has when we check it on real Tibia. Now that's only the speed change and items, items have been worked on for ~2-3 weeks, but of course we work on other things at the same time. We need to add the new items to NPCs, we need to add them as loot, but to add them as loot we must have the new monsters first. It takes quite some time to add the monsters, we need to give them accurate abilities, speed, resistances, fix so their corpses decay properly, etc. There's the elevator at Rafzan, that one took some time to script properly too. You need to know which ID's to move, which ID's to replace. How to handle situations where a player is standing in the way, or if two players are standing in the elevator, or if the elevator is on the wrong floor and more. Now I haven't even mentioned the map changes, a whole new Venore, completely new areas south and east of Venore, extended Kazordoon city mines, all the dwarven mines were revamped with new stronger monsters at the deeper floors. New carpet in Kazordoon (meaning all carpet NPC's must be updated so they can travel there too), new ore wagons, new NPCs that sell tickets, Children of the Revolution quest with 4 missions, the Sea Serpent boat changes, and a lot more.

Do you seriously think we did all this in the last week? The reactions are what they are because of the speed changes, I don't blame the players because I dislike the speed changes too. Let's also compare us to CipSoft. They had a testserver with a lot of invited players to test their changes, we were never more than 5 players on our test server. They had to empty all houses in Venore, we didn't have to do that because we know how to handle a situation like this (okay, we did have a crash right when the server started, but we saved everything and fixed it, so not that big of a deal). Free account players could travel to premium areas. The experience share was completely bugged and players were receiving way more experience than they should have. Furniture that can't be moved. There are some bugs on ShadowCores right now but all being fixed by tomorrows server save, and definitely not as serious as the issues CipSoft had. There will still be the speed formula issue, and as soon as we have a solid way of fixing it we will apply a patch to do so but until then it will stay like this.

If you think all this is easy, I can prove that it will take other servers a lot more time by not sharing any of my work and we'll see when the next 9.8 server with all the changes we have show up. I can bet on that you won't even see one that gets close to what we have achieved in this update for a long time (definitely not this month).

Ice Meto, if you think you can do a better job than what the team is doing here, go make your own otserv and we'll see if its as bugfree as this one.

Dick

^ no need to be like that. Ice meto just gave you some negative feedback as he feels disappointed with the update like a lot of people there. So what that you are working hard? you are doing it for the players not yourselves so dont bother giving that bullshit with the 9.8update which wasnt necessary. I mean who the fuck is going to hunt the new coryms? There are far more important things you need to focus on rather than some stupid minor bullshit things.

Ice Meto, if you think you can do a better job than what the team is doing here, go make your own otserv and we'll see if its as bugfree as this one.

Dick

You cant say that, he is a player who gave them criticism, ddidnt read his post but folks gotta keep in mind that this is an OT runned by few people, almost doing as much as CipSoft are >,<

I don't need help codewise, it's more about the math to achieve antilog with the limitation of sending a speed value between 0 and 65535.

And I don't like having someone with very little knowledge about how much time we have spent on the update to judge us. We have spent a lot of time on it, and most people are upset because of one of the changes (the speed changes). Only getting that part to work properly (might be the wrong word, maybe "correct" as in the relation to how it works in real Tibia right now) took around two days. Now that was only one of the changes, start adding it all together, or think about how long it would take you to map all these things? Do you even know how much has changed in the update? There are so many things that people don't even notice, but things that we have spent a lot of time on, such as item names. There are over 4000 new objects, almost all of them need a name. They also need attributes. They need to be tested afterwards. We need to know which ID an item has when we check it on real Tibia. Now that's only the speed change and items, items have been worked on for ~2-3 weeks, but of course we work on other things at the same time. We need to add the new items to NPCs, we need to add them as loot, but to add them as loot we must have the new monsters first. It takes quite some time to add the monsters, we need to give them accurate abilities, speed, resistances, fix so their corpses decay properly, etc. There's the elevator at Rafzan, that one took some time to script properly too. You need to know which ID's to move, which ID's to replace. How to handle situations where a player is standing in the way, or if two players are standing in the elevator, or if the elevator is on the wrong floor and more. Now I haven't even mentioned the map changes, a whole new Venore, completely new areas south and east of Venore, extended Kazordoon city mines, all the dwarven mines were revamped with new stronger monsters at the deeper floors. New carpet in Kazordoon (meaning all carpet NPC's must be updated so they can travel there too), new ore wagons, new NPCs that sell tickets, Children of the Revolution quest with 4 missions, the Sea Serpent boat changes, and a lot more.

Do you seriously think we did all this in the last week? The reactions are what they are because of the speed changes, I don't blame the players because I dislike the speed changes too. Let's also compare us to CipSoft. They had a testserver with a lot of invited players to test their changes, we were never more than 5 players on our test server. They had to empty all houses in Venore, we didn't have to do that because we know how to handle a situation like this (okay, we did have a crash right when the server started, but we saved everything and fixed it, so not that big of a deal). Free account players could travel to premium areas. The experience share was completely bugged and players were receiving way more experience than they should have. Furniture that can't be moved. There are some bugs on ShadowCores right now but all being fixed by tomorrows server save, and definitely not as serious as the issues CipSoft had. There will still be the speed formula issue, and as soon as we have a solid way of fixing it we will apply a patch to do so but until then it will stay like this.

If you think all this is easy, I can prove that it will take other servers a lot more time by not sharing any of my work and we'll see when the next 9.8 server with all the changes we have show up. I can bet on that you won't even see one that gets close to what we have achieved in this update for a long time (definitely not this month).

So why do you so desperately want to be the first one? The first aint always the best. Not to mention you're 9.7~ versions weren't up to date because of not having WotE & Children's of the Revelution Quest in it.

But suit yourself. It's your OT and I'm not saying you did a bad job on the whole OT. Simply stating my opinion that's this update was kinda useless & rubbish, if you ask me.

Are you retarded? Already mentioned that I can't help him codewise, so thats the point of making my own ot?

Dick

So why do you so desperately want to be the first one? The first aint always the best. Not to mention you're 9.7~ versions weren't up to date because of not having WotE & Children's of the Revelution Quest in it.

But suit yourself. It's your OT and I'm not saying you did a bad job on the whole OT. Simply stating my opinion that's this update was kinda useless & rubbish, if you ask me.

It's not about being the first one, it's about being up to date with the latest client version (what I said about others not going to be updating to 9.8 in the soon future was to explain how much work it actually requires), and the changes are things people expect with the update so I rather work on that along with the client update than launching a client update with Wrath of the Emperor instead. So now we don't have to worry much about the recent changes, but we can continue working on what we were working on before the update (Children of the Revolution and Wrath of the Emperor) instead.

Hahahah random excuse cus bad. That is all math, no coding.
Math = logic
You deny math = deny logic = dont post anymore

It's not about being the first one, it's about being up to date with the latest client version (what I said about others not going to be updating to 9.8 in the soon future was to explain how much work it actually requires), and the changes are things people expect with the update so I rather work on that along with the client update than launching a client update with Wrath of the Emperor instead. So now we don't have to worry much about the recent changes, but we can continue working on what we were working on before the update (Children of the Revolution and Wrath of the Emperor) instead.

Jea but again; who wants to be up to date if previous clients WERE NOT up to date?

The 2 main things people wanna see changed are:
1. warmode tools
2. WotE

And you fixed neither one of them.

Hahahah random excuse cus bad. That is all math, no coding.
Math = logic
You deny math = deny logic = dont post anymore

Can you read? I told him how it should be. Actual calculations are up to him.

ok guys i am just saying this update is nice and all and theres no need to change the speed again.
For you people who are saying that low lvls can catch u and shit i got the solution for you.kill them, there like prob 100 lvls lower than you and you should have no problem killing them.
And also about the dash thing effecting the speed changed, i think this is probably the best thing thats ever happened because bots are for noobs who cant play tibia and if u cant and get away from someone without dash, your just trash.
Just leaving some input on this since ive been looking at the posts for awhile.
all in all, very nice update Talaturen and the crew

^ no need to be like that. Ice meto just gave you some negative feedback as he feels disappointed with the update like a lot of people there. So what that you are working hard? you are doing it for the players not yourselves so dont bother giving that bullshit with the 9.8update which wasnt necessary. I mean who the fuck is going to hunt the new coryms? There are far more important things you need to focus on rather than some stupid minor bullshit things.
CipSoft makes updates, TwifySoft copies. You knew what you was signing up for when you joined the OTServ. A fast exp rate, skill rate etc of a copy of Tibia. Sure some other things are missing, but updates are priority because they want to keep up to date with CipSoft. Then while they have spare time, they will begin fixing other things.

You cant say that, he is a player who gave them criticism, ddidnt read his post but folks gotta keep in mind that this is an OT runned by few people, almost doing as much as CipSoft are >,<
Yes I can, if he wants to give criticism about the speed etc update then go over to CipSoft. Talaturen has already stated that he isn't a lover of the speed update and he'll try to fix it eventually, it'll be added to his list (which I'm sure is huge).

Back