• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] [7.4] Celestia Custom Server - Playable from EUROPE - ONLINE!

What rates would you like Celestia-Realm.com use?

• Exp 4x Mag 4x Skills 5x

Votes: 26 72.2%
  • Exp 3x Mag 3x Skills 4x

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Exp 2x Mag 2x Skills 3x

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Exp 1x Mag 1x Skills 2x

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Working on new content & advertisement that hopefully will make it grow and blossom :)

When is that content ready to be added? Also at the isle of sorrow, at the barbarians, the steps dont work to go up to the bridge looking part. Not sure if its meant to be like that or not.

Working on new content & advertisement that hopefully will make it grow and blossom :)

Looking forward to the new content and some fresh faces!
I'm trying to convince friends to join the server, but no luck yet.. I will not quit though.

Still have plenty of starting equipment for those that join the server. :)

Regards,
Cody

I will now take requests to help new players. Feel like playing but dont wanna go through the starting phases? Make an account, character with your chosen name/sex/vocation, PM me the info and I will get you started. The only things I ask is that you help with hunts later on in-game, and 10k per person ;)

Knights : I will get your character to 45/45 skills, and ml the whole time.

Paladins : I will train your character to 50 distance, and ML the whole time

Mages : I will do the rotworm task, and after that, make GFBs to do the promotion task (100 ghouls) and you can come online to complete it (easy)

For most people, they're going to be asking "Why would anyone be doing this?" and my answer would be, simply.. To get more players and make the OT more known. It needs it. It's a great OT that not alot of people end up trying because they see "low" exp and think the only way to level is to grind monsters. There's more ways to level up and have fun!

THIS OFFER WON'T LAST LONG. GET IT WHILE IT'S HERE.

-Lifer

Last edited:
Completed the demon task of 100 demons. Looted a buncha stuff, but the most thing me and my brother are happy about, is the first MPA of the OT, first G-Legs of the OT, and 2nd MMS of the OT. (7.4 sprites rox)

o8ykna.png

Anyone out there? ;)

Looking forward to the new content and tasks coming out soon.

Regards,
Cody

Hey Victor (@Kungenn), hope I don't sound too harsh. I have mixed feelings about your server, really good ones and really bad ones, and this post is just about the bad ones. Because it's that being discussed here at Celestia forum, and I think it's relevant to share it here, copy+pasting my post from the linked thread.

#1 Reset
Things was already going slowly, when Victor creates a pool about reset, he actually kills it and force the reset, as Hero pointed out in the other thread, there is no more hope for the current characters.

#2 Use of pools
And it's also about polls being a bad way to measure player base opinions. Some players don't check it, some players don't bother to answer (even if it matters for him), some don't think deeply about the issue and don't know how the decision/change will actually impact the gameplay. So you get a the a opinion from a fraction of the playerbase, that probably don't represent the entire playerbase opinion at all. You got opinions of people that actually don't know what they are talking about. And everytime you implement a change you might sadden a player that joined the server because that shit was not there at first place, while the player that enjoyed it was already playing even without the change being implemented.

#3 Bugs
I do agree with all Hero points (except point 2), and thougth about them already and would add an important one, BUGS. You might not have noticed as I did, since I was at top3 nearby through all this reset life spam and heavily invested time exploring, so I faced a lot of the map first them most players. Nearby every corner of Celestia is copy+paste from maps you can download at otland (I'm sure that more than 90% of map is, it's even reutilized, Behemoth bright sword quest floor is identical to a zombie cave, that is identical to a rotworm cave), mainly Eternal Kingdoms. It's not a problem per se, I think it's actually awesome, the problem is that it's implemented without any testing, I got stuck a lot, needed GM teleport like 2-3 times, and needed to relog to temple nearby 10 times, have run inside walls, accessed some places I probably should't have accessed, and what concerns me more PROBABLY COULDN'T ACCESS SOME PLACES THAT I SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO ACCESS (larva cave comes to my mind and the legendary 6x hero respaw, lol). Quests sharing storage values, so if you did one you can't do other (both not related at all) happend like 2-3 times. Black tiles everywhere, EVERYWHERE, water at floor above conflict issue really common also. I not applied for a beta test, at start I though those shit was just things he missed while testing, later I realized I was the one doing the first test at everything.

Chronic Riddlers one really come to my mind, last part of the quest is another riddle, I spent like 2 hours with Skadoesh trying to solve the last part (we were at the right place trying the right thing) them I asked Victor at Skype if it was implemented and I wasn't wasting my time, he confirmed to me it was working, we spent more one hour and gave up. Next day Arieswar (after getting spoiler from all previous parts from me) claims he solved it and was the first one, Skadoesh got really pissed off at it. The thing was that when Arieswar tried the NPC was there for him. The NPC wasn't even there and Victor confirmed it was working, there is is just one reason for it, he didn't tested it at all.

#4 Lack of content
Djinn Quest/Chronic Riddlers/Wilfred/BoH Quest/Astrologers area/Will Hunt/Blue Legs are the interesting things to do. And tasks. There are books for Wilfred and Chronic Riddlers, everything else is meaningless or nonexistent. A lot of retard shit just confuse us also, pieces of broken helmets, wooden stake, empty books ("might it be another bug?" is what I think all the time), a lot things are not challenging at all (Crusader Helmet/Dwarven Axe). And the top design of choice is really boring and dumb, "need to add another hidden thing/place, what should I do?", 95% of the time the answer is "hide it behind a tree", if one thing or other is behind a tree it's ok, but everything? Monday, 11 Aug 2014 - Map update!, it was actually nothing, Zombie cave and Dragon cave only remarkable places, the rest are just random caves with bad exp, bad loot, no quest, no puzzle, no lore. Sunday, 17 Aug 2014 - New Update level 65 BoH quest, it was cool, but that's all. Cullfield and Island of Sorrow can be resumed by being more random caves with bad exp, bad loot, no quest, no puzzle, no lore.

You can resume the entire lore of Celestia being the books about Wilfred and the Chronic Riddlers quest introducing Shiriel.

Victor confirmed there is more then one pick hole, and that they aren't random, there are hints for each one, still no one found them.

2 weeks ago Victor posted on otland that he is working on new content, if it's more of "random caves with bad exp, bad loot, no quest, no puzzle, no lore" (copy+pasted from other map with no test at all and a bunch of places to get your character stuck), and not fixing the lackluster and probably broke content at previous implemented areas it won't help or make the players happy at all.

That's what made me lose interest from Celestia (not the bugs issues, or lack of GM presence).

#5 Lack of communication
Suggestions forum seams a joke. Nothing is adressed, we don't know if someone read it, and even if it is done, what is actually Victor thoughts about it? No one ever talked about mounts, them a random news post with a poll appears. Quest log, lore, class balance, broken mfs, and nearby all other shit, no statement at all, it's not about doing everything people asked, but answering them.

Felt some lack of interest also, maybe be it's too much to handle the server alone. After new layout/forum was implemented, I found some bugs (like the forum one where threads with deleted characters bugs, or all the places where promotions is not showing), but really couldn't reach Victor, when was him who should be trying to reach me to fix the issues for his server.

Well, that are my thoughts.

http://pastebin.com/98h89MnR

To quote a post from Peonso on the forums. A discussion between the two of us.

No hard feelings, Victor. Just not thrilled with losing hard work considering I was gearing up for the update to explore the new cities and new content.

Regards,
Cody

Bring this up. I will be on later this evening if anyone wants to give us a try. Providing starting equipment to those that join us.

Regards,
Cody

Is this server going to reset soon? Because I never see players online, and I dont want to play a dead server :(

The server will not reset, but I'm hoping the player base will come back knowing that they won't be getting reset - They won't be wasting time only to get reset.

I'll be around some today if anyone wants to give us a try. My in-game name is Roxas, or you can find me on my other characters.

Regards,
Cody

I would give it a try again if GM would even come online like once a week lol

Name:GM Victor
Last login:07 September 2014 (09:48)

I can understand that sentiment.. But according to our last conversation, he is up to his neck in school work so I guess hes been too busy to login.

I'm going to login sometime in the near future, after I take care of a few things, so would be nice to see some more people around :)

Regards,
Cody

I can understand that sentiment.. But according to our last conversation, he is up to his neck in school work so I guess hes been too busy to login.

I'm going to login sometime in the near future, after I take care of a few things, so would be nice to see some more people around :)

Regards,
Cody

I also know that, pretty hard to get in contact with him.
But is it really hard to answer like 10 min a day some questions from players, or if he can't even do that, why not take some staff?

If it gets reset ill never play again xD! I've been off playing RL atm but I planned on returning