• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

PVP Arenas project - introduction & discussion!

Sorry burczyk but we didn't have 8 people when you joined so we couldn't play normal games anymore... Anyway, thank you very much for testings, I recorded a movie and soon will release it :) You will see how arenas looks in action :)

Next tests will be next weekend. Some great bugfixes/features will be introduced.

Change log for version 0.3 BETA
Main changes will include adding mana bars, changing how keywords/bindings works (they will be easier to set up), adding tutorial and cast system.

Some balance changes:
- nerfed silence
- ability to cast mana shield when silenced
- paralyze nerfed
- haste/strong haste nerfed (strong haste will be same as haste but will last longer for same amount of mana)
- starting magic level for druids will be slightly lowered (we will make druids a mainly healing vocation)
- sd slightly nerfed

New rune:
- burning, special offensive rune for knights :)

Shoppers introduced - a chance for knights/palading to arm theirselves ;-)

We know that a lot of people joined a game and simply didn't know what to do, I will start working on tutorial and first AI vocations (used in tutorial) so you will be able to learn basics :)
Tutorials will be translated to different languages (polish/english at beginning).

To play on new version you will have to download new client which will be announced before the tests :)

One more time thanks, and stay tuned for next tests and movie from second day of tests. Some great PVP actions/defends/counter attacks there :)

Nice project you got here, it kinda remember me to games like HoN, LoL, Dota, and so on. What this thread needs is videos to show the new ones(like me) how the game is. Im here to support the project.

Thanks for uploading the movie :) I will upload one as well (probably tommorow or on Friday).

Changelog 25/07/2012:
+ Added Mana Bars
+ Blocked shooting on battle list :) This game will be pure PVP :)

4kwuw5.jpg

Mana bar :) The color is to be decided yet (light blue propably?)

Thanks for uploading the movie :) I will upload one as well (probably tommorow or on Friday).

Changelog 25/07/2012:
+ Added Mana Bars
+ Blocked shooting on battle list :) This game will be pure PVP :)

4kwuw5.jpg

Mana bar :) The color is to be decided yet (light blue propably?)

Make the color depend on how much mana you actually have!

The server is based on fights so make that easy to see how much mana you've is a pretty good implement. Keep working.
And btw white mana bar looks pretty good.

I promised you a movie and here it goes :)
It presents some arenas features and shows ingame battles :)

[video=youtube;uuhyVo2dT28]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuhyVo2dT28[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuhyVo2dT28

I like that there's not just one map to battle in.
I'd (dont know if it is implemented yet) like if you put in the game something like "Summoner Spells"(something like LoL ones).

When will it be online, i want to player more :(

Next tests (lets call em Beta Tests :) ) will be hosted at the end of this month :) Of course I will announce it here...

Hi folks,

Tommorow we will be launching another beta-tests of Arenas. We would like to invite all of you to take a part of our another beta tests which will be launched tommorow. We have added some new featured and some are almost ready to go. Arenas are our priority #1 project right now so except a lot of great updates soon :)

What has been changed?
- We have added mana bars in client (right below HP bars)
- We have added auto-update to our client - you don't have to manually download any files now :)
- Added good looking icon to our game ;-)

What are we planning to test during this beta-tests?
- Of course all new features
- Queue with higher number of players inside ;-)
- Some balance changes in PVP system

Beta tests are open this time. All you need is registered account on Arenas Development! and our client :)
We are starting tommorow (9/11/2012) on 17:00 CET! :)

If you are wondering how Arenas look like, please visit this post and play a video:
http://otland.net/f251/pvp-arenas-project-introduction-discussion-157962/index7.html#post1584264

See you tommorow!

Awesome :D too bad I'm working tomorrow :(

Back