• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

PVP Arenas project - introduction & discussion!

xinn

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

We are very excited to introduce you our new open tibia based project which we like to call PvP Arenas. We were working on it for the past several months and we are planning to open a closed beta tests soon. PVP Arenas are dynamic round based team pvp game where your tactic, skills, reflex and teamplay matters. Default mode includes fights between two teams consisting 4 players. The goal is to kill all your opponents on the Arena. Doing that wins you a round after which a new round starts. The match lasts no more then 15 minutes or 3 won rounds. Win matches to gain experience which unlocks new game-content and makes you stronger. These are the basics ;)

NOTICABLE NEW POSTS:

[12/07/2012] Developing notes #1 - - http://otland.net/f251/pvp-arenas-project-introduction-discussion-157962/index4.html#post1569360
[21/07/2012] Beta Tests day #1 - summary & changelog - http://otland.net/f251/pvp-arenas-project-introduction-discussion-157962/index4.html#post1569360 [Screens by Myth0s from day #1]
[30/07/2012] Battle - movie added to the topic :)

Test website:
http://a.hexana.net/

Next beta tests: Sunday, 22/07 16:00 CET

[video=youtube;uuhyVo2dT28]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuhyVo2dT28[/video]​

Beta test codes:
1I1EG-RERHD
389MR-DXCWL
5O0WA-N0JTJ
8UE3O-6SM9Y
FGIUF-J3E0A
G3SME-C96AJ
I670Y-K8P0F
L4KJ5-AKIOU
OGY1Q-2ED0H
ZJG5Q-YS1LF

hr.png

Tactic - customize your character!
There will be no traditional tibia levels in that game, instead, there will be 15 levels which you can gain by simply, playing the game. The higher level you have - the more customizable your character is. Before the fight you will be able to set up the set of special runes for the game and character boosts, which determines your role on the battlefield. You can choose between survivability and take guard/speed runes or be a killing machine with damage/silence runes. Boosts can higher your character's attack speed, critical chance, defense, max health and so on. It is up to you which role you want to play in a team! Healer? Tank? Damage dealer? Try different set ups to find which one is best for you!

drag_drop.jpg

Drag&Drop runes to use them in the future fights!

Custom client!
Our goal was to create a very entertaiting, dynamic but also user-friendly game. We have introduced something completely new in Open Tibia World - a custom graphic user interface. You don't have to remember commands to start a game or to do unusual things. You want to invite your friend for a game? Just click "Create game", another click for inviting a friend, and that's all! No commands required!
Since this is a REAL pvp game, where YOU, not a bot plays for you - we introduced an anti-bot system to make sure that game will be botfree. You will be 100% sure that your opponents doesn't use tools which helps them aim, heal or cast utility spells.

arena_1.jpg
arena_2.jpg

arena_3.jpg
arena_4.jpg

Creating a custom game

WSAD moving and hotkeys
Time and your reflex matters that's why we prepared a client where you will be able to move with WSAD keys. You will be also able to set up a hotkeys to any key you want to minimize time to cast a rune.

Skill matching
Different players plays on different level. Skill matching is very important part of our engine. You don't want to play a game with someone way much better then you or someone who just started playing the PVP arenas. Our skill matching engine will ensure that the games you play will be a challenge for you and your team. When you join a lobby, the engine will try to match teammates and opponents on the same skill level then you! Your skill will be determined by a elo rating system used in two-player games such as for example chess. Simply - the higher elo you have the better you are :)

BattleField!
Currently the battlefield is a 25x16 arena. There are 5 special spots on the battlefield where custom runes spawns over a time. The most important one is a middle spot where every 60 seconds an ultimate rune spawns. Secure the spots to pick up runes and gain advantage over the opponents team. However, be careful! The spots where the runes spawns are designed to be easily blockable, so after picking a rune you may find yourself blocked, focused and eventually killed!

alpha_hud_1.jpg

One of the Arenas theme + scoreboard

Special runes
10 new runes will be added to the game which will let you take down your opponents fast or survive while you are being focused!
I will update this section soon however, here are the name of the runes: confuse, silence, health drain, mana drain, guard, damage, speed, teleport, paralyze, skill rune. If you have played any PVP game before, you can predict what these runes will do :)

Cast System
You will be able to watch every game on the arena in real time. Watch how your future opponents fights or give some hints to your friend who doesn't do well on battlefield!

Team battles and a ranking system!
There will be two rankings in our game, a ranking for premade Teams and a ranking for solo players. You will be able to create a team, invite your friend and fight versus other premade teams. We will definitely host a tournaments with a nice pricepool streamed over the world. Will you manage to climb to the top of the ranking?

Custom items
This section will be updated soon...

Custom PVP

Boosts

Game types

Character professions

New graphics

The beta tests (or rather... alpha tests ;)) will be announced soon. If you would like to try it out - sign up for our tests. Send an email to: [email protected] with some basic information about yourself: your name, country of origin, age. Please write in topic: "arena betatests" so we can easily find your email :) Thanks!

What do you think about our project? If you have any ideas which you want to share - let us know! We are very open for suggestions!
I will keep updating this topic with new things which we have added and of course, I will post some new screen-shots or even a movie with a gameplay :)

Last edited:
Definitely something unique there! All the features above is awesome, Would love to hear more about those you haven't wrote about yet. ;)

Good luck with your project :)

Holy cow, i will play this!!

I hope this isnt one of those servers that looks dam good on otland.
When you enter the webpage its polish.. I hope this one is English and not polish.

I will vouch for xinn, he knows what he's doing, it shouldn't be a disappointment.
Good luck, I will definitely play this when I find time.

Thank you for all good words :) You guys give us additional power to create it as fast as possible ;-)

@DestinationSer:
The application's main language will be of course english, however we are planning to make it multi-language game with website/client translated to 3 other languages: polish, portugese, swedish

The greatest thing about this game will be how user-friendly it is. There will be a tutorial for new players explaining how the runes and new system works, if you want to play a game, you will just have to click "PLAY" button which will place you in queue and find a game on your level. If there is a problem with players, and you wait too long, some AI Players will be added to the queue. This is gonna be another great future, since I love to create AI (ad break: Home | AI Challenge) we will definitely add some bots on different skill level, some stupid but also some clever ones co-operating with each others :) You will be able to gather your team and test your skills versus other team or if you are not ready yet, versus the bots.

Awesome!
I hope you allow me to join the beta like we discussed in pm :)

Seems pretty damn awesome to me.. Maybe with future development this could be applied to a normal server as a minigame/event. I love it nonetheless and good luck :)

Thank you for all good words :) You guys give us additional power to create it as fast as possible ;-)

@DestinationSer:
The application's main language will be of course english, however we are planning to make it multi-language game with website/client translated to 3 other languages: polish, portugese, swedish

The greatest thing about this game will be how user-friendly it is. There will be a tutorial for new players explaining how the runes and new system works, if you want to play a game, you will just have to click "PLAY" button which will place you in queue and find a game on your level. If there is a problem with players, and you wait too long, some AI Players will be added to the queue. This is gonna be another great future, since I love to create AI (ad break: Home | AI Challenge) we will definitely add some bots on different skill level, some stupid but also some clever ones co-operating with each others :) You will be able to gather your team and test your skills versus other team or if you are not ready yet, versus the bots.

Players vs AI is pretty sweet. I remember something like this being made a very long time ago on OTFans.
Blackknight (maybe), he created bots for his capture the flag server.

It's great to bring AI to a bigger picture in Open Tibia

In my opinion, its too late for such project. I agree, that it's very interesting but unfortunately it doesn't have big chances to be runned for a longer while at least as long as it will be associated with Tibia.
The "magic" of OpenTibia servers has been destroyed by people who run their servers for money. Anyway, I hope you have some good marketing plans because I would like to see it online ASAP.

Keep it up.

In my opinion, its too late for such project. I agree, that it's very interesting but unfortunately it doesn't have big chances to be runned for a longer while at least as long as it will be associated with Tibia.
The "magic" of OpenTibia servers has been destroyed by people who run their servers for money. Anyway, I hope you have some good marketing plans because I would like to see it online ASAP.

Keep it up.

So we will bring that magic once again! :)
Of course we are thinking about something more global. We don't really want to limit ourselves to Tibia only. We see a huge potential in such game and hopefully we will convince some tibia players to try it out.
We are aiming for a game with own client :) Of course one of the points in our "todo" list is a custom graphics. We were also thinking about 3D game with the similar gameplay but this project will be propably a sequel of this game ;) However, we have a huge todo list and we are going throught it task by task with a hope for a really great game ;-)
Maybe I didn't write it clearly btu we are going to remake the whole PVP. Of course the beta/alpha version will base on Tibia spells/runes but we the final version will be no associated to Tibia at all :)

Nice xinn keep it up! (and unban me ) hahahahahahha

Back