• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

PVP Arenas project - introduction & discussion!

Please look on the first post in this topic :)

[edit moderator please delete this post]

Last edited:
we will be testing till 23:00 today... some bugfixes has been already made :) if you want to join, feel free to :)

Last edited:
Epic server!
Cannot wait for the full release! :)

4A5Kg.jpg

zZ5Ry.jpg

qhSdW.png

yId8Y.png

xutKR.png

du6D8.jpg

yk4Zm.jpg

hOJDN.jpg

jnmzb.jpg

bc53B.jpg

Qx1lN.jpg

B7NfS.png

Attachments

Thank you very much for first day of testing. Surely was very fun :)
I will record a movie tommorow to show you how it looks like for those, who weren't online for testing or simply are not convinced to try it out :)

Three magic was the best player of the first day of tests, he won almost all his games with his teammates... That cheater! ;)

1. Three Magic 1262
2. Darioo 1232
3. Daethr 1230
4. Teknoman 1230
5. Mythos 1215
6. Dev Slash 1204
7. Carier Karchii 1201
8. Xinnios 1190
9. Creesh 1187
10. Herkules 1186
11. Kimo 1185
12. Szczeryy 1162
13. Icore 1146

Some bugfixes has been made, some will come tommorow. Autopicking runes didn't really work, and potions didn't dissapear after using. There will be also some balances:
- mana shield will work for 7 secs only now (so you can use it while in danger and don't lose mana after you walked/tped to the safe spot ;) )
- potions will dissapear after using
- autopicking runes will work
- the number of summons per team will be limited to 2 now :) fights with 6 fire elementals are not really great ;)
- some hints about default key shortcuts will be presented :)
- silence time will be lowered by 0.5sec (it's too high now)

Some other fixes and new things will be tested tommorow (experience gaining, gold gaining, ability to get new items). The tests will start on 16:00 CET and will last 3 to 4 hours.

One more time thanks for testings. We played 27 matches today :) However, detailed reporting was bugged and I can't present more statistics ;)
Anyway. If you have some screenshots, please post them here :)

ps. next week version will include mana bars, no battle list shooting and some other great things :)

NEXT TESTS: 22/07 on 16:00 CET

Last edited:
I could only play for the first 30 minutes, but I must admit, aside from all the bugs and unfinished features, I had a blast and it indeed looks promising.
Some of the suggestions I wanted to make was to improve knights and the teams.

Knights -
  • They were very weak, in terms of defense AND offense
  • It seems SDs are the main source of damage among others and knights simply do not have this, you need to find a way for knights to attack by range
  • One of the things you can do to improve knights is increase their base speed, make it higher than other vocations
  • Their melee damage is VERY low, I don't recall hitting more than 80-90 damage
  • Look into using an armor or condition feature called "reflect", it returns a percentage of damage that you take, back to the attacker; great defensive buff for knights
  • I have a couple other things, but I'll just leave it at that, we'll see how it goes from here

Teams -
  • One big issue is that you can attack your own team, this is a red light problem because someone is going to find ways to spoil the fun
  • Use team outfit colors and set "noDamageToSameFeet" to true or something
  • Or you can use war system shields to signal who is an ally and who is an enemy

I could only play for the first 30 minutes, but I must admit, aside from all the bugs and unfinished features, I had a blast and it indeed looks promising.
Some of the suggestions I wanted to make was to improve knights and the teams.

Knights -
  • They were very weak, in terms of defense AND offense
  • It seems SDs are the main source of damage among others and knights simply do not have this, you need to find a way for knights to attack by range
  • One of the things you can do to improve knights is increase their base speed, make it higher than other vocations
  • Their melee damage is VERY low, I don't recall hitting more than 80-90 damage
  • Look into using an armor or condition feature called "reflect", it returns a percentage of damage that you take, back to the attacker; great defensive buff for knights
  • I have a couple other things, but I'll just leave it at that, we'll see how it goes from here

Teams -
  • One big issue is that you can attack your own team, this is a red light problem because someone is going to find ways to spoil the fun
  • Use team outfit colors and set "noDamageToSameFeet" to true or something
  • Or you can use war system shields to signal who is an ally and who is an enemy

I agree about Knights & Paladins.
Teams were fixed.

Oh okay, I must have missed all the real fun then; had to go damn kayaking

Evan, you have to try the new version which isn't so messy on the battlefield :) While it comes to 4 vs 4 fight which we played later, knights are not so underpowered!

The knights will be mainly used as blockers and a low dmg dealers. We will add new buyable items (as a part of rpg) for all vocations with some great defensive/offensive power. About the knights, they have one really great buff which can help you killing your oppents - the skill rune which adds +100 to your skills for a period of time. Combining it with arena paralyze (which is really very strong) can make your opponents life really hard. There is also one great thing about knights - they have unlimited source of damage, while mages have limited number of SDes/mana. Also, knights comes with explosion runes. We will increase it's damage a bit.

Of course balancing the whole game will be the hardest thing to do. For now almost everybody was choosing sorcerers only, however at the end I've seen some players playing Druids, and helping their teammates with mass heal :) Also, I loved how people was making pairs with others and focusing one target while others, were helping the guy who was focused with heals/casting magic walls :) It's completely new game and they playstyle is being created right now. We are all learning now how to act and play this game and for me, its really funny ;)

We will add one very important thing, you will see in lobby what vocation your teammates have chosen. It will help creating a teams.

I will try to add Shops with a new version with some armors/mini boosts (1 minute rings which regenerates you for example) to make games more fun :)

Our goal is to create completely new PVP system. There will be no fist/axe/club/sword fighting but one - Melle fighting (for melle fighters), Distance Fighting and Magic Level. Also every vocation will come with their own defensive power (so yes knights will have advantage in terms of defense :) There will be also one thing too chose before a fight - main boost (defensive power/attack power/global speed and so on). We want to create a lot of ways to play this game and let player decide and choose the one which fits them the most :)

- - - Updated - - -

Test server is online for the next 2-3 hours :)

aff too bad i didnt see ur post merged lol =/

Back