• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Buying [Distribution Makeover] C++ & Lua Programmer Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.Dre

Unity Games
Solutions
Reaction score
Greetings,

I am searching for someone who can give the Forgotten Server 0.3.7 (aka. 0.4), a makeover!

FOUND SOMEONE! CLOSED.

What do I want?

I am searching for someone skilled in C++ & Lua, who will be able to change a version of TFS, in to a stable and completely functional, old school distribution.
You will be recoding or "rewiring" TFS, so that it remains its current stability and dependability, while transforming in to the best old school distribution (client 7.6 or 7.72).

Note: You can keep the functions and features; I just want to have a stable, host worthy distribution to use.
It should be compatible with an AAC (Automatic Account Creator) as well. (e.g. Modern AAC & Gesior AAC).

What do I need from you?

You should tell me the following:

1. Your price (to do this).
  2. How long it will take to complete (days, weeks?).

Notice! You must be an OtLand Premium User (or have access to the TFS SVN)
I'll be searching for the best candidate, to complete this task.

How and when will you be paid?

You'll be paid in full, when I am able to log on to the server and play. My preferred payment method is PayPal (as a gift).

When you're finished, you should have something: organized, stable, dependable, and functional.

Last edited:
Uhm you should get in contact with Dennis or EliteOTS they could do it?

theres no need to have an old school OT, you can pretty much script all the old actions in lua, and change everything and make new tarjeting scripts and so own, i dont belive any1 will take you serius if you dont put a price, and im not going to allow you to have the source first, but thats just my case ;)

eigther way GL

theres no need to have an old school OT, you can pretty much script all the old actions in lua, and change everything and make new tarjeting scripts and so own, i dont belive any1 will take you serius if you dont put a price, and im not going to allow you to have the source first, but thats just my case ;)

eigther way GL

He's a trusted member and have done many trades in the past, therefore I would give the source first.

Thanks TM.

i dont belive any1 will take you serius if you dont put a price

eigther way GL

I've spoken with two TFS Developers and they believe a fair price would be up to $500 (maximum). Each programmer has different opinions, expectations, and skill set. Each will most likely have a different price and that's why I asked for what they would like. It is completely negotiable, and I am willing to hear & accept offers.

And thank you for the luck, I could use it!

Last edited:
let me get this straight, you want some1, to edit tfs, to be like 7.something, so if im not wrong all you need its a working tibia editor ?

What do I need from you?

You should tell me the following:

Your price (to do this).
How long it will take to complete (weeks, months).

Price - 50 Euro
How long it will take to complete - An hour or so?

let me get this straight, you want some1, to edit tfs, to be like 7.something, so if im not wrong all you need its a working tibia editor ?

Imagine TFS 0.3.6 being a 7.6/7.72 distribution, that's what I am looking for. I never want to use Avesta again.

A good, stable, host-worthy distribution to use for an old school project (compatibility, spells, etc.).

C/C# experience isn't needed at all.

Really? Alright, I updated the title!

Price - 50 Euro
How long it will take to complete - An hour or so?

Um, I don't think that will fulfill my expectations. An hour? I thought what I am looking for would take a day.

But if you feel like you're able to do it, we should talk.

Last edited:
I think this is kinda easy to change, seen threads a while ago about it. 500$ for it is way too much imo.

Note: You can keep the functions and features; I just want to have a stable, host worthy distribution to use.
It should be compatible with an AAC (Automatic Account Creator) as well. (e.g. Modern AAC & Gesior AAC).

All you want me to do is change the client version?

All you want me to do is change the client version?

If you feel you can do it, and you succeed at doing so, I'll pay after I test it out (client 7.72). Everything must "resemble" old school, remember that.

I was told earlier that it requires a lot of small changes to a lot of different files. Everyone that I have spoken to, said it wasn't a "difficult" job but rather time consuming.

I think this is kinda easy to change, seen threads a while ago about it. 500$ for it is way too much imo.

It is a lot. That was just an estimated maximum price that someone would want (e.g. elf), for their time.

I'd rather not even come close to that amount, perhaps half at the most.

Are you not interested in 7.6 then?

I have a stable 7.6 distro, if you need it, contact me. If you want to continue your dead end search of a 7.72, goodluck :p

Edit; I can also let you test it if needed.

Last edited:
im going back again to the otservers, from some years afk alot changed, when im back on track i might be able to do it, but ill need the server that you got, that you want to make old school, eigther way im not able to do it yet

Idea thief! :|
I have TFS 0.4 working with 7.4 if you wanna start a project with me! ;)

<3 Red

What you're asking for is impossible, I don't know how Red got a 0.4 distribution in 7.4 protocol but it's almost impossible. That's how much work there's to be done...

You are wrong. All he needs is rewriting TFS protocol to be compatible with old client.

Lol, beg your pardon? If that's all he needs then this community really has gotten stupider over the years. This is something that's going to take months to accomplish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back