• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Scripter Cypher Online: Scripter Needed

Jaed Le Raep

★Gaeming★
Reaction score
scaled.php

This project has been a manifestation of 10 years of Tibia and Open Tibia Experience. The only mission of this project is to provide new and original concepts. gameplay systems that have yet to be ported to the Open Tibia community, and to truly provide custom, fun, balanced, fair, and honest content. It is because of that goal, why this project is a live development project.

What is Live Development?
In a gist, live development means that this project will be hosted, and publicly accessible as it develops. So anyone interested in giving certain systems a try, or would live a preview for the intentions of the project, can simply log-in and see what has been made available.
Disclaimer: With it being live development, please note that there will be many, many changes occurring. This means that player wipes, and possibly even account wipes, will be necessary as to safely implement certain changes.

Leveling like Never Before!
images
In Cypher Online, leveling will not be based around going around and killing wild monsters. It will be based on exploration and raids. Not only will the leveling scheme be much more dynamic than in Tibia and other OT Projects, any player in any area has a chance of activating 1, or more raids, for that area. In addition, through exploration, players will get exp for venturing into new areas, but these areas also host hidden checkpoints, that if found, will reap massive exp, and possibly even hidden rewards.

​In addition to the exploration, players will also uncover challenges. These challenges will be to either solve a puzzle, find an item, or even "simply" aid a NPC in a task. Completing these challenges will not only grant exp, but will also grant money, and if they're an Elite Challenge, it will also grant an Ability point which, when accumulated, can be used to unlock either additional Utility Skills or Spells or Upgrade an already obtained Utility Skill or Spell.

Origins
images
In place of vocations, comes Origins. Divided into two categories, Skill and Magic Origins, each Origin category, and Origins itself, has a gameplay vastly different from the next. In addition, there are Secret Origins that have a mixture of both Skill/Magic Origins, as well as gameplay aspects that truly strikes jealousy into others.
images
Skill Origins do not have han (mana). Instead, their skill management revolves around cooldowns, soul points, or a combination of both.
images
In addition, on-release, each skill Origin will only have access to 5 weapon skills, and 5 utility skills. Utility skills range from Insignias that Buff their parties for Mudperson, Traps that induce conditions on enemies for Scavengers, Defensive Self-Buffs and Threats for Baneling Reincarnates, and Offensive Self-Buffs and Armor Breaking for Dragon Corps Remnant.

images
For Weapon Skills, if the weapon is two-handed, then the weapon skills will consist of 1 basic, 1 utlimate, and 3 combo skills. The combo skills all work with each other, and ONLY with each other. Therefore, timing and cooldown management is necessary to pull them off. However, once performed, Skill Combos unleash the true potential of that origin's weapons.

images
Magic Origins, however, have spells. These spells utilize han (mana), and have a set composition unlike Skill Origins.
images
Prophets will be unable to cast Subtractive Magic. Their "arsenal" is composed of Buffs, Healings, and Cures. They're the only Origin that can heal itself via Spells (other Origins have to eat herbs to replenish their health/mana). Due to their inability to cast damaging/crippling/debuff spells, they rely on forming pacts with certain creatures, that will grant them an Emblem which is used to call forth that creature. There are two sets of Emblems, Higher and Lesser. Lesser Emblems call forth creatures that are in certain raids, but have a chance to disintegrate. In contrast, Higher Emblems require a sacrifice (an item, blood, or ability points) to call forth a boss-level creature, or even a boss itself. These Higher Emblems are tremendously rare, and are recognized as one of the most destructive force in existence.

Evokers are the Hands of Subtraction. That is all they do, their sinister arsenal is composed of DoT (Damage over Time) combination spells and AoE (Area of Effect). They posses and have no interest in additive magic. They're all about destruction without a fear of death. Unlike all other Origins, Evokers have a special ability that resurrects them automatically whenever they have died. They will resurrect with 10% of their total hp, as well as a sinister pet. In addition, upon resurrection, the Evoker's hp will be healed another 5% per second, for 5 seconds.

Equipment System
images
All Equipment and Weaponry in Cypher Online is 100% Custom. Each Origin has their own dedicated arsenal of Weaponry, with the exception of Prophets and Evokers which do not use weapons (not even wands/rods). They instead grasp onto stones that enhance their magic level, han regeneration, or elemental/damage absorption.

Equipment is dealt with differently, and are designated between Melee, Distance, and Magic category. Mudperson, Baneling Reincarnate, and Dragon Corps Remnant use the Melee armors. Scavengers use the Distance, and Prophets and Evokers use the Magic Sets. The Secret Origins will also be designated a category of existing sets of Equipment.
Please take a look below at some of the equipment that have been designed for Cypher Online.

scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php

scaled.php
scaled.php

scaled.php

Questing
images
Questing? What's that? I've never heard of a quest in Cypher Online. That's right. We are -doing away- with quests. No more simply browsing NPCs and saying what you think they want to hear. No more seemingly endless dialogue. With Cypher Online, you jump on, get geared, and you go out and Raid, raid, raid. Feeling weary from raiding? Go ahead and explore, it'll be worthwhile. If you're wondering how the story is distributed, if not through NPC or some page on the website, then answer is quite simple.

The story is distributed through the world. You may have noticed the emphasis of exploration, but it's not a one-dimensional aspect of Cypher Online. Exploring will be -the key- to unlocking most of the world's secrets. Of course, maybe even a bit of luck, as well. At the end of the day, you're not going to be exploring JUST to find someplace new. Within that someplace new, is something new. There are treasures, or maybe even death. You step out there, explore, find out all there is to find. However, venturing alone is -absolutely- suggested against. This, is also a party-play server.

Party-Play
images
In the world of Cypher Online, if you want to be a dare-devil, you'll venture out alone. Of course, much of the content is perfectly able to be conquered alone. However, there are benefits for being in a party, and consequences for not being in one.

Without a party, many benefits are missed. Such as Mudperson's Insignias, they only work whilst in a party. That, is just the beginning. In addition, if someone is to kill a boss without being in a party, they will receive no loot from that boss, just experience. But the biggest and possibly best reward for being in a Party, is the increased exp, and the amazing strategies and team-based challenges that are within the world. We want you guys to be connected with each other, a community that works together, even if you hate each other. Hate simply makes the dynamic much more interesting.

scaled.php

Introducing.. Mudperson

Credits!
Blez- Mapping Pieces
Synthetic_- Concepts
Siegh- Concepts and Testing
Mutz- Media and Graphics

scaled.php

Scripter: 0/1

Contact Me
MSN (Now Skype): [email protected]
Email: [email protected]

Also, please post below. The application template is as follows.
Alias/Name:
Age/Maturity Level:

Applying for:
Experience:

Last edited:
Synthetic ? -1 :(:D kidding, meh this makes me want to quit my project since when it pops out i will anyway not get time to develop on by wasting time on ur stuff. Gl

Synthetic ? -1 :(:D kidding, meh this makes me want to quit my project since when it pops out i will anyway not get time to develop on by wasting time on ur stuff. Gl

Haha, as rough as that was to read, thank you very much for that compliment, it's very flattering. I wish you lots of luck and dedication with yours, though :)

I've always liked your servers Jaed and this one certainly looks very good. I will keep a close eye on this project!

Thank you for the kind words and support. If I were to get this scripter, we'd collaborate and get -a lot- of things finished fairly quickly. In all honesty, most of the work needed now is purely scripting.

Yep, LUA Script-writer. I'm not delving into the C++ area of things, as it's really unnecessary. Thanks for the compliment, and it's in live development, so if you ever want to get a first-hand look, just shoot me a PM and I'll log in and show you what's being worked on :)

I've been working on it and hosting it for the past three days straight. Every time something is added in, I hop on and test it. I make sure I go over everything with a fine-tooth comb, that way I know there'll be a minimum amount of bugs to be found (because no one person is perfect) and the tests will be focused on balance, rather than finding bugs.

Once I officially release this server, balance and bugs won't be an issue. It'll be the perfect cornerstone for more additions to be made. I'm already working on origins and items that won't be made available upon release, because they won't be 100% completed for release. However, once I release the server, the first additions will be new skills, new weapon sets, and a new origin, spread across multiple updates. The plan after that, is to release content in expansion packs, which will either see 1-2 new origins, a new set of either weapon or utility skills, and much, much more.

Back