• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

0.2.10: a bug-fix release, and a note to XAMPP users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
From The Forgotten Server development blog:
A new version of the 0.2 series has been released. This version is mostly a bug-fix release, and everyone using version 0.2.9 or older is advised to update. It fixes the annoying Lua script errors in the player death script and the NPC system and a few other issues. We hope to introduce more features in the next release. You can find the new version here: http://otland.net/f18/8-7-8-71-forgo...spirit-117046/.

To keep the 0.3 users updated; I can say that the private development branch is still not ready to be released to public. It has a few serious bugs that must be addressed first, but once they are I will be notifying elf to release the new version.

IMPORTANT NOTE TO XAMPP USERS: Although it is not very relevant to this topic, I would also like to notify everyone who is using XAMPP 1.7.3 (or anything with an outdated version of PHP for that matter) to update to XAMPP 1.7.4 (or just a newer version of PHP if you aren't using XAMPP). The older version has an issue that causes PHP to hang, and it will stop responding to other requests until PHP has been restarted. Users running the 64-bit version of PHP are not affected, but it wouldn't hurt to keep your software up to date.​

As far as I know it doesnt. Quoted from php.net latest news:

I've never seen either in Gesior or in Modern use of (double) or (float) for user input but always (int) which will just return 2 in case of this bug.

Here is a script that you might guys run in order to see if your system is vulnerable to this issue. (in command line)
http://php.net/distributions/test_bug53632.txt

Either way you should always have things updated to the latest stable version.
My php got killed when querying forum.php with a malformed number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back