• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team [10.9x] Project: Recruiting Skilled Developers | Paid Opportunities Available

How do you now feel about this project after having read post #182 on page 10?

• It's still unclear. I'll reply below and explain why.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

J.Dre

Unity Games
Solutions
Reaction score
24w93dv.gif
Scheduling update: Click here for more information.

96i7h0.png

2v3fn6f.gif
The restructuring of the payment system will be implemented soon.
Read More...
Project leaders have given thought to the possibility of free hosting! Read more...
The search continues for for part-time & full-time developers!
Read more...
A preview into the details of the project have been released! Read more...
Project leaders have dubbed new initiative as way to pave road to success! Read more...

xlilts.jpg

Hi everyone,
Today I'm here to introduce to you a new project: This is a unique project in that it covers multiple client versions using a custom version of TFS, built from nothing into what I am proud to say is one of the best versions I've seen with the help of some of the most talented programmers out there. I am proud to be apart of this project, as I hope you will one day. The goal of the project is to rebuild Open Tibia, backed by the beliefs and dedication it once had at its birth many years ago. This is a not-for-profit project that will sponsor multiple initiatives. Our goal is to set a new standard. With that being said, I'm searching for two (2) skilled Lua Scripters to help me make most of Tibia's quests, NPC's, etc., and I'm also looking for one (1) skilled Programmer. The test environment (Debian 64-bit) is now online daily from 'till 8PM EST (12AM GMT). We'll be using GitHub, TeamViewer, WinSCP, etc., and you'll be expected to validate (aka. test) all of your code.

Programmers:
The tasks I need done involve customization to multiple programs, including but not limited to: TFS, FlashClient, Map Tracker, and RME. Specific details will be given later. We'll be collaborating together on a regular basis. I have a list of ideas and features which need to be implemented. Read more...

Lua Scripters:
You'll be asked to make quests, convert scripts, and fix bugs, all within an agreed upon time frame. The TFS version we are using is TFS 1.2. You should know that 0.3.x scripts will work. However, we prefer the latest style of coding. Scripters will be expected to use Tibia.Wikia.com as a resource (at the very least) among other resources. Read more...

f9fmyvS.png

Application template:

• Name:
  • Availability (e.g. 3-4 hours daily):
  • Experience (e.g. 2 years):
  • Examples (e.g. Portfolio):
Please contact me if interested, and post applications here. :cool:

Thanks!

Last edited:
25gxa2v.png

Job Information:
Please refer to the next post for payment information.

Let's begin with a brief overview of the positions which are available at this time: As mentioned in the first post, we are searching for Programmers and Lua Scripters (or Lua Coders). These positions have no specific time frame of employment. They are neither full-time or part-time only. Any interested party is free to come and go as they please. I'm no genius, nor do I expect you to be. You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great. Together, we will build something worthy of recognition. Continue reading for a list of open positions and their descriptions.

2arxgz.png

Lua Scripters [0/3]:
As briefly mentioned in the main post, your goal is to develop the in-game environment in a manner of which is efficient, secure, and offers a certain level of quality. More specifically, you will be required to create quests & NPC's in-game, and all other aspects related to said quests or NPC's (e.g. quest logs). You'll also be expected to attend to known bugs and work with the team (and sometimes the community with bug reports) to ensure a stable environment for the players. Being a Lua Scripter for this project is not necessarily difficult, it just requires a good amount of time. Specific details will be given upon assignment.

Programmers [1/2]:
Programmers will be asked to develop and create throughout multiple areas of the project. Your tasks include the continued updating of programs (e.g. RME). It will be your responsibility to make sure we are able to continue updating the project in correlation with Tibia's updates. You will also be asked to add, remove, or edit functions, as well as fix bugs or weaknesses within the project's distribution (source). For example, you may need to patch the latest updates from TFS provided on GitHub. Or you may be asked to change a function based on reports we've been given by players. There will not be any tolerance for "Lua workarounds" to make things "work." And finally, you will be asked to create new programs for the project (e.g. Map Tracker). This also includes the development of third-party applications, of which I have some ideas that need detailed explanation.

Quest Trackers [0/3]:
What the hell is a quest tracker? Well, it's a player that tracks quests, not only the map. You will be using Tibiacast to record your entire quest session. You'll need to read signs, messages, quest logs, etc. to capture the entire quest with great accuracy and detail. Why do this? You can earn Tibia Coins as reward. Tibia Coins can be used to purchase many things in Tibia, so take advantage of this easy job and get ahead. Invite your friends and have some fun while earning Tibia Coins! Read more...

Community Managers [0/2]:
As a Community Manager, you will act on behalf of the company (or project in this case). This is an executive position within the project allowing whomever holds it to act as an ambassador (or representative). Besides requiring a thorough knowledge of rules and netiquette used in various media, the role of the Community Manager requires common sense, the right aptitude and the ability to make decisions - in the best interest of the project - regarding the image or brand. For example, the Community Manager has to be willing to knock on the owner’s door and ask him or her to intervene when necessary. The responsibilities of the Community Manager range from gathering information about the project, such as its products, the market and competitors using appropriate methods and statistics, to answering queries from customers, as well as provide oversight for other staff members in their positions (e.g. Tutors and Gamemasters). Your goal is to ensure the community remains healthy. You will be the voice of the company.

2arxgz.png

Anyone who does not expect to participate in this project full-time will have limited access to project files and other resources. You will be officially known as a "temporary or part-time developer." And yes, temporary developers are still eligible for payment, as is everyone else who participates in the development process. You may also join up to work for free or for fun. We do not expect everyone to be "pulled in" by the potential to make some extra cash. And please do not think you must be an expert to apply for these positions.

All developers will be given credit on the Team page once the website is complete. :)

Last edited:
2h2obhx.png

Payment Information:
This will apply to everyone except Map Trackers.

The project or task you're assigned will be divided into parts. Each part (e.g. Wrath of the Emperor Quest) will be assigned the following:
  • A difficulty level (e.g. 1 - 5).
  • Estimated time of completion (e.g. 1-3 hours).
  • Maximum extension time for task (dependent of difficulty).
  • An agreed upon price based on difficulty and time per task (e.g. $20).
    • How much you earn will depend on the following:
      • Accuracy (Did you double check to make sure it's working as it should?)
      • Speed (Were you able to finish within the estimated time-frame?)
      • Quality (Are you able to ensure it was coded properly?)
        • You are expected to test everything.
You may use a private GitHub repository to allow everyone involved to track progress. The assignments (above) will be mutually agreed upon. Payment will be made after each part is completed. As you work, the repository should be immediately updated. You will not be paid for incomplete work. I've wasted/lost too much money paying for partial work.

You may request one of three forms of payment:

1. Instant payment via US-Verified PayPal (as a gift).
    • An agreed upon amount will be sent directly to you upon completion of work.
      • I will, at the very least, expect to see it functional as intended before payment.
  2. Percentage of project earnings based on profits for a period of time.
    • For example: You may receive 5% of the total profits for a month.
      • This may be more or less than an Instant Payment.
      • This method will only be available for full-time developers.
Additional payment methods may be added at a later time. :cool:

Last edited:
You'll be expected to acquire accurate quest logs, so you'll need to comb through TibiaCast recordings, have a character, or reference some other source.
If you find the source or person who can explain the quest. I would script it. [tfs 1.x]

If you find the source or person who can explain the quest. I would script it. [tfs 1.x]

We're actually going to be using a custom TFS. Either "coding" style is fine. ;)

And there's no way a single person knows them all by heart. I think TibiaCast recordings is a good place to start. If it comes to it, I'd be willing to purchase a character for whomever wishes to help. You can also reference other data packs to see what their logs say.

Last edited:
And there's no way a single person knows them all by heart. I think TibiaCast recordings is a good place to start. If it comes to it, I'd be willing to purchase a character for whomever wishes to help. You can also reference other data packs to see what their logs say.
well i stand my case.
I can Script whatever way you want in whichever way, but I won't research.

Still searching for at least one experienced Lua coder.

Last edited:
Still searching. One position available.

Last edited:
you can test my knowledges o.o

Feel free to send me some examples via private message. ;)

If you prefer a test instead, I can try to think of something.

Last edited:
Feel free to send me some examples via private message. ;)

If you prefer a test instead, I can try to think of something.
Which kind of examples? I have some great systems i made but they are private. I think the best way to test me is requesting me "something random", so you will see my coding style and if you think i'm good you can hire me

Last edited:
$15/h min pay ok?

Red

$15/h min pay ok?

Red

Hi, Red. :) Honestly, I wouldn't mind paying that, as long as your pumping out working quests/code of high quality and efficiency. I do have a budget, so there's a maximum number of hours, but surely it can be worked out.

@Jetro: Send me something you've made recently. If you have nothing, then I will try to think of something for you to make. ;) Send me a PM either way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Red
Good morning. Still searching for at least one Lua scripter/coder.

A position is still available for a full-time or part-time Lua scripter/coder.

24h bump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back