• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team [10.9x] Project: Recruiting Skilled Developers | Paid Opportunities Available

How do you now feel about this project after having read post #182 on page 10?

• It's still unclear. I'll reply below and explain why.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
hello if u still need lau coder add my skype : simon.bernhardsen (FaNtA, Sweden, Stockholm)

I feel you the only reason i found mine so quick is because i knew a lot of people on otfans and decided to make an account here to find the rest peeps in these times who are looking to work professionally they too want to gain some money i had to offer paid dedicated and advertising plus equal parts in servers earnings when released to find some good people we already started and is looking great

I am in need of one more mapper and i receive messages like this everytime

Hi Cav,

I'm not looking for a mapper at this time, but I appreciate the interest. ;) My project will require a mapper once development has reached a certain point.

Good luck with your search for a team as well.

hello if u still need lau coder add my skype : simon.bernhardsen (FaNtA, Sweden, Stockholm)

Hi Simon,

I went through your posts & threads and found nothing to give me an idea of your skill level. Would you mind sending me some examples of your work via PM first? I don't usually hand out my personal Skype unless I'm prepared to hire. Hope that's not an issue. :cool:

Thanks!

This is a rl map project right..? I got that from the #1 post. Anyway what are you missing ("quest-wise")?

Hi Cav,

I'm not looking for a mapper at this time, but I appreciate the interest. ;) My project will require a mapper once development has reached a certain point.

Good luck with your search for a team as well.

Hi Simon,

I went through your posts & threads and found nothing to give me an idea of your skill level. Would you mind sending me some examples of your work via PM first? I don't usually hand out my personal Skype unless I'm prepared to hire. Hope that's not an issue. :cool:

Thanks!

Never offered a mapper lol

This is a rl map project right..? I got that from the #1 post. Anyway what are you missing ("quest-wise")?
Hey Santi, long time no see.

I'm remaking all of the Tibia quests, spells, monsters, etc. myself. Released data packs have some serious memory leaks and inaccuracies. It's hard to say exactly what's missing... o_O

I've just been going through Tibia-Wiki from top to bottom. If I had to put a percentage on it, I'd say there's at least 50% of the quests incomplete or missing - some entirely missing, some started but incomplete, some with missing details, etc... With 2-3 people making a few quests per day, we should be done within two weeks. :cool: Working alone, as I have been, "at least 50%" is quite the long process.

Never offered a mapper lol

Oh, lol. My bad. Thought you were showing me your application. :p

Last edited:
If you're interested in joining the project, please fill out the application form on the main post. ;)

24h bump.

Last edited:
I've received a few messages regarding the project. Let me briefly address further concerns or questions:

People seem to be under the assumption that this is some shitty real map project (please excuse my language). Let me assure you, this is not like any other real map project you've ever seen OpenTibia. Those close to development have even said it has more potential than any other real map project they've seen to date because of one thing: our vision.
4g6seg.gif
I guarantee this is unlike anything you've ever seen before. What we have planned has never been attempted. Is that good or bad? We have yet to find out. Yes, it is based on Tibia.com. And yes, it is a "real map project." But the vision behind this project is that of renowned proportions. And no, it won't always be a dull and boring copy of Tibia.com. There are years of plans being mapped out. And before launch, we will have at least 12 months planned ahead.

Hope that answers questions or concerns regarding the project. Our weakest point is lack of skilled developers, and I can't finish these plans without you. Unfortunately, my skills are limited to a few areas. But with your help, we can make these plans a reality... :cool: If you're interested in building this future with me, please fill out the application on the main post so that we may begin our journey. ;)

Regards,

J.Dre

Last edited:
The search continues.

Steady progress in being made in both data-pack development and website development. I, myself, have recreated more than 250 monsters, nearly three dozen spells, and have spent hours fixing up the map over the past few days in preparation for testing. :cool: Vocation balancing should be nearly perfect. Our goal is provide a stable, online gaming experience for years to come.

In regards to the map, I've decided it best to add additional hunting areas (from 8.7x updates) for our players, so that they may have more options when it comes to hunting and finding the right place to do so. It can become quite crowded on real map servers, and we are prepared to handle that with advanced systems & additional hunting areas.

24h bump.

Last edited:
GL finding full time developers. But some have real works :)

Thanks, @samco. They don't necessarily have to be full-time to join up. ;) However, full-time developers will have the most benefits.

Part-time developers will be paid per task and have no obligations beyond that.

Good afternoon, everyone. And good evening to some...

As previously mentioned, we have spoken of our desire to improve and innovate unlike any other. Today I present to you a quick sneak-peak into our plans for future updates. With updates, we not only want to bring new content, but with it, a new experience. Our developers share a single vision and our plan is to continue this trend throughout the entire game-world in a manner which sets the stage for future progress in light of a new story and beginning for our project and its community. Here's a glimpse ahead of what is to come - we've taken something dull, boring, and brought it to life:

You may recognize this place as the Svargrond training grounds in Tibia:

2uo54aq.jpg

Now here's the same training grounds with a touch of our vision:

nh05z.png

Now take step back and imagine the entire map - or the entire project, for that matter - with such level of quality and improvement. Our vision is that of one unlike any other. The focus of this project is to reinvent in a manner of continued collaboration with the entire community in hopes of developing one of the greatest OpenTibia server's in existence. If there's a will, there's a way. We take pride in excellence. "Good enough" is not a part of our vocabulary, and this requires many things, but most of all, a skilled team of individuals prepared to make a path and leave a trail.
emoticon_thumbsup.gif

With that being said, I hope to see some more applications fly through. Classes resume next month and it's my hope that we can nearly finish by then. I'd like to give a special thanks to Kamil, our Lead Programmer, for his dedication and loyalty throughout the process of development. And finally, @Chris, for his continued efforts in designing the website.

24h bump.

Last edited:
Maybe I'll change the thread title to, "Not hiring skilled developers." Might bring better luck as this one doesn't seem to be working. :D

24h bump.

If you have any questions regarding the project, please leave a post below.

24h bump.

Last edited:
A discussion thread will hopefully be created within the next few weeks. Stay tuned for that.

24h bump.

People keep asking me how much I'm "willing to pay..." Let me attempt to address these concerns for you greedy bastards: :D

The project is divided into sections (or parts). Each part has a certain budget. For example, the data pack may have a budget of approximately $500 assigned to it. But how much you earn is dependent solely on you - quality, quantity, etc. See this post for more information. When it comes to this sort of thing, I take extra precaution. I've been involved in countless unfortunate circumstances. There are people who have scammed me, people who have quit randomly, and those who have resold code I've specifically paid for, or leaked information and/or code.

I'm sorry it must be this way, and it may seem "annoying" to some, but I'm only covering my ass. Loyalty & trust is of utmost importance.

24h bump.

P.S. I'm working on the data pack as well. ;)

Last edited:
Progress is being made on website development. Images coming soon... We'll begin the Alpha test phase today.

Still searching for help. Need some very active developers! :cool:

24h bump.

Just a quick update:

I have a big exam coming up this Friday. I have been (and will be) hard to reach until Saturday (August 1st). You may send me private messages, but they may not be replied to immediately.

2ush1yd.png

Development continues. Our lead programmer is continuing with the Alpha testing during this time.

24h bump.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back