• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team [10.9x] Project: Recruiting Skilled Developers | Paid Opportunities Available

How do you now feel about this project after having read post #182 on page 10?

• It's still unclear. I'll reply below and explain why.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, @Chris is making our website. He's a great web developer - the best I know. He'll be making a custom version for this project. :cool: The registration will open when the Beta is ready. Final changes will be made to the AAC pending launch. It will be more like Tibia.com as opposed to the public Pandaac release. This is a project based off Tibia, so we want to keep things original.

More details soon to come in our discussion thread. I've hired an excellent Photoshop designer for that. :)

Last edited:
Just a quick update:

I have a big exam coming up this Friday. I have been (and will be) hard to reach until Saturday (August 1st). You may send me private messages, but they may not be replied to immediately.

2ush1yd.png

Development continues. Our lead programmer is continuing with the Alpha testing during this time.

24h bump.

Just wanted to bump this thread one last time before I head to my exam.

2nlu5mx.png

Here's another sneak peak at the website. We'll be using Pandaac. @Chris has been working like a champ and has accommodated most of my requests.

24h bump.

I'll be implementing & testing quests today. We're making some final changes to the engine, but things are looking good.

Still hiring! There's plenty of work to go around.

24h bump.

If you're interested in more details, please send me a PM or post below. I don't mind answering questions.

Last edited:
I'm really interested in this, I unfortunately can't apply because I'm a very basic scripter but I have been following this for ages, I hope you find the people you're looking for, I don't want to rush anything but I'd love to see a few more pics of reimagined areas like that svargrond place you showed, man that is beautiful!

Best of luck and keep strong!

Glad you appreciate the effort, and I appreciate your support. Thank you.

Unfortunately, this is not an advertisement thread. I'm still in need of developers to prepare this project for a Beta-launch before August 23rd. And because of this, I probably won't be releasing much more of anything like that. It was released in hopes of grabbing developers' attention. A Discussion and Advertisement thread will follow shortly, as long as development reaches its anticipated levels. :cool:

24h bump.

Last edited:
Good morning, everyone.

It has been quite a while since I've posted here. Here's a quick update with regards to the development of this project:

We have moved back the launch date. On a more positive note, I've acquired more funds to support the project and the website is nearing its completion. :) The data pack is still under development. Progress on the data pack is halted, primarily due to the fact that only one person is developing it, but is expected to pick up again within the next few weeks. The source has taken longer than expected in order to implement updated functions, events, etc. (e.g. ChatChannels) amongst several other TFS 1.2 features, again, due to the fact that we only have one programmer whom is currently too busy to continue. The entire data pack & source code is being remade. This requires exorbitant amounts of time, but should be on track for our new launch date.

Hopefully we can find some additional help. Please apply if interested!

Thank you.

Last edited:
Lua Coders:
The version we are using is based on TFS 0.3, but uses the latest object-oriented Lua interface from TFS 1.2.
e
So the 0.3 source has been edited to support metatables with the same structure as 1.2? or have you created your own metatables using the 0.3 tfs framework?
0.3 has it's own interfaces or are you confused as to what an interface is?

Lua came out in 1993 and according to whois.ws otland.net was created 2007, "object-oriented" aspect of lua or the emulation there of might be well over the age of this community, so I am little confused when you say object-oriented Lua or did you mean to say object-oriented tfs? :p

So the 0.3 source has been edited to support metatables with the same structure as 1.2? or have you created your own metatables using the 0.3 tfs framework?
0.3 has it's own interfaces or are you confused as to what an interface is?

Lua came out in 1993 and according to whois.ws otland.net was created 2007, "object-oriented" aspect of lua or the emulation there of might be well over the age of this community, so I am little confused when you say object-oriented Lua or did you mean to say object-oriented tfs? :p

As far as I know, it uses the same interface (or a version of it). I don't know the specifics. I'm not the programmer. But he said he recorded the entire source code (including all of the functions), updated it to C++ 14, added new events, and so on. :) It's not really 0.3 anymore. Our version of TFS is now known as 2.0. The only thing Lua Scripters need to know, is that TFS 1.2 scripts work.

Last edited:
Good morning,

In light of recent developments, we are now ready to begin phase 1 of our latest client protocol. This means we are gathering required resources and are now searching for new developers for new tasks. More specifically, I'm looking for a programmer capable of keeping the OtClient updated (and full of features), and implementing the FlashClient. I'm also looking for someone who is capable of designing a new Map Tracking program, with its primary function being the ability to convert TibiaCast recordings. RME must also be updated. These are the essential parts required.

Hope to find someone soon! :)

Thank you

Last edited:
Good morning,

Today I have some news and answers to frequently asked questions. I've recently acquired additional funding for the project and plan to utilize every penny of it. Funds are gathered from various sources, primarily from personal savings or loans. I'm heavily invested in this project. With a limited budget, I am focused on the proper allocation of resources, and I've decided development may be the best place to invest at this time. If you want to work for free, we are definitely interested to have you! Please do not hesitate to apply.

Don't have a good computer for full-time development? You need not worry! Full-time developers will be given a new desktop as part of my initiative for sustainable growth. :cool: Read more... Dedicate yourself to the project and you'll be greatly rewarded. There are currently two full-time positions available, and more will become available after launch. Updates are key to sustainable growth - combined with this initiative, we will pave our road to success. If you would like to be apart of this success, please express your interest in an application below.

You may be wondering, "What constitutes full-time & part-time development?" That's a good question, and a lot of people may have been scared away with the use of these words. I'm not expecting you to work 40 hour weeks like people do in real life. You may work this much if you wish. If you do so, you will be paid more than others. "Full-time" at ClapSoft® is approximately 3-5 hours per day (or 15-25 hours per week). "Part-time" is approximately 1-3 hours any given day, and less than 15 hours per week. This is not the traditional full-time and part-time.

P.S. I'm not in this for the money. Money will come, I have no doubt. But I will not take a penny until after all costs, and my team, are taken care of.

24h bump.

Last edited:
Good morning,

It has been a long time now since I first began searching for a dedicated team. My first thread was created in 2011 after realizing this task was impossible for me to finish alone. Maybe my standards were too high then... Maybe they are still too high now. But that doesn't scare me. After a while it hit me that I could do even better, which brings me here today. In order for me to achieve what I have dreamt of for years, and have given so much to, I need a team. I'm no genius. I'm merely a visionary and an entrepreneur. And before I graduate from University, I'd like to finish what I started years ago.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. I can't go back and make a new start, but I can still make a new end with your help. So, take a chance. Stop viewing/reading this thread every day, hoping for a miracle that will never come, because it will never be finished without the help of a few of you. Send me a private message and we can get started.

24h bump.

Last edited:
I admire your entrepreneurship and enthusiasm, many would have given up a long time ago.

Best of luck finishing this, if I had the skillset and time/motivation I definitely would've helped you.

@up +1
Good luck with the project :)

Good afternoon, everyone.

Today I bring you some good news. Our main programmer should be available in the upcoming weeks to officially conclude Alpha development of the source. This means we will soon be moving into Beta development. However, we will not have an open Beta for quite some time, as there is still much to be done.* The main post has been updated!

*I'm still searching for at least two Lua scripters whom are willing and able to dedicate themselves part-time (or full-time) to the project. We have dozens of quests left to create, implement, and/or test. We may skip an open Beta and move directly to the launch depending on how much progress is made in the upcoming weeks. Please do not hesitate to apply!

Is the website already available? Didnt see any link to it yet :O

Our official website is not publicly available, yet. It will be made available when the official Beta launches to begin registration.

You can view the AAC of which we'll be using here. A version of this will be made FREE for everyone to use, which is why this project is officially supporting Pandaac. :cool: However, I will have a custom version with many unique and exciting features for our players and staff, and most, if not all, of Tibia's default features.

nice website!

Thank you! :) I've been assisting Chris for quite some time now. You can view a sneak peak of a few parts of the project on page 4 of this thread.

24h bump.

Last edited:
Good morning,

Today is the start of a new week. We are nearing the end of September, and development plans are still in motion. Development itself is creeping along. Daily progress is being made. The following months of October and November will be crucial months of development for this project. I'm hoping to find a Programmer and at least one Lua Scripter to assist in the development process. Again, please do not hesitate to apply. I don't expect you to be a genius... Just dedicate yourself, finish what you start, and do so in a timely manner, and everything will work out. ;)

If you have any questions, please leave them below.

Thanks!

24h bump.

P.S. I'll be updating the main page shortly with some new information explaining what's expected of developers.

Last edited:
The main page has been updated with new information, which can be seen here. More information will come at a later time. After a Programmer has been hired and has created the programs I need, new positions will become available (e.g. map trackers), whose payment options will extend to Tibia Coins, if they so wish. More details will come in the upcoming weeks. Please do not hesitate to apply!

Appreciate the continued support! :cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back